PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Leases?? Anyone know of any?

ej2525
06-29-2005, 11:17 AM
I live NE of Houston & I am looking for a duck/dove/goose hunting lease within less than an hour of my house if possible. I have searched online with little to no results so I thought I might try the Low for any possible leads. Help??? :confused:

olddawggreen
06-29-2005, 12:16 PM
Have you tried calling the Chamber of Commerces in the areas your interested in? I know in the hill country a lot of land owners regrister there properties which are for lease with the Chamber Of Commerce. Just a suggestion, good luck!:)

Gobbla2001
06-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Within an hour? I'd try Eagle Lake... of course there my not be much available...

ej2525
06-29-2005, 01:19 PM
I have hunted out there about 5 years ago. Unfortunately I live in Kingwood and Eagle Lake is closer to 2 hours away from my house. A little too far to drive over & over for a day hunt.

ej2525
06-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Have you tried calling the Chamber of Commerces in the areas your interested in? I know in the hill country a lot of land owners regrister there properties which are for lease with the Chamber Of Commerce. Just a suggestion, good luck!:)

Didn't know that... I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

lepfan
06-29-2005, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by ej2525
I live NE of Houston & I am looking for a duck/dove/goose hunting lease within less than an hour of my house if possible. I have searched online with little to no results so I thought I might try the Low for any possible leads. Help??? :confused:

Not within an hour...but come on up here...you can catch the dove with a dip net around here....pheasant are BIG and plentiful too! But, the scenery stinks (literally). :)

ej2525
06-29-2005, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
Not within an hour...but come on up here...you can catch the dove with a dip net around here....pheasant are BIG and plentiful too! But, the scenery stinks (literally). :)

Sounds like the place to be for the hunting... What stinks around there in Kansas??? Cow patties??? :eek:

Phantom Stang
06-29-2005, 03:42 PM
There are plenty of Dove here in the Metroplex lately.;)
I don't think the local authorties would think too kindly of me leasing my back yard to hunters tho!:eek:

lepfan
06-29-2005, 06:03 PM
Sounds like the place to be for the hunting... What stinks around there in Kansas??? Cow patties???

feedlots, dairies, and what they pay teachers