PDA

View Full Version : West Texas Football the Weakest in the State

GreenMonster
06-26-2005, 09:15 PM
hahahahahaha made you look!!! :p :cool:

Gobbla2001
06-26-2005, 09:27 PM
I think that the ONLY reason West Texas football isn't thought as 'highly' of is because it's WAYYYYY out there... other than that, they're all Texans, all kickin' butt out on the field...

BUTTTTT, if that is the NEW stereotype, that's cool, cuz atleast it'll take some raggin' off of us down in Region 4 haha...

Bandera YaYa
06-26-2005, 09:41 PM
Speaking of West Texas football.....I tried to read the book Friday Night LIghts....and I did see the movie....did that team really win State that year??Someone told me the book and the movie was different. :thinking:

Gobbla2001
06-26-2005, 09:44 PM
No, they did not win state in the book or the movie... In the movie, they lost to Dallas Carter in the State Championship game... In real life, and the book, they lost to Dallas Carter in either the Semi's of Regionals (I forget)... in the movie they made Permian play in the state finals to make it more dramatic...

AggieJohn
06-26-2005, 11:29 PM
most likely because they don't get to get on the DL as often as we do......broadband ain't that broad

District303aPastPlayer
06-27-2005, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
No, they did not win state in the book or the movie... In the movie, they lost to Dallas Carter in the State Championship game... In real life, and the book, they lost to Dallas Carter in either the Semi's of Regionals (I forget)... in the movie they made Permian play in the state finals to make it more dramatic...

they would have had to play Carter in the Semis.. Reg I and II isnt it?

Pmoney
06-27-2005, 10:33 AM
yes and carter ended up winning the game but losing the championship b/c of breaking some UIL rules.....which kinda screwed permian cause they prolly would have beat converse judson

Pmoney
06-27-2005, 10:37 AM
but the book is better than the movie....it starts off slow to me....and i am tryin to read this book about De La Salle Spartans in California "When the Game Stands Tall" does anyone know if this is a good book?:thinking:

donjuan
06-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Permian lost to Dallas Carter that year in the Semi's I believe by the score of 14-9. Permian won it all the following year.

football4life
06-27-2005, 01:45 PM
well broadband has made it up this far, so i dont think that is the problem. i have a hard time finding much common ground with all the talk with the region 2-4 people who take up a very large portion of the DL. If i started a post on district 1-3A, i would be lucky to get a page worth of replies. But i think i like that, because we can go 10-0 again this year and not worry about expectations from anyone else, as the panhandle pretenders dont exactly strike fear in the hearts of the rest of the state. Get back to me in November when everyone is wondering if the canyon eagles are for real or not.

Old Tiger
06-27-2005, 01:58 PM
We all know the best football is played in South East Texas but a more relative location is Orange...

BullFrog Dad
06-27-2005, 01:58 PM
fb4l, Congratulations to Canyon on the 3A Lone Star Cup win!

football4life
06-27-2005, 02:05 PM
Thanks bullfrog. It is an amazing honor to be a part of a program like this one. Winning three years in a row is a great achievement by any standards. :clap: