PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried "Trillian"??

Ranger Mom
06-30-2005, 11:42 AM
My ex-sister-in-laws computer nerd of a husband was telling me about it and said it was GREAT!!!

I was just wonder if any of yall had it...it sounds pretty cool. He said there are no pop-ups and no ads....and all your AIM, Yahoo, etc. buddy lists are combined!!

Here's what I found on it:

After nearly two years, Trillian is back to claim its rightful title as king of all chat clients. Version 3.0 offers a completely overhauled interface, tabbed chatting, enhanced messaging functionality, improved file transfers, and a new Instant Lookup feature. The program offers simultaneous access to the fab-five chat clients: Yahoo Messenger, MSN Messenger, ICQ, mIRC, and AIM. By importing your passwords, buddy lists, and client preferences into its own interface, Trillian acts as a hub for all your chat traffic.

Installation and setup are simple, and the included features are useful. You can check supported e-mail accounts with one click, view detailed event logs for each client, and, of course, chat. Plus, each supported chat client has options such as video and voice messaging, SMS support, and file transfers. Trillian also offers skin support, although they can be a bit testy to install. While you'll occasionally lose contact with AIM, that's AOL's fault. Credit Trillian for fixing these blocks quickly.

The best thing about Trillian is that it's absolutely free--there's no adware or functionality limitations. So if you need help managing your schizophrenic chatting identity, this puppy's for you.

TRILLIAN (http://www.trillian.cc)

District303aPastPlayer
06-30-2005, 11:43 AM
i rather would use individual clients. sometimes it gets hard to manage them all on trillian if you have large buddy lists.

Ranger Mom
06-30-2005, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i rather would use individual clients. sometimes it gets hard to manage them all on trillian if you have large buddy lists.

I kind of wondered about that.

All I use is AIM and yahoo...but AIM comes up automatically when I sign on to AOL, yahoo doesn't, and I forget half the time.

I think I may try it out anyway!

District303aPastPlayer
06-30-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I kind of wondered about that.

All I use is AIM and yahoo...but AIM comes up automatically when I sign on to AOL, yahoo doesn't, and I forget half the time.

I think I may try it out anyway!

i prefer using AIM and yahoo seperately, mainly because i have an older version of AIM that allows me to group my IM windows.. and updating wouldnt allow me to do that

Bandera YaYa
06-30-2005, 12:13 PM
Since I have no idea what the heck yall are saying here, you can bet I will just remain the same....... :( :kiss:

AP Panther Fan
06-30-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

My daughter's yahoo automatically comes up when I sign on to AOL and it drives me crazy...before I have a chance to shut it down, I have usually received a message or two from her friends.:rolleyes: :)

District303aPastPlayer
06-30-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
My daughter's yahoo automatically comes up when I sign on to AOL and it drives me crazy...before I have a chance to shut it down, I have usually received a message or two from her friends.:rolleyes: :)

you can change it to where it doesnt do that... click the middle box where she signs in..

AP Panther Fan
06-30-2005, 01:21 PM
you can change it to where it doesnt do that... click the middle box where she signs in..

I'll check that out, thanks.:)

District303aPastPlayer
06-30-2005, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I'll check that out, thanks.:)

it should read "Automatically Sign Me In"... of you leave that box unchecked, the messneger will pop up, but it wont be signed in.

AP Panther Fan
06-30-2005, 01:30 PM
it should read "Automatically Sign Me In"... of you leave that box unchecked, the messneger will pop up, but it wont be signed in.

LOL, you are saving me alot of frustration. Since I know most of her friends, they always want to msg back and forth even when they find out it's me rather than her. I see them often enough in person and answer their many phone calls... :D

ahhh, the joy of an "almost" teenager!;)

Old Tiger
06-30-2005, 04:49 PM
I've tried it and it just confused me

rockdale80
06-30-2005, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I've tried it and it just confused me

most things do...

JHS_c/o_06'
06-30-2005, 05:58 PM
the only thing i got out of Trillian was problems....