PDA

View Full Version : Stay Out of the Water!!!!!

TAMUGRAD
06-27-2005, 01:40 PM
Just saw on the news that there was another shark attack on the Florida coast. What is going on with the wild life there? I'm not getting in the gulf just yet.

lepfan
06-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
What is going on with the wild life there?

Just nature....they are cold blooded and the water is warming up...they are out and about feeding. They are doing what they know to do.

Personally I am like the guy who tried to save the firs girl...200 yards off the coast is a bit far for an unexperienced swimmer/surfer

Old Tiger
06-27-2005, 01:57 PM
I hardly go to the coast

lepfan
06-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I hardly go to the coast

I have been once...all they had to say was JELLYFISH one time and I was outta there....I am more of a lake type of person.

Old Tiger
06-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Lakes are fun!

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Lakes are fun!

jaccuzies are the way to go

AP Panther Fan
06-27-2005, 02:40 PM
I live on the coast and give me a river any day (preferably the Guadalupe or Comal).:D

wos fan1
06-27-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
Just saw on the news that there was another shark attack on the Florida coast. What is going on with the wild life there? I'm not getting in the gulf just yet. Jaws has returned....:crazy:

gobbler84
06-27-2005, 04:41 PM
I'm going to the coast pretty soon, but the only thing getting in the water will be my hook and bait!

wos fan1
06-27-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by gobbler84
I'm going to the coast pretty soon, but the only thing getting in the water will be my hook and bait! Good Idea. The waters are very warm and that means Sharks. Jaws is coming! :D :D

AP Panther Fan
06-27-2005, 05:43 PM
Shark attacks 2nd teen off Fla. Panhandle

By BILL KACZOR
Associated Press Writer

PENSACOLA, Fla. (AP) -- A teenage boy fishing in waist-deep water Monday was bitten and critically injured in the second shark attack in three days along the Florida Panhandle.

Craig A. Hutto, 16, of Lebanon, Tenn., was taken to Bay Medical Center in Panama City, where his leg was amputated. He was listed in critical condition but was expected to recover, said hospital spokeswoman Christa Hild.

The boy was attacked off Cape San Blas, a popular vacation destination about 80 miles southeast of the Destin area, where 14-year-old Jamie Marie Daigle of Gonzales, La., was killed by a shark on Saturday.

The boy was fishing with two friends when the shark bit him in the right thigh, nearly severing his leg, said Gulf County Sheriff's Capt. Bobby Plair.

:eek: :eek: :(

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
jaccuzies are the way to go you got that right. there is more fun and less danger going this route. unless your the guy who was in the jacuzzi by himself on the "America's Dumbest Criminals" show...that guy was in some pretty bad danger.

AggieJohn
06-27-2005, 06:03 PM
i bet steven spielberg did some sort of work for this to be coordinated with his 30 anniversary of jaws

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i bet steven spielberg did some sort of work for this to be coordinated with his 30 anniversary of jaws thats right, its all staged...

big daddy russ
06-28-2005, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
I have been once...
I've been down there once or twice.