PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Paper

Ranger Mom
06-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Which way does it go on?

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2005, 09:38 PM
what brought this on? or do we wanna know?

lostaussie
06-30-2005, 09:41 PM
over the top. there have been divorces for less of a crime than this.

Ranger Mom
06-30-2005, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
what brought this on? or do we wanna know?

LOL!! I had an ex-sister-in-law and a sister-in-law BOTH put toiler paper on the dispenser in my two bathrooms this week and they both put it on with it coming from the bottom....just drives me nuts!!

mustang04
06-30-2005, 09:47 PM
personally, i like it between the right and left cheeks.....it doesnt have any purpose just sittin there on a roll or not:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
over the top. there have been divorces for less of a crime than this. wow. thats intemidating. and a little scary.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2005, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! I had an ex-sister-in-law and a sister-in-law BOTH put toiler paper on the dispenser in my two bathrooms this week and they both put it on with it coming from the bottom....just drives me nuts!! so does this disprove the notion of a reason for splitting up a marriage? i mean wemon like the toilet seat down, no problem thats anatomy. but if a woman puts the TP on the wrong way isnt that almost in a twilight zone sort of way like a woman leaving the seat up?

Gobbla2001
06-30-2005, 09:52 PM
I've always enjoyed it being 'under'... I dunno, that's just me... HOWEVER, I voted over the top because that's how it has been presented to me all of my life...

But a Warning: If you ever know me while I am living out on my own, and you come to visit my house, be prepared for it to be 'under'... I just feel you can separate the sheets more easily if it is in that position...

LH Panther Mom
06-30-2005, 09:54 PM
What timing, RM! Hubby just told me about 10 minutes ago that he put it on upside down. :D Over the top at my house.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
What timing, RM! Hubby just told me about 10 minutes ago that he put it on upside down. :D Over the top at my house. i smell a conspiricy...wemon are corroburating (sp?) against men. that is what is going on here.:D

Ranger Mom
06-30-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I've always enjoyed it being 'under'... I dunno, that's just me... HOWEVER, I voted over the top because that's how it has been presented to me all of my life...

But a Warning: If you ever know me while I am living out on my own, and you come to visit my house, be prepared for it to be 'under'... I just feel you can separate the sheets more easily if it is in that position...

Are you that frugal? Please don't tell me you buy 2-ply and then separate it to get two rolls for the price of one!

CHS_CG
06-30-2005, 09:59 PM
it doesnt really matter to me.. most of the time at my house whoever uses the rest of the roll just gets another one and sets it on the back of the toilet.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2005, 10:00 PM
Are you that frugal? Please don't tell me you buy 2-ply and then separate it to get two rolls for the price of one! how is preferring the roll to be positioned a certain way frugal? if he seperates the rolls then yes, frugal only starts to describe...but i think he just likes to have the roll a certain way.

Ranger Mom
06-30-2005, 10:01 PM
how is preferring the roll to be positioned a certain way frugal? if he seperates the rolls then yes, frugal only starts to describe...but i think he just likes to have the roll a certain way.

Did you not read what he posted??

He said (and I quote) "I just feel you can separate the sheets more easily if it is in that position... "

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2005, 10:03 PM
yea i saw that, but what i got from that statement was that the ply he is reaching for is falling from the roll and he doesnt risk a premature rip in the rest of the roll.

Gobbla2001
06-30-2005, 10:04 PM
Are you that frugal? Please don't tell me you buy 2-ply and then separate it to get two rolls for the price of one!

No, I just happen to use toilet paper at work when I'm in a hurry... And it's common sense that MOST of the time when you're pulling TP off a roll that your hand is above the toilet paper... and if it is 'over the top', and you're pullin' in a hurry, you'll most-likely spin out more toilet paper than you need...

However, if it is 'under', and you're pulling fast, it is easier to break off...

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2005, 10:06 PM
No, I just happen to use toilet paper at work when I'm in a hurry... And it's common sense that MOST of the time when you're pulling TP off a roll that your hand is above the toilet paper... and if it is 'over the top', and you're pullin' in a hurry, you'll most-likely spin out more toilet paper than you need...

However, if it is 'under', and you're pulling fast, it is easier to break off... i dont really think this is something that can be done "in a hurry" the personal business i mean. to me it has always been one of those things that you jsut wait until you have time then perform the task at hand. just my opinion.

Ranger Mom
06-30-2005, 10:07 PM

However, if it is 'under', and you're pulling fast, it is easier to break off...

