PDA

View Full Version : The name (WO-S) draws alot of attention on this board.

WO-S 89
06-25-2005, 09:46 PM
Some good and some bad. I guess that what happens when you have a winning program.

BHBrave08
06-25-2005, 09:47 PM
lol. Very Funny.

wos fan1
06-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
lol. Very Funny. Those rings from 4A look nice on both hands...:p WOS was voted 4A team of the 80's...

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by WO-S 89
Some good and some bad. I guess that what happens when you have a winning program.
why shoudn't it. teams aspire to be talked about in the same breath. in gilmer we do not want to be a one hit wonder. we want to be recognized like the power programs of sealy, daingerfield and cuero among others. be proud that everyone doesn't have to look your town up on a map to find out what direction they have to go for a playoff game. i assure i know where wo-s is even though we have never met.

Chris Hart
Originally posted by wos fan1
Those rings from 4A look nice on both hands...:p WOS was voted 4A team of the 80's... Indeed your dad's generation was very good at WOS! The sad thing is, this is 2005. Good luck!:)

jason
Those rings from 4A look nice on both hands...:p WOS was voted 4A team of the 80's... and they were picked to roll over everybody in 3A but got beat in the first round last year...

maybe they should give 4a another try...

Ranger Mom
06-25-2005, 09:57 PM
It's kind of like "where's there's smoke, there's fire"......where there is WO-S, there is contraversy".

It just makes is that much more fun leading up to the season!

wos fan1
06-25-2005, 09:57 PM
And it will begin again this year! :cheerl:

HighSchool Fan
06-25-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Indeed your dad's generation was very good at WOS! The sad thing is, this is 2005. Good luck!:)

the perfect point, this isn't the 80's anymore. what have you done lately.

Gobbla2001
06-25-2005, 10:07 PM
A great tradition over at WO-S... I hope it continues, just not at Cuero's expense ;)

wos fan1
06-25-2005, 10:07 PM
I'll say it for the 1001 time...You don't understand our DC that is back. We've had a full offseason under him now and when we win this year you'll NEVER hear the end of it i can promise you!! :flamingma

HighSchool Fan
06-25-2005, 10:09 PM
I'll say it for the 1001 time...You don't understand our DC that is back. We've had a full offseason under him now and when we win this year you'll NEVER hear the end of it i can promise you!! :flamingma

he was back last year and that's what everyone said was the reason the would win last year. give us another reason for this year. we're tired of old news.

WOS92
06-25-2005, 10:17 PM
What have we done lately? Well, we've won about 77 percent of our games since 2000, most of them in 4A against some of the toughest competition in the state. We have one non-winning season since 1983, and that year we were 5-5. Our records since 2000 are 15-1, 5-5, 8-2, 8-2 and 7-3. Last year, our three losses were by a combined 21 points, including 17-0 to Bay City. In 2003 AND 2002, our two losses were by a combined six points. If I were a woulda, coulda, shoulda guy (which I'm not), I'd say that put us 14 points from two 10-0 seasons in 4A.

WOS92
06-25-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm not claiming we'll dominate this year. I wouldn't be so presumptuous or arrogant. I'm just pointing out that we've been a strong team in recent years - not just the 80s and 90s.

wos fan1
06-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
he was back last year and that's what everyone said was the reason the would win last year. give us another reason for this year. we're tired of old news. Your right but he didn't even start until the first of August. The coaches we had before him really had things messed up. They had no weight program at all and it showed this past season. Thankfully that has changed. And Beasley will be unstoppable...;)

Goldenstick
06-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Talk is cheap!!! Time will tell who are the teams that have what it takes

Gobbla2001
06-25-2005, 10:21 PM
I'm fully aware of what WO-S has done in most-likely the toughest 4A district in the state, those are pretty good records if you ask me...

wos fan1
06-25-2005, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'm fully aware of what WO-S has done in most-likely the toughest 4A district in the state, those are pretty good records if you ask me... Thanks Gobbla!! ;)

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 10:27 PM
curious if these two proud programs have ever met. probaly not since wo-s was in 4-a for so long.

wos fan1
06-25-2005, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
curious if these two proud programs have ever met. probaly not since wo-s was in 4-a for so long. Don't think we have..

Gobbla2001
06-25-2005, 10:29 PM
curious if these two proud programs have ever met. probaly not since wo-s was in 4-a for so long.

I am pretty sure that these two programs have NOT played each other...

But both won titles in '87....

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 10:31 PM
maybe ya'll can bang heads in the big school division this year

Gobbla2001
06-25-2005, 10:31 PM
I am pretty sure that these two programs have NOT played each other...

But both won titles in '87....

that means they need to play, btw, not bragging...

I just think that since the two programs have been successful, it'd be a good matchup... I'm for it...

Gobbla2001
06-25-2005, 10:33 PM
maybe ya'll can bang heads in the big school division this year

That'd be a good game... but Cuero still has that chance of going small school... and both teams need to make it to the semi's first before that happens... it'd be neat, though...

