PDA

View Full Version : Commerce 17, Pilot Point 14 final

sinton66
11-15-2002, 11:47 PM
Commerce kicked a 37 tard field goal to win. Congratulations Tigers!

Rabbit'93
11-15-2002, 11:49 PM
Congratulations Tigers. That must've been an awesome game. Hats off to PP.

sinton66
11-15-2002, 11:54 PM
I understand PP played them a whale of a game. Commerce pulled it out in the fourth quarter.

footballgal
11-15-2002, 11:55 PM
Congratulations to EOTT's Commerce Tigers, sounds like a great game.

Pudlugger
11-16-2002, 12:01 AM
Wow, exciting game and great win for Commerce! Good luck next week. Pilot Point played a tough game. :)

eye of the tiger
11-16-2002, 01:06 AM
Just got home and folks I am worn out. After holding PP on downs Commerce scored in three plays. I think everybody but Pilot Point thought it was going to be a run away. Pilot Point prety much dominated the game after that. A couple of critical fumbles and what I thought was a bad spot on a PP 4th down play. I really thought the Bearcats had made the first but the ref placed the ball that made them miss by about 1/2 inch. Folks Pilot Point played with so much heart it was a shame there had to be a loser. Don't get me wrong, I am proud of my Tigers for hanging in there and winning, but wow. My congrats to the Bearcats for one heck of a game and hats off to my Tigers. Have I mentioned that I am worn out? Time for a little scotch.

bleedgreen
11-16-2002, 01:13 AM
Mega dittos to Pilot Point. You are to be congratulated for playing Commerce in a close finish. G.A. Moore must be quite the motivator.

<small>[ November 16, 2002, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: bleedgreen ]</small>

Keith7
11-16-2002, 01:53 AM
Good Season Pilot Point, Nothin to be ashamed of..

aamove
11-16-2002, 01:57 AM
Congratulations to the Tigers on a great win. And also to Pilot Point on a great season.

PPHSfan
11-16-2002, 02:01 AM
Folks I just got home. First of all my hat is off to the Commerce Tigers and their fans. The Tigers played 48 minutes of Football and the Fans were there all the way. Both teams played all the way out until the game was over, and I bet there was not a fingernail left on either side of the field. If you were there, you saw a fantastic football game. I am so proud of my Bearcats for the game they played with the Defending State Champions. I think that maybe after tonight, Pilot Point showed all of 3A that they can compete and that they Did have business in the playoffs. It is really a shame there had to be a loser to this game, because both teams gave a championship performance tonight. Once again...Congratulations to the Tigers, you truly are a class act, and a championship team. Good Luck to you guys the rest of the way. :) :) :)

SintonFan
11-16-2002, 02:08 AM
WOW!!! It sounded like an awesome game! Great win EOTT! You still need to try 66's wine. Hehe. Sorry about the loss PPHSFan, I hope you continue to post here for the rest of the playoffs. It wouldn't be the same without ya, buddy. :D :D :D

MASH4077
11-16-2002, 02:20 AM
I predicted a Commerce blow-out,boy was I wrong.Congrats to PP and GA for stepping up.

Chris Hart
11-16-2002, 02:28 AM
I am surprised as well, I expected Pilot Point to play well, but nothing like that. Congratulations to Commerce and Eye of the Tiger on the win, and congrats to PPHSfan and Pilot Point, I believe G.A. will have you guys as serious contenders next year. That must have been a HUGE scare for Commerce. Great game!!

old horns
11-16-2002, 06:31 AM
PPHS that was a great game tonite. Bearcats were
a very tuff team for the Tigers tonite. Yes yall
do belong in 3A football. Both teams played hard
and fought till the end. Yall have a great team
and very tuff one too. Good job Tigers and way to fite till the end.

TIGERS NEVER QUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FBmania
11-16-2002, 10:49 AM
This game sounds like it was a heavyweight fight. Way to go Tigers. There is no doubt that Pilot Point and Celina belong in 3a good job!

bulldog65
11-16-2002, 11:13 AM
Wow what a game this must have been. Pilot Point hold your head up high! That is one tough Commerce team you took on! Congrats two both sides, this is what I like to believe High School football is all about! Good, Clean, Tough battle. Good luck to Commerce.

TarponFanInNorthTexas
11-16-2002, 12:28 PM
I was at the game last night, and i'll have to say I was thoroughly impressed with BOTH Pilot Point AND Commerce. I was impressed with Commerce's athleticism, but I was even MORE impressed with Pilot Point's scrappiness. They gave Commerce a huge scare, but Commerce kept their composure and did enough to win.

It was a real honor to watch a G.A. Moore coached team play, and even though they didn't quite make, despite what seemed to be overwhelming odds, they nearly pulled it off. My hats off to the Pilot Point Bearcats.

P.S. - EOTT, those were my friends in the PI letterman jackets that you saw. Sorry you didn't get a chance to see me, but they did tell me that you said "hi". By the way, I think P.I. could hang with Commerce. :D

PPHSfan
11-18-2002, 12:19 AM
Hey EOTT, You forgot to mention the Pilot Point Band playing Eye of The Tiger for you at half time. :D :D :D

eye of the tiger
11-18-2002, 12:23 AM
PPHS I stood for the performance. By the way the Pilot Point band puts out a great sound.

SintonFan
11-18-2002, 12:59 AM
PPHSfan:
Hey EOTT, You forgot to mention the Pilot Point Band playing Eye of The Tiger for you at half time. :D :D :D Hehe... heh heh...
Only in HS football! Are you serious PPHSFan?? So subtle (LOL :cool: ) yet so funny!!! :D :D :D A classic quote!