PDA

View Full Version : University of Texas gets 2nd place in 2005 Sports Academy Directors' Cup

Phil C
06-29-2005, 04:20 PM
This award takes into consideration all sports both men and women's sports. Stanford won first place with a score 1,209.25 to UT's second place of 1075. It must be noted that Stanford does have more sports that they do well in that UT doesn't have sports that Stanford has such as Men and Women's Water Polo, Men and Women's Fencing, Men and Women's Gymnastics, Men's Soccer, Men's wrestling and Women's Lacrosse.
Texas edged out UCLA who got third place with 1074 points. It must be remembered that UCLA also has more sports they do well in such as Men and Women's Water Polo, Men's Soccer, and Women's Gymnastics.

Overall probably a moral victor for UT and great success in their programs.

Old Tiger
06-29-2005, 04:39 PM
Texas did well in the sports that matter!!! HOOK'EM!!!!

sahen
06-30-2005, 03:05 AM
just thought people would like to know

21. Nebraska
24. Oklahoma
25. Baylor
26. Texas A&M
41. Missouri
44. Oklahoma State
45. Colorado
56. Texas Tech
60. Iowa State
61. Kansas
77. Kansas State

Baylor was 4th in the Big 12

Pretty impressive if you ask me since Baylor competes in 4 or 5 less sports than most of the schools around them so they dont get any points for those sports while other schools do....And in my opinion Horns had a better year than Stanford....

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/nacda/sports/directorscup/auto_pdf/0405D1FinalStand.pdf

AggieJohn
06-30-2005, 07:08 AM
all i can say is tech

sahen
06-30-2005, 08:59 PM
ttt

i saw we had 2 posts on this already...but i thought people might wanna see the whole list and that is on my first post in here...

LH Panther Mom
06-30-2005, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
all i can say is tech

You should expand your vocabulary. :rolleyes:

c-town_balla
06-30-2005, 09:20 PM
Stanford does better becuase, of all the sports like:

• Crew - Men & Women
• Fencing - M & W
• Field Hockey - Women
• Gymnastics - Men
• Gymnastics - Women
• Lacrosse - Women
• Sailing - M & W
• Soccer - Men
• Synchronized Swimming
• Volleyball - Men
• Water Polo- Men
• Water Polo - Women
• Wrestling

Texas dosen't have any of these that Stanford has as a t the NCAA level. If i'm wrong don't go crazy.