HighSchool Fan
06-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by WOS92
What have we done lately? Well, we've won about 77 percent of our games since 2000, most of them in 4A against some of the toughest competition in the state. We have one non-winning season since 1983, and that year we were 5-5. Our records since 2000 are 15-1, 5-5, 8-2, 8-2 and 7-3. Last year, our three losses were by a combined 21 points, including 17-0 to Bay City. In 2003 AND 2002, our two losses were by a combined six points. If I were a woulda, coulda, shoulda guy (which I'm not), I'd say that put us 14 points from two 10-0 seasons in 4A.

so you make the playoffs a few years in a row. lot's of teams make the playoffs year in and year out. win a championship then come back talking all this trash. until then, it's been almost 20 years since your won a championship, so quit talking so much trash about how good WOS is.

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 10:37 PM
That'd be a good game... but Cuero still has that chance of going small school... and both teams need to make it to the semi's first before that happens... it'd be neat, though... what teams in you district that are larger?

wos fan1
06-25-2005, 10:39 PM
so you make the playoffs a few years in a row. lot's of teams make the playoffs year in and year out. win a championship then come back talking all this trash. until then, it's been almost 20 years since your won a championship, so quit talking so much trash about how good WOS is. Your going to see how good!! :)

HighSchool Fan
06-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Your going to see how good!! :)

yawn

WOS92
I'm not claiming we'll dominate this year. I wouldn't be so presumptuous or arrogant. I'm just pointing out that we've been a strong team in recent years - not just the 80s and 90s.

OOH! Look at the trash I talked!

You know what? I haven't "talked trash" a bit, and I think most unbiased posters here can look up my posts and agree. Seeing that, your last post makes you look pretty d**n rude and stupid.

Gobbla2001
what teams in you district that are larger?

Only Gonzales, Cuero's is around 690+ on the books, but lower than that after this past class graduated... Gonzales is sitting over 800, haven't made the playoffs the last two seasons so Cuero's been big... I just have a feeling that Gonzo can make a run AT the playoffs this year, you just never know, though...

jason
06-25-2005, 10:41 PM
Your going to see how good!! :) i hope this year is gooder than last year

WOS92
06-25-2005, 10:41 PM
The sad fact is that I'm responding even though I realize how very little you know about us.

HighSchool Fan
06-25-2005, 10:42 PM
OOH! Look at the trash I talked!

You know what? I haven't "talked trash" a bit, and I think most unbiased posters here can look up my posts and agree. Seeing that, your last post makes you look pretty d**n rude and stupid.

real classy :clap: :clap: :clap: i expected that from someone else, i see you're at his level also, congratulations on the step down.

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 10:43 PM
thanks gobbla. by the way, carry on guys, i didn't mean to interrupt anything.

wos fan1
06-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Just let them talk! The Gobblers understand though, just like we understand about their program..

SilsbeeD
06-25-2005, 10:44 PM
OMG its really annoying hearing you always talk about the past of WO-S....guess what its the year 2005 not 1985. Yes silsbee had a good year last year but then lost in the first round of the playoffs but am i going to come on these boards and talk all this trash about how good we are going to be, no i am not. I would rather save my trash talking until after the game is won.

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by SilsbeeD
OMG its really annoying hearing you always talk about the past of WO-S....guess what its the year 2005 not 1985. Yes silsbee had a good year last year but then lost in the first round of the playoffs but am i going to come on these boards and talk all this trash about how good we are going to be, no i am not. I would rather save my trash talking until after the game is won. that almost sounded like trash.

WOS92
06-25-2005, 10:47 PM
To all of you folks who are usually friendly posters but are rude to WO-S folks -- ex. Jason (see above) and others:
Most of the WO-S fans on this board have done NO trash talking, with one exception. Unfortunately, you, for some reason, feel the need to make us feel unwelcome. While I am flattered by the fact that any and every post containing our name brings posts and views out of the woodwork, I think it's a shame that those of us who came here to have a friendly chat about football feel like we're constantly being belittled and accused of things that 99.9 percent of us have not done. You're more than welcome to doubt our program, but do a little reading up on us first. We're more than happy with our team and we know what we've done. We don't really care what teams who have never played us or watched us play have to say. More importantly, search for posts by almost every single WO-S supporter and find "trash talk." I know of ONE poster who does it, and, believe me, I wish it would stop.

GS#17
06-25-2005, 10:47 PM
Actually, the DC didn't come back for the 2004 off-season; he came back in August, so WOS, while improved, didn't have the benefit of an off-season program with him. I think you'll notice a positive difference if you follow WOS football.

The last time WOS won it all was in 87 (15-0), which was definitely in the midst of a WOS dynasty. It's been a long time since they won a state championship, but that's not saying they've been down and out for that long... Keep in mind, WOS made it to the state finals in 4A in 2000 -- although they lost to Ennis, WOS had previously beat the 4A D1 state champion team that year, Bay City (who, coincidentally, had a smaller enrollment than D2 Ennis, but that's another story) -- and they have had 6 seasons where they won at least ten games since 88 (3 of those teams ended at the hands of a few very, very strong LaMarque teams; 2 of those LM teams ended as state champs, the other was a state finalist).

