Old Tiger
06-26-2005, 06:23 PM
Texas vs. Nebraska

Tell me what yall think!

mwynn05
06-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Texas vs. Nebraska

Tell me what yall think! Chances are Texas will blow it before the championship game

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-26-2005, 06:37 PM
i think texas will beat ou this year and a&m will beat texas. this is jsut the way i see this one coming down. but i do know it will be either texas or a&m in the big XII title game against someone from the north, probably nebraska.

sahen
06-26-2005, 06:47 PM
i dunno about nebraska winning the north....i think the teams in teh north will all be mediocre again and it will be close....

Old Tiger
06-26-2005, 07:02 PM
I think Texas will not choke this year!

For the North, I see either Nebraska or Missouri going to the Big 12 Title game. I put Nebraska because they are a year into the west coast offence and they are getting the athletes to utilize that type of offence. They should be back to having great seasons in a year or two.

mwynn05
06-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
I think Texas will not choke this year!

For the North, I see either Nebraska or Missouri going to the Big 12 Title game. I put Nebraska because they are a year into the west coast offence and they are getting the athletes to utilize that type of offence. They should be back to having great seasons in a year or two. Where do you draw this conclusion from? I guss if you kepe saying they wont choke every year you will eventually be right.

AggieJohn
06-26-2005, 08:11 PM
i look at it as OU will just really blow tail this year, and while texas will be decent, they haven't increased their recruiting talent from last year, so they will be good, but not flawless, however, i do think that A&M does great, about a 8-4 or 9-3 record

KTJ
06-26-2005, 08:11 PM
A&M will not be the any kind of championship game this year. They are the 3rd/4th best team in the South.

Originally posted by mwynn05
Where do you draw this conclusion from? I guss if you kepe saying they wont choke every year you will eventually be right.

You keep saying that Texas will not win anything but have yet to give any justification and/or reasonings as to why they won't.

AggieJohn
06-26-2005, 08:13 PM
A&M will do better this year.

Bulldog_12
06-26-2005, 08:18 PM
I think it COULD be UT and Missouri. I don't really know for sure yet. A&M will be better this year and has a CHANCE to make a run at it, but due to a killer end to the season, Lubbock, Norman, and then home to play Texas; I just dont know if this is the year.(I hope it is though) I think it all depends on the Red River shootout again. If UT loses, I think they will have serious trouble since they also have to come through College Station. JMHO

AggieJohn
06-26-2005, 08:20 PM
yeah once again the big 12 championship is at dallas, great!

sicem74
06-26-2005, 09:11 PM
baylor vs kansas state

sicem74
06-26-2005, 09:12 PM
lol texas cant even beat ou hahaha

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2005, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by sicem74

baylor vs kansas state

That could be two of the goofiest things you've said. :rolleyes:

sahen
06-26-2005, 09:16 PM
neither can we....lets have a winning season then we can "hahaha" at other schools....

sahen
06-26-2005, 09:17 PM
baylor vs kansas state
baylor vs. iowa state.....now that'd be one no one would expect....

mwynn05
06-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
You keep saying that Texas will not win anything but have yet to give any justification and/or reasonings as to why they won't. Because they cant beat OU and wont beat them this year

KTJ
06-26-2005, 09:54 PM
Because they cant beat OU and wont beat them this year

It's not like we've never beaten OU. We have before and we will again, probably this year. We lead the overall series versus Oklahoma and there was a time where OU couldn't beat UT (I think it was also 5 in a row.)

Also, while it would be freaking great if we could beat OU, we don't have to beat them to win the Big 12 South if things shape up a certain way. OU fans are predicting that they will either go to the Cotton or Holiday bowls.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-26-2005, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
It's not like we've never beaten OU. We have before and we will again, probably this year. We lead the overall series versus Oklahoma and there was a time where OU couldn't beat UT (I think it was also 5 in a row.)

