PDA

View Full Version : Will Jasper Have A Reliable Kicker This Year?

olddawggreen
06-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Has anyone heard if Jasper is going to have a reliable kicker this year? Its just my opinion that Jasper would be wearing the crown if they had had a kicking game last year.

JHS_c/o_06'
06-28-2005, 09:18 PM
for my sake.....i hope he's reliable.......whoever he might be.....:D

j_dog
06-28-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
Has anyone heard if Jasper is going to have a reliable kicker this year? Its just my opinion that Jasper would be wearing the crown if they had had a kicking game last year.
You could be right, but of course we will never know.

But, the kicker did not lose the finals game by himself. For one thing, it certainly was not his fault that Jasper found itself down by 21 points on more than one occasion. In all fairness to the Jasper kicker, and frankly at this point I don't even remember his name, the previous week Jasper made all its extra points against Liberty Hill. I don't remember anyone giving the kicker credit for "winning" that game.

But, yes, it would be nice to have a kicker who makes 100 percent of his attempts! :)

JHS_c/o_06'
06-28-2005, 09:48 PM
The way i see it, the kicker.....thats all they do...that is their job and they are expected to do it. If you do your job right, you dont usually get congradulated (unless it really is game winning, exp. this years rose bowl :D ). So unless its a situation like that....you either are simply "there", doing your job, or no one likes you.

As for kicking winning that game, even if Alex had made all of his FG, that would have put us at a tie game, which i think we would have gone on to win in overtime. Not to bring up the past or anything, but there were alot of bad calls in that game. The 2pt convesion was in, i saw it, i had a side view (on the side it happened at, unlike any of the refs) about 10 ft away. And no team only has one penalty in a game. I find that EXTREMELY hard to fathom. But...the past is the past....and we cant do anything about it. When football comes around and if im lucky enough to still be the kicker, i will try/hope to not put us in some of the positions we were in this past season.

Split Back Veer
06-28-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'

As for kicking winning that game, even if Alex had made all of his FG, that would have put us at a tie game, which i think we would have gone on to win in overtime. Not to bring up the past or anything, but there were alot of bad calls in that game. The 2pt convesion was in, i saw it, i had a side view (on the side it happened at, unlike any of the refs) about 10 ft away. And no team only has one penalty in a game. I find that EXTREMELY hard to fathom. But...the past is the past....and we cant do anything about it.

I have the Game Tape trust me he wasn't, and don't forget about our guy that fumbled in the end zone which if he hadn't we wouldn't have been in that situation to begin with. Oh and also i seriously doubt the refs were tryin to screw yall because we were using the ones coach lauve picked at YALL'S STADIUM but your right the past is the past.

Old Tiger
06-28-2005, 10:30 PM
If it's this new kicker they got coming up, I hear he isn't that good :D j/k!

j_dog
06-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Split Back Veer
......your right the past is the past.
So true. I hope we don't start replaying that game, or any other game for that matter. If Jasper had done its job on offense and defense, two points here and there would have made no difference in the winner of the game. It is the team's and coaches' job to make it NOT make a difference by having a good margin. Jasper did not get the job done. So, everyone from Jasper, hold your heads high for giving your best effort, and try to do better in 05. :) :clap:

JHS_c/o_06'
06-28-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
If it's this new kicker they got coming up, I hear he isn't that good :D j/k!

I know...i heard he sucks too......i cant bel......WAIT!....what am i saying??:doh:

olddawggreen
06-29-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by j_dog
So true. I hope we don't start replaying that game, or any other game for that matter. If Jasper had done its job on offense and defense, two points here and there would have made no difference in the winner of the game. It is the team's and coaches' job to make it NOT make a difference by having a good margin. Jasper did not get the job done. So, everyone from Jasper, hold your heads high for giving your best effort, and try to do better in 05. :) :clap:

If we are going to replay a game, I think we should replay the 02 Burnet-Jasper game, that was definatly one of my all time favorites!:D :D

lostaussie
06-29-2005, 08:39 AM
So true. I hope we don't start replaying that game, or any other game for that matter. If Jasper had done its job on offense and defense, two points here and there would have made no difference in the winner of the game. It is the team's and coaches' job to make it NOT make a difference by having a good margin. Jasper did not get the job done. So, everyone from Jasper, hold your heads high for giving your best effort, and try to do better in 05. :) :clap: jdog, you make a very good point. and don't get me wrong, i am glad we won the game. but after it was over and i reflected back, it was one one those games that you wish no one had to lose.

Old Tiger
06-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
I know...i heard he sucks too......i cant bel......WAIT!....what am i saying??:doh: lol

JasperDog94
06-29-2005, 11:14 AM
If Jasper had done its job on offense and defense, two points here and there would have made no difference in the winner of the game. It is the team's and coaches' job to make it NOT make a difference by having a good margin. Jasper did not get the job done. I have to respectfully disagree. In a perfect world, yes you would do everything you should to keep it from coming down to a last minute deal. BUT, what happens when you have two evenly matched teams? Sometimes it comes down to a critical call. Sometimes it's going to go your way. Sometimes it's not. I saw the replay on High School Scoreboard on fox and recorded it and played it back in slow motion. He was definitely in. But it was a close call on a bang/bang play. People make mistakes. You just hope that your team doesn't come out on the losing end of one of those calls.

j_dog
06-29-2005, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by olddawggreen
If we are going to replay a game, I think we should replay the 02 Burnet-Jasper game, that was definatly one of my all time favorites!:D :D
No you wouldn't want to replay THAT game. We would be READY for you the second time around! :D