If this conversation is about WOS not being as strong as they once were, I can't disagree -- we're not in the midst of back-to-back-to-back state finals appearances like we were in the late 80s; but, I think it is a mistake to say they can't get back to that point simply because they didn't reach the pinnacle of HS football last year. Objectively speaking, they have pretty good talent on this year's team and the best coaching staff they've had since 2000 -- those are facts. They aren't invulnerable, but they will be strong. If they can stay healthy, improve throughout the year, and get a few lucky breaks here and there, they will be a contender. Of course, I'm sure there are other fans who feel the same way about their teams, so you can take what I say about WOS for what it's worth -- they still have to prove it on the field, and no matter what I or anyone else says about them, it won't make a difference come late December... The teams that prove it on the field, not the fans who talk smack on message boards, will bring home a trophy and get a ring that'll probably be almost as nice as mine... :)

HighSchool Fan
06-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Pilot Point has been in the playoffs something like 26 out of the last 27 years, the won a couple of state championships in the 80's also. they don't come on here bragging about how good they are gonna do, they just get on the field and play. they let their play speak for them, not the fans. maybe WOS could learn a few things from the find folks of Pilot Point.

i'm off to bed, you children can continue now.

SilsbeeD
06-25-2005, 10:49 PM
I'm sry lostaussie i didnt mean for it to sound like that.

WOS92
06-25-2005, 10:49 PM
real classy i expected that from someone else, i see you're at his level also, congratulations on the step down.

Whose level? I was talking to you. You accused me of talking trash, which I haven't done.

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 10:51 PM
why shoudn't it. teams aspire to be talked about in the same breath. in gilmer we do not want to be a one hit wonder. we want to be recognized like the power programs of sealy, daingerfield and cuero among others. be proud that everyone doesn't have to look your town up on a map to find out what direction they have to go for a playoff game. i assure i know where wo-s is even though we have never met. you have nothing to be ashamed of. fly that flag a little higher. i hope they don't like my town in a few years. hell they might not like it now.

WOS92
06-25-2005, 10:53 PM
they let their play speak for them, not the fans. maybe WOS could learn a few things from the find folks of Pilot Point.

Again - we have ONE fan who talks a bit too much trash. I don't. THAT is what we're upset about - being accused of trash talking that we aren't doing. Many posters on this board have acknowledged that. Maybe you could learn a few things from those fine folks.

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 10:54 PM
btw: i sent that last post to wos92. sounded like he was getting a little worked up.

WOS92
06-25-2005, 10:55 PM
For me, it has nothing to do with the way our program is talked about. It's about the way our fans are treated on this board.

Gobbla2001
06-25-2005, 10:57 PM
nm

Gobbla2001
06-25-2005, 10:59 PM
To make you feel a little better, you can visit www.allsports.com/highschool/txsportspage and find a PP fan who talks mucho crapola, mostly during the season, though...

the simple fact is that since entering 3A, PP has had little to talk trash about... so that may be why they are not talking trash... they're prolly back on some 2A board talking trash to their old rivals...

And if I recall, last year's trash talk was not started by WO-S fans, but by folks familiar with the program who had picked them to take it all... all that the WO-S fans did last year and ARE doing this year are defending their program, not starting anything (minus the one)...

lostaussie
For me, it has nothing to do with the way our program is talked about. It's about the way our fans are treated on this board. most only treat you that way if they are jealous of the program. i'm jealous of several programs in this state, but the ones i'm jealous of deserve the most kudos.

LH Panther Mom
Hey, we're glad to have all the folks on here. Some teams, some games may bring a little more "flavor" to the board. Personally, I'd much rather see a lot of activity over some teams, than the type of activity in our district. We have maybe 10 posters from the whole district. :( It's makes the season more interesting, IMO, when there are several to "discuss" the upcoming games. Just my $.02. :)

WOS92
Most of the talk that was put up about WO-S winning it all last year was by Jasper and Bridge City fans - the only two teams we really have a history with. Now we have one with Silsbee and Columbia, who dropped last year.

We, WO-S fans, came in fresh and already had a fight on our hands.

j_dog
06-25-2005, 11:07 PM
And if I recall, last year's trash talk was not started by WO-S fans, but by folks familiar with the program who had picked them to take it all... all that the WO-S fans did last year and ARE doing this year are defending their program, not starting anything (minus the one)...
My point exactly! WOS fans are being accused of things they did not do. And I guess anyone else who picked them to win it all last year are targets for simply expressing their opinions. :mad:

And all you WOS guys, we love you at Jasper for taking the heat off us! :D

LH Panther Mom
06-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
And all you WOS guys, we love you at Jasper for taking the heat off us! :D

ROFL!!! :D :clap:

JHS_c/o_06'
06-25-2005, 11:10 PM
And Beasley will be unstoppable...;)

I've got 11 friends who say otherwise......

lostaussie
And all you WOS guys, we love you at Jasper for taking the heat off us! :D [/B][/QUOTE] the heat ain't off. nobody's forgot about you guys. just along way away.

WOS92
No prob jdog. You can pay us back by taking a dive in Week 0. :D

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 06:03 AM

the simple fact is that since entering 3A, PP has had little to talk trash about...

and WOS has alot to brag about since coming back to 3a??

Gobbla2001
06-26-2005, 09:27 AM
and WOS has alot to brag about since coming back to 3a??

They came back? Wasn't aware that they were ever here... I believe WO-S may have been in class 3A in the pre-80's, which is now the 4A classification... they'll have to answer you on that one... I forget when the school even opened, something like '67 or '77, I forget...