LOL....GOTCHA!!

You have be careful with those one-plys....they are rather....uh.....fragile at the worst possible time!:D

Gobbla2001
06-30-2005, 10:08 PM
i dont really think this is something that can be done "in a hurry" the personal business i mean. to me it has always been one of those things that you jsut wait until you have time then perform the task at hand. just my opinion.

Yah, but when it takes you 3 minutes to get there and 3 minutes to get back (already 6 minutes), you kinda have to make your business short...

At home it's over the top, but still, it is easier to break if it's 'under'...

I'm sure 'under' is stamped in everyone's memory because the royal-family or someone important said 'it goes over' back in the day, now we do it that way... do what makes you comfy, folks, unless it's illegal and disgusting...

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2005, 10:10 PM
Yah, but when it takes you 3 minutes to get there and 3 minutes to get back (already 6 minutes), you kinda have to make your business short... what line of work do you do?

Gobbla2001
06-30-2005, 10:12 PM
what line of work do you do?

I work at a plant, and in our division of the plant, the 'number 2 room' is half-way across our division of the plant... stinks, but oh well, I get to see some scenery on my way ;)

SwtwtrMstngs04
06-30-2005, 10:13 PM
As long as its there and within arms reach it works for me. Otherwise im not a happy camper.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2005, 10:14 PM
I work at a plant, and in our division of the plant, the 'number 2 room' is half-way across our division of the plant... stinks, but oh well, I get to see some scenery on my way ;) ill be sure to never do that then. i actualyl want to become a fire fighter after i get out of the service.

Ranger Mom
06-30-2005, 10:14 PM
the 'number 2 room' is half-way across our division of the plant... stinks, but oh well, I get to see some scenery on my way ;)

Stinks as in "smells bad" or "the pits" or both?:D

Gobbla2001
06-30-2005, 10:16 PM
Stinks as in "smells bad" or "the pits" or both?:D

Wow, now that you mention it, BOTH... it stinks that I have to walk that far (though it burns time), but it also stinks because of, well, you know... we have some 'fresh outta Mexico' folks out there, and they're used to not having to 'flush' down there :eek:

j_dog
06-30-2005, 10:16 PM
LOL!! I had an ex-sister-in-law and a sister-in-law BOTH put toiler paper on the dispenser in my two bathrooms this week and they both put it on with it coming from the bottom....just drives me nuts!!
doesn't bother me! I correct it! :D

Gobbla2001
06-30-2005, 10:20 PM
But I do get REALLLLY mad if someone gets CLOSE to using up all the TP or DOES, and leave the roll on the dealy and pulls out another roll and just 'sits' it there... if it's 'supposed' to sit there, that's fine, but if it goes on the spinner deal, PUT IT THERE...

Ranger Mom
06-30-2005, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
doesn't bother me! I correct it! :D

Oh believe me, so do I!!;)

What I really hate is the ones at my office. The 2 roll job.

When housekeeping puts one on the roll one way and the one above it another way....they both come out at the same time.

There is a lock on that one, so I can't remedy it!

Phantom Stang
06-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Over the top's the only way in my toilet.;)

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-30-2005, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Over the top's the only way in my toilet.;) in your toilet huh? so is it like a pool party or jacuzzi or what?:D

Phantom Stang
06-30-2005, 10:42 PM
in your toilet huh? so is it like a pool party or jacuzzi or what?:D
lol make that my "toilet stall"

lepfan
06-30-2005, 11:44 PM
I have actually changed it in my friend's houses...:rolleyes: :D

Old Tiger
06-30-2005, 11:49 PM
over the top....crap even I know this one

bullfrog_alumni_02
07-01-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
I have actually changed it in my friend's houses...:rolleyes: :D thats bad...

Old Tiger
07-01-2005, 12:39 AM
That is funny though

AggieJohn
07-01-2005, 07:07 AM
this is such a "offseason" thread

pirate44
07-01-2005, 07:21 AM
it all depends. normally over the top is the correct way, but in case you have a toddler who likes to spin all the paper off the roll, having it come from underneath would be the proper way.

CHS_CG
07-01-2005, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
but in case you have a toddler who likes to spin all the paper off the roll, having it come from underneath would be the proper way.

I will be sure to remember that down the road lol!

AP Panther Fan
07-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Definitely over the top...same with paper towels.;)

I'm with Gobbla2001, it irks me when nobody will put a roll on the spinner thing...over the top or under! The only thing worse is leaving an empty roll on it.:rolleyes: :D