PDA

View Full Version : Btk...

lepfan
06-27-2005, 09:21 AM
....pleads guilty to 10 counts of murder. (Wichita, Kansas serial killer...B - T - K stands for Bind Torture Kill)

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
....pleads guilty to 10 counts of murder. (Wichita, Kansas serial killer...B - T - K stands for Bind Torture Kill)

does kansas have the death penalty??

GreenMonster
06-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Scott, these crimes are not punishable by the Death Penalty. I'm unsure as to whether Kansas has the death penalty at all but I know that there was a technicallity that enabled this guy to avoid death.

Old Tiger
06-27-2005, 11:12 AM
Wasn't this guy looney?

Bandera YaYa
06-27-2005, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Wasn't this guy looney? He has carried on his life and has a wife and family and was a respected member of society.......scarey huh???? I have been watching him this morning recount each of the murders, acts like murdering a woman was as casual as picking out produce in the grocery store......he's as cool as a cucumber......not an ounce of remorse...but look past his calm demeanor and look into his eyes....there you will see evil, PURE EVIL !!! :eek:

Maroon87
06-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I recently finished reading a book on this case. Some of the crime scene details made my blood run cold.

lepfan
06-27-2005, 11:37 AM
All the murders were committed before 1994 (when Kansas implemented the death penalty)...so that is not an option. He was a functioning member of society who took his glorified dog catcher position at city hall to the next level. He would measure lawns to make sure they were in regulation. He appeared to be normal, but was a wacked out serial killer. He would have not gotten caught had he not sent a computer disc to KAKE TV in wichita....they tracked the location of where the disc was used and narrowed it down to him. He kept the town of Wichita scared for over 30 years....not to mention other areas.

Old Tiger
06-27-2005, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
He has carried on his life and has a wife and family and was a respected member of society.......scarey huh???? I have been watching him this morning recount each of the murders, acts like murdering a woman was as casual as picking out produce in the grocery store......he's as cool as a cucumber......not an ounce of remorse...but look past his calm demeanor and look into his eyes....there you will see evil, PURE EVIL !!! :eek: weird.... :crazy: :eyetwitch

spiveyrat
06-27-2005, 04:16 PM
His house is up for auction (http://www.mccurdyauction.com/~mccurdy/MC_Database_Main.cgi?FunctionType=Interface&PropertyID=&Category=residential&residential=A05-0122&commercial=&multifamily=&land=&submit=View+Selection) next month... if any of you are interested.

Old Tiger
06-27-2005, 04:42 PM
If it's cheap! j/k