8-3 playing a pretty tough schedule isn't anything to get down about... and even if it were, it'd mean that these guys have the guts to come back and talk highly of their program...

j_dog
06-26-2005, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
........It's makes the season more interesting, IMO, when there are several to "discuss" the upcoming games. Just my $.02. :)
I agree completely. It is even nicer when the "discussions" are light hearted, but informative. That is the nice thing about the WOS-Jasper rivalry. Each side respects the other totally, and there is a lot of good natured kidding and sometimes there is even some good info thrown in. :) :clap:

j_dog
06-26-2005, 11:37 AM
They came back? Wasn't aware that they were ever here... I believe WO-S may have been in class 3A in the pre-80's, which is now the 4A classification... ........
The WOS guys could better answer this, but yes both Orange Stark and West Orange were both in "3a", which is now "4a". Orange Stark dropped down in 1962 from the old "4a", and I think West Orange was never higher than the old "3a". When they consolidated the schools, the new school went to what is now "5a". So, it depends on how you look at it whether they "came back" to 3a.

Technically, the old "3a" bracket is now 4a", but in terms of enrollments, the present "3a" is somewhat similar to the "old 3a" back when Jasper went to "3a" from "2a" way back in 1960. I think the low end of the 3a cutoff then was 450 students. Jasper went into "3a" with something like 455 students. I don't know what the top range for 3a was then. I think it may have been around 1,200 students. The brackets have evolved over the years so comparisons can be somewhat misleading.

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:40 AM
HS fan knows nothing about us, Gobbla. We were never 3A in the past as West Orange-Stark. Our first year was 77 or 78.
We're certainly not ashamed of our records. We're embarrassed about the upset in the first round, but, other than that, we lost to a top 5 3A team by two and a top 5 4A team by 17.
Are you a Gainesville fan, HSFan?

j_dog
06-26-2005, 11:48 AM
And all you WOS guys, we love you at Jasper for taking the heat off us! :D the heat ain't off. nobody's forgot about you guys. just along way away. [/B][/QUOTE]

DC forgot about us! :D

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 02:50 PM

Are you a Gainesville fan, HSFan?

yes i am. i'm also not on here bragging about gaineville's past, even tho they have won a state championship more recently than WOS.

Old Tiger
06-26-2005, 02:51 PM
It's because WO-S is the greatest team to ever step on the football field!

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 02:52 PM
yes i am. i'm also not on here bragging about gaineville's past, even tho they have won a state championship more recently than WOS. You DON'T have the past history WOS has!! Ask any coach around the State about WOS.;)

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 02:52 PM
You DON'T have the past history WOS has!! Ask any coach around the State about WOS.;)

who cares about what happened 20 years ago.

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 02:55 PM
who cares about what happened 20 years ago. Just ask them! I bet Gainsville wouldn't have went to the 4A title game in 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 02:57 PM
Just ask them! I bet Gainsville wouldn't have went to the 4A title game in 2000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:

again, who cares about 2000, get in the present. you guys need to quit living in the past so much. i bet yall still think the Chicago Bears are awesome since the won they super bowl in the 80's

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 03:01 PM
again, who cares about 2000, get in the present. you guys need to quit living in the past so much. i bet yall still think the Chicago Bears are awesome since the won they super bowl in the 80's What are going to say if we win it this year????????????????????????;)

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 03:02 PM
What are going to say if we win it this year????????????????????????;)

you can say it all you want to when you win it. that's all everyone here is saying, win it first. is that to hard to undertand??

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 03:04 PM
you can say it all you want to when you win it. that's all everyone here is saying, win it first. is that to hard to undertand?? I'm just saying your fixing to see a State Championship team this year and anyone that knows WOS coaches and program knows it's just a matter of time. Yes we lost a fluke game last year in the first round but no more...;)

Old Tiger
06-26-2005, 03:06 PM
Lets just all drop the WO-S stuff they are the greatest team to ever step on the field and we can't argue!!!!

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 03:06 PM
I'm just saying your fixing to see a State Championship team this year and anyone that knows WOS coaches and program knows it's just a matter of time. Yes we lost a fluke game last year in the first round but no more...;)

then go win it this year and quit talking about it. i'm getting to the point where i hope yall do win it so yall can quit living in the past.

wos fan1, what year did you graduate from WOS??

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Lets just all drop the WO-S stuff theya re the greatest team to ever step on the field and we can't argue!!!! Thanks Tiger! :smoker:

Old Tiger
06-26-2005, 03:11 PM
That was sarcastic:clap:

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
That was sarcastic:clap: :weeping: Thought you were serious! :thinking:

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 03:15 PM
why won't you tell us what year you graduated from WOS?

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 03:15 PM
why won't you tell us what year you graduated from WOS? 95

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 03:17 PM

and it was from WOS right??

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 03:17 PM
and it was from WOS right?? Yes, do you want to know my sign to??:thinking:

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 03:18 PM
Yes, do you want to know my sign to??:thinking:

no, just the truth. i don't want someone that didn't graduate from there make everyone from there look bad.

Old Tiger
That'd be gay

mwynn05
wos fan 1 so how bad do you think WOS would beat SLC?

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 03:19 PM
no, just the truth. That is the truth! I'm done talking about our team now. We'll see come August!! :wave:

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 03:20 PM
That is the truth! I'm done talking about our team now. We'll see come August!! :wave:

August?? i thought the championship was in December.

