PDA

View Full Version : sinton fans

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 06:51 PM
i'm watching the cws and a guy from your school started for ut. that's something to be proud of, but then they gave a stat that he was 48-1 in high school. did ya'll get any state champs out of this record and who was the one team that he lost to. that is truly amazing.

BHBrave08
06-25-2005, 06:55 PM
thats pretty cool!

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 08:41 PM
maybe later some sinton fans will be on here, but as of now the guy has a shutout and texas is looking good for game one.

OnceABucJr
06-25-2005, 09:01 PM
In Adrian's 4 years at Sinton they won one state 3A baseball championship and lost in the finals the following year 3-2. Just to get to the championship game Adrian had to pitch the semi-final game each year and didn't get to pitch in the championship game in either. I don't have his specific stats but he was also the best hitter on the team and he hit a homerun at Mathis one night that went "over" the outfield lights.

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 09:10 PM
just finished watching the game tonight. he definately "got er done" is this guy a freshman?

jason
06-25-2005, 09:44 PM
he's a red-shirt freshman

he pitched a no hitter against OU earlier this season...

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by jason
Yes was he drafted cause he's one bad dude. i'd still like to know who his one lone loss was to.

PhiI C
06-25-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
was he drafted cause he's one bad dude. i'd still like to know who his one lone loss was to.

He is a red shirt freshman. He wasn't drafted even though the pros gave it some thought. A lot of them are probably feeling silly they didn't go for him. I am not sure who the one loss was too. I think it might have been a 5A Corpus Christi School (King High School) but I am not sure.

jason
06-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by PhiI C
He wasn't drafted even though the pros gave it some thought. A lot of them are probably feeling silly they didn't go for him. actually, if you go to college you're not eligible to be drafted until after your junior year....

MLB draft eligibility (http://www.detnews.com/2005/tigers/0506/26/C08-220291.htm)

GOFOR2
06-26-2005, 09:49 AM
I believe he did not get drafted out of high school because he had already committed to UT and was adamant about attending college.

sinton66
06-26-2005, 09:54 AM
I don't remember who the one loss was to either, I know it was his Freshman year in high school, and I've heard several people say they didn't think he deserved to take that loss. The runs that won shouldn't have been scored against him or something like that. Not having seen that game personally, it's been way too long ago to remember specific details.

And, while he was a great hitter, he wasn't the best batter on the team. Although Adrian finished his senior year batting .460, Chance Schmidt was hitting like .508(something a little over .500 anyway). The two championship games we were in sported a Sinton team with at least 5 hitting over .400.

Adrian was approached by a couple of pro organizations. They met with him and his parents to see if he was draftable. The answer was unless they were talking life altering money, he was going to Texas on a full ride. I believe that he will be able to duplicate what he did for Sinton at UT. Look for this young man to become UT's "Ace" in the near future.

gobbler grad
06-26-2005, 10:03 AM
Sinton Fans --Be Proud...great game last night...Alaniz pitched one heck of a game...congrats to the Longhorns...:cheerl:

Phil C
06-26-2005, 11:17 AM
I don't know about the MLB rules but there was talk around town that he might be drafted and they were watching the draft while he was pitching at the State Championship playoffs in Austin his senior year.

Old Tiger
06-26-2005, 12:01 PM
And he did a heck of a job

District303aPastPlayer
06-27-2005, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I don't know about the MLB rules but there was talk around town that he might be drafted and they were watching the draft while he was pitching at the State Championship playoffs in Austin his senior year.

i believe i remember hearing about him recieving a private try out for the Royals. Im not sure though. But i do remember he hit in the mid 90s being clocked in practice.