PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Impressive List...

bevo
06-28-2005, 12:50 AM
HOOKEM' HORNS!!!

All Tournament Teams
Congratulations to the 2005 All-Tournament Team

Catcher - Taylor Teagarden, Texas
First Base - Jeff Larish, Arizona State
Second Base - Joey Hooft, Arizona State
Third Base - David Maroul, Texas
Shortstop - Seth Johnston, Texas
Outfield - Colin Curtis, Arizona State
Outfield - Travis Buck, Arizona State
Outfield - Andy Gerch, Nebraska
Designated Hitter - Will Crouch, Texas
Pitcher - Kyle McCulloch, Texas
Pitcher - J. Brent Cox, Texas
MOP - David Maroul, Texas

PhiI C
06-28-2005, 12:53 AM
I don't know who he could have replaced but it sure seems like there should have been a place for Adrian Alaniz.

Adidas410s
06-28-2005, 12:56 AM
kinda crazy that Baylor and/or Florida did not get anybody on there. Also, the leadoff hitter from Oregon State that went in the 1st round to the Red Sox is an AMAZING player...

bevo
06-28-2005, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I don't know who he could have replaced but it sure seems like there should have been a place for Adrian Alaniz.

Not to take anything away from J Brent...but I feel that both starters deserved that honor. I really felt that J Brent struggled somewhat...especially throughout, from the Super Regionals up until the final championship game. I think that we were fortunate to have such a cushion in most of the games, before he entered in the late innings. They peaked at the right time.

...Adrian will have his due day coming.

Ranger05
06-28-2005, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
I don't know who he could have replaced but it sure seems like there should have been a place for Adrian Alaniz. I agree Phil, Adrian Alaniz pitched great especially in the first game of the national title game against Florida that was a heck of a performance he had the Florida hitters off all night long they didnt know what was comin.

AggieJohn
06-28-2005, 07:04 AM
yeah this is definately bunk list,it's arizona state and texas, i mean tulane baylor and florida had some amazing talent

AP Panther Fan
06-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by bevo

True, many of them based on what I saw! :D

pirate4state
06-28-2005, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by bevo
Not to take anything away from J Brent...but I feel that both starters deserved that honor. I really felt that J Brent struggled somewhat...especially throughout, from the Super Regionals up until the final championship game. I think that we were fortunate to have such a cushion in most of the games, before he entered in the late innings. They peaked at the right time.

ITA!! I was very disappointed that he didn't make the team. He did such a great job in both of his starts!! This is what happened to him in the 2001 State Finals. The MVP award went to Jason Adams b/c he pitched the final game. :rolleyes: He has a national championship and I'm sure that is all the recognition he needs!!! :D :clap:

nutcrackin
06-28-2005, 10:25 AM
I believe the history of the two programs had alot to do with the selections.
ASU- Barry Bonds, Reggie Jackson and Sal Bando.
UT- Clemens, Swindell, Street, Keishnick, etc.

Old Tiger
06-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Hook'Em

Pmoney
06-28-2005, 02:13 PM
i say replace kyle mcculloch with Adrian....Adrian solid the whole way kyle was solid but as solid as adrian:thinking:

pirate4state
06-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
He has a national championship and I'm sure that is all the recognition he needs!!! :D :clap:

See pic below in sig ... :clap:

AggieJohn
06-28-2005, 06:51 PM
there are just some players that aren't there that they need to add on from the other plaers

rockdale80
06-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
there are just some players that aren't there that they need to add on from the other plaers

Jealous that no Aggies made the team? And what is a plaer? No wonder aTm didnt work out for you.........

GOFOR2
06-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
kinda crazy that Baylor and/or Florida did not get anybody on there. Also, the leadoff hitter from Oregon State that went in the 1st round to the Red Sox is an AMAZING player...

well, its based on their performance at the World Series, not for the year or their careers.

AggieJohn
06-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Jealous that no Aggies made the team? And what is a plaer? No wonder aTm didnt work out for you.........

okay mr. class, i mean rockdale, i meant player, jerk, and A&M still works out for me, check the student registry, i'm still a student, still enrolled in classes this fall....how's that crow feel

PhiI C
06-28-2005, 10:44 PM
A list like that always leaves room for debate but it is still an impressive list.

PhiI C
06-28-2005, 10:49 PM
At the same time we have to remember that a lot of good players don't even get to play in that tournament and some of them have outstanding pro careers.

AggieJohn
06-28-2005, 10:52 PM
yes don't get me thinking that i'm jealous that no aggie was on the list, it was a CWS list, and a&m didn't get to the CWS obviously, but i do feel that some of the baylor and tulane players should be included

rockdale80
06-28-2005, 11:37 PM
okay mr. class, i mean rockdale, i meant player, jerk, and A&M still works out for me, check the student registry, i'm still a student, still enrolled in classes this fall....how's that crow feel

Jerk eh......nice. Maybe we can discuss that comment at a meet and greet....

AggieJohn
06-28-2005, 11:42 PM
i'll bring death and destruction, my two pit bulls

that so sounds like a 80's comment, haha, i don't have 2 pitbulls, i have 1 boxer, 1 jack russel, one mutt and a lab with big cancer growths, so if that scares you, then HA!

rockdale80
06-29-2005, 11:34 AM
i'll bring death and destruction, my two pit bulls

that so sounds like a 80's comment, haha, i don't have 2 pitbulls, i have 1 boxer, 1 jack russel, one mutt and a lab with big cancer growths, so if that scares you, then HA!

Just stop talking and do everyone a favor. Better yet, just leave the board.

Phil C
06-29-2005, 11:44 AM
The bitterness seems to be going too far. Let's cool it.

KTJ
06-29-2005, 02:30 PM
Jacoby Ellsbury is the guy from Oregon State.

If you're mad at the idea that no Florida, Baylor, or Tulane players made the list, that's one thing. But until you can name said players and who they should replace on that list and how they performed in the CWS, then this list is legit.

The "star" players from those teams had horrible, horrible CWS performances.