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 03:22 PM
August?? i thought the championship was in December. August is when the season starts, December we'll be playing in the post season. Read your Dave Campbell on the front page of 3A. :cool:

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 03:23 PM
August is when the season starts, December we'll be playing in the post season. Read your Dave Campbell on the front page of 3A. :cool:

i don't waste my money on dave campbell.

mwynn05
06-26-2005, 03:23 PM
I doubt it will happen but im gonna laugh if WOS chokes again this year.

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by mwynn05
I doubt it will happen but im gonna laugh if WOS chokes again this year. Hopefully it won't!

mwynn05
06-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Will you shut up about WOS being the greatest team ever if they do?

WOS92
06-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Wosfan1: On behalf of the other Mustang fans on the board, I'll be the one to say it - Please stop.

HSfan: I'm glad your team won a title two years ago. However, we had a better year than you did last year with a more difficult schedule. We both lost three games. Ours were by a combined 21 points. Yours included some UGLY scores that made everyone gasp (and laugh). Shall we compare the respective shortfalls of our teams in 2004? In other words, your team seems to have plummeted pretty quickly from the ranks of "greatness," so don't go around assessing any other team's claims of "greatness." I seem to remember MUCH more Gainesville bragging than WO-S bragging on this board last year.

Mwynn: I would hate to see what SLC would do to us - especially last year's SLC team.

Everyone else: Most of us at WO-S don't have any ego swelling, but, if you were trying to keep us from getting too big-headed, it would probably be a better idea to NOT push every topic with our name in it to 7 pages! :cool:

Old Tiger
06-26-2005, 04:07 PM
McElroy will do a nice job replacing Chase Daniels from what I read on TPX he is showing out and getting the offers from all over!

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 06:44 PM

HSfan: I'm glad your team won a title two years ago. However, we had a better year than you did last year with a more difficult schedule. We both lost three games. Ours were by a combined 21 points. Yours included some UGLY scores that made everyone gasp (and laugh). Shall we compare the respective shortfalls of our teams in 2004? In other words, your team seems to have plummeted pretty quickly from the ranks of "greatness," so don't go around assessing any other team's claims of "greatness." I seem to remember MUCH more Gainesville bragging than WO-S bragging on this board last year.

you just don't get it. i'm not on here bragging about what gainesville did in the past. show me where i said that gainesville was great. you won't find it. if ya wanna talk about last year, gainesville atleast won a playoff game. what round did WOS lose in? all yall do is talk about the past. leave the past where it is. i'm for the here and now. can you not live in the present.

your said there was more bragging about gainesville last year, your crazy. there are 3 people from gainesville on here that post alot. there are alot more from WOS. there isn't one team in 3a that was bragging more than WOS after the realignment last year.

slpybear the bullfan
06-26-2005, 07:07 PM
This is the funniest thread I have had the chance to read in some time!

WOS fans on this thread, Don't sweat all of the attention. Or at least enjoy it. I have frequented many boards and there are PLENTY of schools that talk more trash than anyone from WOS has on this board. Being a high profile school will make you a lightning rod... take the bad with the good and enjoy the downlow. AND, every school is bound to have someone who gets online and writes checks their rear's cannot cash... most folks understand that.

Other posters on this thread? ...most are giving me quite a chuckle.

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 07:09 PM
slpybear, all everyone is asking is to quit bringing up what happened 20 years ago. we want to talk about the here and know, but for some reason we end up talking about who won the championship in the 80's. we're not asking for much, just for everyone to live in the present.

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2005, 07:14 PM
Everyone else: Most of us at WO-S don't have any ego swelling, but, if you were trying to keep us from getting too big-headed, it would probably be a better idea to NOT push every topic with our name in it to 7 pages! :cool:

ROFL! You crack me up. :clap: :clap:

WOS92
06-26-2005, 07:16 PM
Most credible posters on this site will tell you that WO-S posters were NOT bragging here after the realignment. There is one fan here who does some talking, but, other than that, you're making it up.

I do, however, enjoy the fact that you're putting so much effort into this thread. It's quite flattering.

Who cares if you won a playoff game last year? That's the past! Why live in the past? I'm not asking for much, just for everyone to live in the present.

Thanks slpybear and others!

GS#17
06-26-2005, 07:17 PM
HSFan, you're joking, right? Let me see if I'm following this and every other WOS thread correctly so far.

WOS fans say anything about the upcoming year, and they get peppered with "You all lost in the first round last year..." "That's what you all said last year..." "When was the last time your school did anything?" and so on. Hey, if you want to talk about the past to prove a point, don't go whining about WOS fans responding about what they've done in the past. If you want to talk about the future, give up this discussion, open your mind, and talk about why WOS will or won't do something this season based on what they have now.

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 07:20 PM

Who cares if you won a playoff game last year? That's the past! Why live in the past? I'm not asking for much, just for everyone to live in the present.

from here on out, let's see who brings up the past first.

HighSchool Fan
06-26-2005, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
HSFan, you're joking, right? Let me see if I'm following this and every other WOS thread correctly so far.