Also, while it would be freaking great if we could beat OU, we don't have to beat them to win the Big 12 South if things shape up a certain way. OU fans are predicting that they will either go to the Cotton or Holiday bowls. you are correct the most either team has won on the other is 5 in a row. mwynn, its almost as if you believe ou is some sort of mystical superstar team. granted alot of there players are good. but they are by no means unstoppable. i fully expect vince young to be atleast 6 or 7% more accurate in passing this year than he was last year. on top of that hewill more than likely be the main work horse on the ground aswell, unless on of the under classmen step up and take the place of cedric benson. but in no was is texas beating ou guarunteed, nor is ou beating texas.

AggieJohn
06-26-2005, 11:18 PM
baylor vs kansas state

yeah i hear those two 2 star recruits you got last year are really going to move your athletic plans in football forward

We're Back
06-27-2005, 12:18 AM
Mizzou will win the North, no expectations like last year. look for Brad Smith to have a big year

AggieJohn
06-27-2005, 12:23 AM
while i do think they do good this year i don't think that they are going to be less pressured, brad smith is good and they know that last year was a sub par year

Pmoney
06-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Chances are Texas will blow it before the championship game Well thats what they thought when Texas was going into the Rose Bowl....Now that they have the nagging monkey off their back they can go win other big games....If Texas is going to beat OU this is got to be the year for 1 thing OU is now a 1 dimintial(sp) team Stop Petersen Stop OU 2nd thing is that OUs defense took a big hit when they lost harris on the line and pool in the secondary

Old Tiger
06-27-2005, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by sahen
baylor vs. iowa state.....now that'd be one no one would expect.... Baylor vs. Kansas

sicem74
06-27-2005, 11:09 AM
shetup lol 7 on 7

gobbler84
06-27-2005, 12:55 PM
As much as i LOVE Texas, I doubt they will make it. Oklahoma is way to much for em'

Old Tiger
06-27-2005, 01:05 PM
All the Okies have to rely on is AD and they will have a new front 5 I think that's what I read, an unexperience QB.

gobbler84
06-27-2005, 01:13 PM
I could be wrong!

bigpimpin
06-27-2005, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Pmoney
(sp) OUs defense took a big hit when they lost harris on the line

DT Tommie Harris played for the Chicago Bears last year, maybe you're thinking of Jammal Brown, the OT.

OU v Mizzou
UT v Colorado

I hate to say it but A&M just isn't ready yet and the worst part is this is Reggie's last year. Tech is always dangerous but the problem with an air-it-out team is that sometimes they don't show up to games.

Old Tiger
06-27-2005, 06:11 PM
A&M will be better when McGee takes over the helm

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-27-2005, 07:07 PM
even though ou will have an unproven qb they will still have one who can play. probably not to the standard that white or hoepal played but he will play. just like any other good team they will relaod and come to play. that being said i hope UT destroys this team for all they are worth. ut as a team will be coming into this season looking to upset ou. every year ti has been said, this could be the year...this could be the year. well again this could be the year. texas will jsut have to come to play unlike the last 5 years. 2 of those 5 years texas did come to play, last year and 2 or 3 years ago they came to play (the '01 season i believe) but were out played. the other 3 years they jsut didnt do anything basically. its sad, but true. ou will be keeping this in mind when they play ut this year and know that they have won in the past and will nto be pressured by texas. so who is playing where aside, it will probably boild down to who comes to play and who has prepared in practice that week.

KTJ
06-27-2005, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
even though ou will have an unproven qb they will still have one who can play. probably not to the standard that white or hoepal played but he will play. just like any other good team they will relaod and come to play. that being said i hope UT destroys this team for all they are worth. ut as a team will be coming into this season looking to upset ou. every year ti has been said, this could be the year...this could be the year. well again this could be the year. texas will jsut have to come to play unlike the last 5 years. 2 of those 5 years texas did come to play, last year and 2 or 3 years ago they came to play (the '01 season i believe) but were out played. the other 3 years they jsut didnt do anything basically. its sad, but true. ou will be keeping this in mind when they play ut this year and know that they have won in the past and will nto be pressured by texas. so who is playing where aside, it will probably boild down to who comes to play and who has prepared in practice that week.

