PDA

View Full Version : Merkel could end Wylie dream

stickman
10-16-2001, 08:29 PM
Look for Merkel to upset Wylie this Friday. Wylie thinks they are too good and may be looking past this week to the Sweetwater game.
Merkel has played some great teams this year. Who cares if they were 2A teams. Football is football. This class system is overrated. Lots of 2A teams could beat some 4A and 5A teams. Merkel is fired up and has lots of Mo on their side. I think they can jump on Wylie early and get them frustrated.
Another adavantage Merkel has is that they have fewer players. That means the ones that play get into a better flow. Wylie trys to play too many players and they don't get a good feel for the game. Look for Merkel to have a big year. Merkel has a lot more going for it than just an adult book store in town.

superman
10-16-2001, 11:03 PM
you are very right stickman. the whole town has become a classier place. i heard all the coaches graduated high school and to work at the adult book store or the "merkel public library" you have to have a college education. plus...merkel is led by one of the "most versatile players in this part of the country" and has some all-district basketball players to back him up. sounds like a winning combination to me. i heard the homecomin queen this year had 3 teeth also, they are lookin better and better every minute.

Jacket2000
10-16-2001, 11:09 PM
Well Stickman's comments were greatly exaggerated and Superman's comments were just juvenile. Nonetheless, they both make a pretty good point once you sift through the BS. Yes, Merkel is much improved and should give Wylie a game. But, unless Wylie just completely overlooks the Badgers, I dont see them losing.
Also, besides Celina, I dont think there are any 2A teams that could compete with 4A and definately not 5A teams.
J2K

bigdawg
10-18-2001, 12:58 AM
I think Merkel could take any top 5a school this year. They are amazing!! Especially when you beat Jim Ned by 3 points, that shows some real depth in the Merkel team this year!! I am soooo proud of those boys this year. That has to be a great feeling when you're winning and also on the same team as all your cousins/sons and brothers/uncles.

Mustang45
10-18-2001, 02:02 PM
they are on the same team as there brother and sons and cousins and uncles? that shouldnt be legal

bigdawg
10-18-2001, 02:10 PM
Yes. It is scary to just think about it.

coonrage07
10-21-2001, 12:52 AM
I am gonna have to agree with you on that one Mustang45 they shouldnt all be related sexually its not just illegal its just down right sick.I give yoou props on that one.