WOS fans say anything about the upcoming year, and they get peppered with "You all lost in the first round last year..." "That's what you all said last year..." "When was the last time your school did anything?" and so on. Hey, if you want to talk about the past to prove a point, don't go whining about WOS fans responding about what they've done in the past. If you want to talk about the future, give up this discussion, open your mind, and talk about why WOS will or won't do something this season based on what they have now.

i'm all for talking about the present, that's what most of everyone wants to do.

WOS92
06-26-2005, 07:24 PM
Sounds great! Now, how can we talk about the future in a positive way without sounding like we're "the greatest team on God's earth?"

Cat22
06-26-2005, 07:26 PM
Ok, I'll admit it. I hyped up WOS last year, just because I know their history and the type of program they have there. Most of the hype about them last year was from those who were not from WOS, but know what their program is all about. I was very surprised by their early exit last year and to be honest they could have probably beat us last year 100-0, but they showed their class and called off the dogs. I have met some very classy people from WOS and they are just very proud of their program as they should be. Any of us who has had the success they have would be just as proud.

WOS92
06-26-2005, 07:27 PM
all by hsfan

i'm all for talking about the present, that's what most of everyone wants to do.

gainesville atleast won a playoff game. what round did WOS lose in?

there isn't one team in 3a that was bragging more than WOS after the realignment last year

WOS92
06-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Most of the hype about them last year was from those who were not from WOS, but know what their program is all about.

Thanks!

WOS92
06-26-2005, 07:31 PM
Here's some news on the present: This topic is about to eclipse 8 pages, HSfan. If you are sick of hearing about us, you're only hurting yourself.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Here's some news on the present: This topic is about to eclipse 8 pages, HSfan. If you are sick of hearing about us, you're only hurting yourself.:thinking:

Better get after it then. The other one hit 10. ;)

BTW - I'm wondering if WO-S could beat the Kansas City Chiefs. :D Hmmmm, maybe I should see about bringing that thread back...funny stuff!

Old Tiger
06-26-2005, 07:51 PM
Go WO-S you are the shiznit!

AggieJohn
06-26-2005, 07:55 PM
all i know about WOS is that we used to call them "wuss" for short at the math team tourney

oh crap, i just realized i'm an idiot

WOS92
06-26-2005, 08:30 PM
huh huh... You competed in math...:nerd:

So members of the math team call other math teams "wusses?"

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
oh crap, i just realized i'm an idiot

Thank you! :D :p

Gobbla2001
06-26-2005, 09:15 PM
I have a tip for you WO-S fans:

Support TWO teams so that you have a better chance of having something to brag about...

GO Mustangs!!!

JHS_c/o_06'
06-26-2005, 09:18 PM
I have a tip for you WO-S fans:

Support TWO teams so that you have a better chance of having something to brag about...

GO Mustangs!!!

Or you can pull and Old Card and jump on the winning teams bandwaggon...:D :D :D

GS#17
06-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Okay, Gobbla, here's my list of 3A teams I'll be pulling for this year:

* WOS
* Jasper
* Cuero
* Orangefield
* Bridge City
* Huffman

One of those teams should make me proud this year, right? :)

Gobbla2001
06-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by GS#17
Okay, Gobbla, here's my list of 3A teams I'll be pulling for this year:

* WOS
* Jasper
* Cuero
* Orangefield
* Bridge City
* Huffman

One of those teams should make me proud this year, right? :)

Heck yah, now all you need is a signature... you can borrow part of mine?

WOS1
06-26-2005, 09:24 PM

So members of the math team call other math teams "wusses?"

ROFLMAO, now that is some funny stuff...

WOS1
06-26-2005, 09:25 PM
DANG! Looks like I missed ALL of the fun!!

WOS1
06-26-2005, 09:28 PM
wosfan1...... CHILL

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by WOS1
wosfan1...... CHILL UH?? Chill? :thinking:

WOS1
06-26-2005, 09:42 PM
UH?? Chill? :thinking:

Please...

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 09:42 PM
Please... Clean out your pm because I don't know what your talking about?? :rolleyes:

WOS1
06-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Ready now...

Bobkat
06-26-2005, 09:57 PM
West Orange-Stark who? That name doesn't ring a bell with me. Do they even have a football team...huh!!!

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 10:00 PM
Ready now... Still won't work...

WOS1
06-26-2005, 10:06 PM
Don't know then, I've deleted everything.

WOS92
06-26-2005, 10:08 PM
West Orange-Stark who? That name doesn't ring a bell with me. Do they even have a football team...huh!!!

Apparently, we haven't had a team since the 80s, kat!

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2005, 10:09 PM
Don't know then, I've deleted everything.

Did you change the # of days that were showing up?

Gobbla2001
06-26-2005, 10:10 PM
Apparently, we haven't had a team since the 80s, kat!

Yah, that means you guys are not allowed to come on here and defend the program you love when someone rags on it... so get on outta here and stop taking up other school's spotlights ;)

WOS92
06-26-2005, 10:11 PM
Dangit!

Ok, then :(

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... Screw it... We rule! ;)

(DISCLAIMER: The above statement was a semi-sarcastic, good-natured joke, not a boastful remark claiming superiority over the 3A classification, Southeast Texas Football, Texas Football, football of any other classification. This joke was not approved by the entire body of WO-S football fans nor fans of other "Mustang" mascotted teams.)