Two words: Rose Bowl

That win has shaken things up here with Mack, VY and the entire football team. Trust me when I say that the aura around here is different.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Two words: Rose Bowl

That win has shaken things up here with Mack, VY and the entire football team. Trust me when I say that the aura around here is different. dont get me wrong, im sure it is different. i want more than almost anything is for texas to beat ou, win the BIG XII and atleast compete for the national title. i trully believe they can do it, the rose bowl does prove they can win big games. all i was saying was even though they have proven they can win big games and ou is down alot this year, it will still be a test.

big daddy russ
06-28-2005, 01:45 AM
UT vs. Colorado for the Championship

CU and Mizzou will be the class of the North. Nebraska's as overrated as their coach... should finish second-to-last... and Kansas, K-State and Iowa State just don't have the horses to compete with the sheer talent of the big 2.

Colorado gets something like 19 starters back, they have a great, resilient coach, they've finally put the big sex scandal behind them, and they were in most every game last year. They'll be a top-20 team at season's end.

K-State and Iowa should have two of the best defenses in the Big XII, but K-State's great D will have to carry them while Iowa's (merely) good D will only have a better-than-average offense to help them out. Mizzou, meanwhile, will get as far as QB Brad Smith can carry them. Word is that they're opening back up to a spread offense and that should get him out in the open field a lot more. If he can rebound from a horrible '04 they'll push Colorado.

Nebraska will do very little with one of the most talented teams in the nation. Call it a Callahan hunch.

The South is wide open. OU's way down while UT, A&M and Tech are way up. Tech's too inconsistent to win it but they'll throw a monkey wrench in someone's parade. Look no further than the boys in College Station for their likely victims. The Aggies return 18 starters from a team that came close to keeping the Sooners out of the Orange Bowl last year and lost another hearbreaker to Baylor. You can chalk both of those losses up to inexperience. Chalk next year's loss against "Tortilla Tech" up to the fact that the Raiders own A&M in Lubbock. Tech's last home loss against the farmers was dang near 15 years ago.

OU is farther down the totem pole than most people seem to realize. Last year's secondary had a hole the size of the one in the Arizona desert. What a coincidence... the loss of the other Stoops to the Arizona desert hurt their D more than anyone realized. Oh, and they lost their two best DB's. But they still have Adrian Peterson. He'll be running behind a line that's as green as the Texas Hill Country in the Spring, but he'll carry OU on his back all year. Whichever QB steps up will excel, the offense should again be one of the best in the conference, and they have the ultimate weapon in their stable... one of the best minds in the land leading one of the most talented teams in the nations. Their biggest test will be making it out of the south with a winning record. They could have trouble against OSU (whom the Sooners traditionally have problems with and should bring back about the same caliber team as last year's squad), A&M (Heisman Hopeful Reggie McNeal will be shooting to kill this year), Tech (the Raiders and former OC Mike Leach will be extremely dangerous this year) and UT (may very well be the best team in the nation)...

...though I still can't see UT going undefeated this year. Getting out of their schedule (they play Ohio State in the Horseshoe before taking on the Big XII South) unscathed would be monumental. Maybe a little too monumental. I think they absorb one loss this year (to a conference foe, not OSU) but run the table against everyone else, especially everyone that the North sends their way. If the loss comes early in the season they'll be in Pasadena in January. If it comes against A&M, they'll be Tempe-bound.

And finally, we get to Baylor. They're the third-best team in the Big XII North. Too bad Waco is at 33* N Latitude.

That's my opinion.

Pmoney
06-28-2005, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by bigpimpin
DT Tommie Harris played for the Chicago Bears last year, maybe you're thinking of Jammal Brown, the OT. O ya my bad:doh:

Old Tiger
06-28-2005, 11:15 AM
Honestly as long as UT is in it and wins I don't care who they play!

pirate4state
06-28-2005, 03:31 PM
Won't make any predicitions until I see how they do against Ohio State!! :cool:

AggieJohn
06-28-2005, 06:50 PM
good conclusion russ

sahen
06-29-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
yeah i hear those two 2 star recruits you got last year are really going to move your athletic plans in football forward
surely u knew i was kidding...

AggieJohn
06-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by sahen
surely u knew i was kidding...

shane what would a day without me giving you a little grief be