PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Tour de France

Phil C
06-30-2005, 01:25 PM
We all know that Lance Armstrong is going to try to make a record seven in a row but to make it interesting there are at least three rivals that could challenge strongly. The 1997 winner Jan Ullrich is always a dangerous challener. Also keep an eye on Elexandre Vinocourov and Ivan Basso as they could challenge. Of course then you may have the unknow that rises to the ocassion and challenge. Thrilling times indeed!

pirate4state
06-30-2005, 01:42 PM
When is the final? :D I don't get how people can watch this race day after day. How many days does it last anyway? '

B-O-R-I-N-G :nerd:

Phil C
06-30-2005, 01:45 PM
I don't know if they race everyday but the time it is done is July 2 to July 24. Lots of fun time indeed for us to enjoy. :)

District303aPastPlayer
06-30-2005, 01:50 PM
Ivan Basso looks to be a really solid competitor, look for him to make it interesting. Armstrong should be able to make a great run during the climbing stages and the time trials.

PhiI C
06-30-2005, 07:44 PM
I saw Lance on tv and he is determined to make the effort to win the 7th straight one! Exciting times coming indeed!

Bandera YaYa
06-30-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I saw Lance on tv and he is determined to make the effort to win the 7th straight one! Exciting times coming indeed! I think i will be busy ........*yawn*........ :rolleyes:

mustang04
06-30-2005, 08:11 PM
honestly..i think lance is going to dominate like always

Raider4ever
06-30-2005, 09:00 PM
They dont call it Tour De Lance for nothing!!!!!

Phil C
07-01-2005, 08:26 AM
Right you are Raider!!

Phil C
07-01-2005, 08:28 AM
The pretty thing about the Tour de France is that it lasts till July 24 and by then we will be close to August and football season. :)
This makes the time fly by fast indeed as we enjoy this great event the next several weeks!

turbostud
07-01-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
When is the final? :D I don't get how people can watch this race day after day. How many days does it last anyway? '

B-O-R-I-N-G :nerd:

Some of the flat stages are boring until the sprint finish at the end, but this race has alot of drama. Like when LA faked sickness during a stage only to suprisingly come from behind and blow by everyone including Jan Ullrich(the look) and win the mountain stage. Or when LA crashed on a mountain stage because his handle bar caught a spectators bag only to get up and anihilate the field. There are some boring parts but its well worth it if you have the patience to wait for the dramatic parts.

Phil C
07-01-2005, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by turbostud
Some of the flat stages are boring until the sprint finish at the end, but this race has alot of drama. Like when LA faked sickness during a stage only to suprisingly come from behind and blow by everyone including Jan Ullrich(the look) and win the mountain stage. Or when LA crashed on a mountain stage because his handle bar caught a spectators bag only to get up and anihilate the field. There are some boring parts but its well worth it if you have the patience to wait for the dramatic parts.

The comentators make it very interesting until then turbo.

Phil C
07-01-2005, 02:31 PM
I wonder how many people are going to accuse Lance of taking illegal drugs this time. He has been tested so many times and always the results are negative. I think his success is due to hard work myself.