WOS1
06-26-2005, 10:15 PM
am i going to come on these boards and talk all this trash about how good we are going to be, no i am not. I would rather save my trash talking until after the game is won.

Oh would you??? Then why did you post this on another thread:

i assure you silsbee will have another GREAT season with the athletes they have coming back.

I smell a contradiction!:cool:

WOS1
06-26-2005, 10:17 PM
Did you change the # of days that were showing up?

uh... ????

WOS1
06-26-2005, 10:19 PM
Dangit!

Ok, then :(

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah... Screw it... We rule! ;)

(DISCLAIMER: The above statement was a semi-sarcastic, good-natured joke, not a boastful remark claiming superiority over the 3A classification, Southeast Texas Football, Texas Football, football of any other classification. This joke was not approved by the entire body of WO-S football fans nor fans of other "Mustang" mascotted teams.)

LOL

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2005, 10:19 PM
uh... ????

When you go to your pm's, at the top left there's a drop down that says "show messages from XXX days". If you leave it at 2, you will only see them. Try extending to 5 or 10 and see if that helps. :)

WOS1
06-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Didn't work...:doh:

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2005, 10:23 PM
Didn't work...:doh:

Then try your "sent" folder.

JHS_c/o_06'
06-26-2005, 10:23 PM
I smell a....we need to lock this thread because people are only gonna end up getting pissed at each other...

WOS92
06-26-2005, 10:25 PM
Sorry, but all WO-S-titled threads MUST reach 10 pages.

:devil:

WOS1
06-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
I smell a....we need to lock this thread because people are only gonna end up getting pissed at each other...

Oh, sorry, is that "the words we do not speak of" or something? He contradicted himself, I didn't.:D

Hupernikomen
06-26-2005, 10:36 PM
yes i am. i'm also not on here bragging about gaineville's past, even tho they have won a state championship more recently than WOS.

Seems to me about all you do is try to aggravate people.

WOS1
06-26-2005, 10:36 PM
Then try your "sent" folder.

I think that did it, THANKS!!!

wosfan1- I'm all clear.

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 10:40 PM
I think that did it, THANKS!!!

wosfan1- I'm all clear. It worked...:clap:

JHS_c/o_06'
06-26-2005, 10:41 PM
I'm with hup on this one.....

it was fun at first....i even joined in.....now.....its annoying....and people are going to start yelling and actually getting mad instead of playing around.

WOS1
06-26-2005, 10:45 PM
I think it's settled down now.:inlove:

wos fan1
06-26-2005, 10:46 PM

it was fun at first....i even joined in.....now.....its annoying....and people are going to start yelling and actually getting mad instead of playing around. I think this thread should be killed..you're right...

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2005, 10:46 PM

it was fun at first....i even joined in.....now.....its annoying....and people are going to start yelling and actually getting mad instead of playing around.

Actually, my perspective is the opposite. There seemed to be more upset folks at the start, now it seems more joking.

We're watching the thread. If it goes way south, it'll be closed.

WOS92
06-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Heck, I'm having fun :D

WOS1
06-26-2005, 10:51 PM
So what's the current record for pages on a WO-S thread? Didn't a couple last year go about 15 or so? I remember the "History of WO-S loaded with controversy" essay by Old Cuss was pretty lengthy.

WOS92
06-26-2005, 10:57 PM
Amazing what a team that isn't worthy of attention can stir up, isn't it WOS1?

WOS1
06-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Amazing what a team that isn't worthy of attention can stir up, isn't it WOS1?

Just amazing....:eek:

j_dog
06-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Just amazing....:eek:
just wondering if i post now if it will go to 11 pages! :D

j_dog
06-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
just wondering if i post now if it will go to 11 pages! :D
dern it, it didn't work! :D

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:27 PM
Not quite...

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:28 PM
YES!!!:D

AggieJohn
06-26-2005, 11:28 PM
from here on out, let's see who brings up the past first.

Highschool fan remember that time that me and you.....

dang i lost

WOS1
06-26-2005, 11:36 PM
Well, it's official. This is the longest WO-S post of 2005 at 11 pages and counting. Second place is the "WO-S gets a big transfer" from yesterday at 10 pages. It's still early though, if the AP comes out with us ranked to high OR a WO-S fan posts the AP pole that has us to high, we're sure to break this record.

You know, I just realized the "at work" posters haven't seen this yet. We're probably good for 2 more pages. :D

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:39 PM
You know what might help? Some posts for the sake of posting.

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:40 PM
But I'd hate to do that.

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:40 PM
Unless, of course, I had something legitimate to say.

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:41 PM
I'll have to think about it. I won't post just to boost the number of postes.

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:42 PM
Oops... I meant "posts."

:D

AggieJohn
06-26-2005, 11:42 PM
is someone just trying to get their user title to varisty

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:43 PM
Of course not...

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:44 PM
I'd never do such a thing.

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:44 PM
Ever...

j_dog
06-26-2005, 11:47 PM
YES!!!:D
Congratulations! :clap: A new record! ;)

WOS92
06-26-2005, 11:54 PM
Thanks!

and counting...

AggieJohn
06-27-2005, 12:07 AM
well i can't say i've never done it....a.k.a. word association

WOS92
06-27-2005, 12:09 AM
12!

