PDA

View Full Version : When it comes to sports, it's been a good year for Gobbla2001

Gobbla2001
06-26-2005, 08:55 PM
It started back in December of 2004, the Cuero Gobblers advanced to their 10th state finals appearance... Though they came up short, it was AWESOME... This team wasn't the one Cuero fans had been 'looking' for, that is to come later, but they pulled through... After losing what 'some' have said is one of the best RB's in the state to an injury, along with a sophmore starting LB who should be all state in two seasons, it was GREAT... Though we lost, I wouldn't take this past season back for anything...

Then you have the North Carolina Tar-Heels... I never liked basketball really... Of course I liked the stars, such as MJ, and I can remember liking a girl in 1st grade because she resembled Scotty Pippen, but other than that, I was not a true fan of basketball until 1997... That year, my step-cousin introduced me to North Carolina basketball, and I have been a fan ever since.... It is awesome finally see them win one now that I have been a fan...

Then you have the San Antonio Spurs... As stated, I was not a true fan of basketball until 1997, but I can remember as a 4 or 5 year old meeting David Robinson and Sean Elliott in the North Star mall in San Antonio while they were signing autographs (it was very early in their careers, of course, I believe it was Sean Elliott's 2nd year and Robinson's first, or vise virsa)... I remember getting a David Robinson jersey autographed by the D-Rob, and a Spurs cap autographed by Sean Elliott... unfortuantly, I do not remember where those items have gone... But anyhoo, the same season my step-cuz introduced me to North Carolina basketball, he got me into Spurs basketball, and I have been into it ever since, and am glad to able to tell my grandchildren that "I saw them win their first three championships".... but hopefully there are more to come...

So love ended up finding me my senior year in High School... and that 'love' ended up decided to attend the University of Texas... Until then, I had not really 'chosen' a university to support, I just rooted for the Texas teams and went into 'neutral' mode when they played each other... but she made it easy, I chose UT... and now they have won their second world series since I have been a fan and I am very happy... I've also witnessed their trip to the final four in basketball, and their consistant, though not 'national championship' play in college football... it was awesome to see them win tonight...

But though I will not make a prediction, just put my 'wish' out there, Cuero could go D1 in football this year... and if they win the title, that'll be almost a full year of GREAT sports for Gobbla2001...