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 06:10 AM
all by hsfan

your pretty good at taking thinkgs out of context.

you brought up gainesville and wos teams from last year, i was just answering your question. can someone not anwer your questions?? you make it easy for people not to like WOS. yall need some more people there like WOS1. he's a class act.

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Seems to me about all you do is try to aggravate people.

thanks for your 2 cents :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

spiveyrat
06-27-2005, 07:33 AM

It certainly wasn't spelling! ;) :D

spiveyrat
06-27-2005, 07:44 AM
BTW, good to see all you WOS'ers again. I thought ya'll got chased off after last year.

I'll have to admit... I was one who was expecting WOS to win it all last year too... and I might have even boasted a little. :eek: ;) I'll be pulling for you guys again. Except in week 0. :)

GUNHO
06-27-2005, 08:20 AM
Man, go out of town one time and miss it all.Shoot, we don't get this much attention on our on board.:D

WOS92
06-27-2005, 09:00 AM
We can't all live up to your classy example, HSfan.

Thanks to most everyone else for your support - of our posters, not our team ;)

WOS92
06-27-2005, 09:05 AM
I'll have to admit... I was one who was expecting WOS to win it all last year too... and I might have even boasted a little.

We apparently boasted TONS during some unconscious trance. I can't seem to find it in my history, but...

WOS92
06-27-2005, 09:30 AM
I found one of my first-ever posts. Look how cocky I was when we dropped!

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16701

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 09:39 AM
We can't all live up to your classy example, HSfan.

Thanks to most everyone else for your support - of our posters, not our team ;)

there you go again. show me where i said i was a classy poster. i'm just here to have some fun. i said you should be more like WOS1, he's a class act.

WOS92
06-27-2005, 09:45 AM
Dude... So you're just having fun, but I should have class? I'm here to have fun too.

If you hate seeing us get so much attention, then why are you pushing this thread? It should hit 13 pages any minute! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

BullFrog Dad
06-27-2005, 10:02 AM
You know what started all the anti-WOS sentiment on this board? It wasn't the WOS posters trash talking because they didn't. They seem like a class act. The fire got really started when the WOS head coach said something to the effect that when you drop down a classification you don't face teams that are as deep in talent due to the enrollment #s which is true. This is an interesting thread.

WOS92
06-27-2005, 10:03 AM
It wasn't the WOS posters trash talking because they didn't.

hehe... Thanks.

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 10:06 AM
Dude... So you're just having fun, but I should have class? I'm here to have fun too.

If you hate seeing us get so much attention, then why are you pushing this thread? It should hit 13 pages any minute! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

i don't care who gets the attention or how many threads a team gets. i'm glad your here to have fun, don't get so riled up if your here just for fun.

WOS92
06-27-2005, 10:10 AM
I'm not riled up :cool:

... and it's "you're" ...

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 10:11 AM

... and it's "you're" ...

and the point is???

WOS92
06-27-2005, 11:09 AM
The point is that "your" and "you're" have completely different meanings. It will help when you write something that needs to be properly written. Just a tip.

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 11:16 AM
The point is that "your" and "you're" have completely different meanings. It will help when you write something that needs to be properly written. Just a tip.

not everyone is perfect like you

WOS92
06-27-2005, 11:23 AM
I've never claimed to be perfect. I'm ok. You're ok. We're all ok.

Let's all have a big hug.

I just figured since you're having fun antagonizing, I'd do a bit of the same. If you have no reason to post but to stir things up, you've got to expect it.

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 11:33 AM
I've never claimed to be perfect. I'm ok. You're ok. We're all ok.

I just figured since you're having fun antagonizing, I'd do a bit of the same. If you have no reason to post but to stir things up, you've got to expect it.

i can take it don't worry about that. if i couldn't take it, i would of been gone a long time ago. i don't cared how it's spelled. i just care if someone kan read it.

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2005, 11:35 AM

http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/comehere.gif

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 11:37 AM
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/comehere.gif

i'll hug you LHPM, but i ain't hugging no guys :D

LH Panther Mom
06-27-2005, 11:40 AM
i'll hug you LHPM, but i ain't hugging no guys :D

Just be glad it was a "hug" instead of "kiss & make up". :p :D

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 11:45 AM
Just be glad it was a "hug" instead of "kiss & make up". :p :D

i said i'd give ya a hug, i'm fixin to change that to a whoopin :D

Ranger Mom
06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Children!!!

Don't make me come in here!!

HighSchool Fan
06-27-2005, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Children!!!

Don't make me come in here!!

we've been missin ya, this is the only way to get you here :D

WOS1
06-27-2005, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
You know what started all the anti-WOS sentiment on this board? It wasn't the WOS posters trash talking because they didn't. They seem like a class act. The fire got really started when the WOS head coach said something to the effect that when you drop down a classification you don't face teams that are as deep in talent due to the enrollment #s which is true. This is an interesting thread.

You're right!! I forgot about that.

That Sans Couth dude posted what Hooks said in DCTF here and said we were taking 3A for granted and all hell broke loose.

GS#17
06-27-2005, 10:43 PM
If I remember correctly, the quote was taken out of context to stir up the pot on this website. Either way, what's done is done, and people have their feelings, good or bad, about WOS and I doubt those feelings will change anytime soon.