PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport or Kennedale?

Texas11
11-03-2002, 07:27 PM
Who do you think will win and why?

Texas11
11-03-2002, 07:29 PM
That is if they end up playing each other in the first round of the playoffs

Matthew328
11-03-2002, 07:47 PM
It is set in stone that these 2 will play...barring a forefit or something...I am gonna ahve to pick Kennedale in this one..

eye of the tiger
11-03-2002, 08:08 PM
I didnt believe in Bridgeport last year, but by the playoffs they were a solid team and kept on winning. I think it will happen again this year. I'll take Bridgeport. It definately should be a good game worth seeing.

hotstuff
11-03-2002, 08:21 PM
Kennedale has won some game very decisively. Kennedale 23, Bridgeport 13

KTownBalla
11-03-2002, 08:48 PM
I pick Kennedale, last year Bridgeport barely won. Kennedale was up 28-7 in the 2nd Half. Then we just got lazy cause we were really confident. This year it won't happen. We proved we can stop the pass. Kennedale - 49 Bridgeport 21

Texas11
11-03-2002, 09:14 PM
If you were refering to the glen rose game, ktown balla, I should remind you that the field was probably wet.

Texas11
11-03-2002, 09:38 PM
Also I dont think Glen Rose is a very good passing team

leopards03
11-03-2002, 10:33 PM
I pick bridgeport 21 to 7...Kenndale has NO DEFENSE...

The One
11-03-2002, 10:51 PM
Matthew,

This game is not set in stone yet, but unless Bridgeport or Decatur lose this week then yes we will see a great matchup in round 1.

I am by no means ready to say who will win this one. I do know Kennedale will come out fired up to revenge last years loss, and I know Bridgeport is capable of winning, what will happen? I guess I will wait for another week to post!

bigbullbacker
11-03-2002, 11:15 PM
I agree with One, it looks to be a heck of a matchup if and when these two teams meet.Kennedale is the one of the top teams in
the state.They have certainly earned this writer and I believe the Bulls respect. I'll hold my prediction until later. We still have one more game to play before we can take the next step.
Good luck to Kennedale this week and as always
GO BULLS

cts76325i@skool
11-04-2002, 10:45 AM
i see a shoot out here. both teams have great offenses with mediocre defense. this one is reminiscent of the decatur game. i see the cats by 12

repeat2002
11-04-2002, 10:46 AM
A few things have to be considered in this suspected contest to take place next week. First of all, Bridgeport has to win this week to insure the chance to play Kennedale. If the Bulls lose to Sanger and LD beats Decatur, the Bulls are out. Fat chance that either of thiose are going to happen, so we'll do the the predicting. I really think you can slow down the Bulls attack fo r a couple of reasons. First, their running game is very suspect. It is not nearly what it was last year and that can create some problems in the play-offs. Secondly. B'port doesn't have but one major receiver threat in Krebs. Nichols and the rest disappear in the bigger games. Their outside receiver threat graduated which took a lot of pressure off of Krebs, but you better get him off of his routes early or he'll kill you. Thirdly, Kennedale's team speed is going to show up big time in this game with threats at too many different spots offensively. Finally, the Kennedale coaching staff has to have learned a great deal from last year's collapse and doubt it will happen again. Kennedale 45 Bridgeport 36 - if B'port can keep up, if not it could be worse.

RBMorris21
11-04-2002, 12:19 PM
I don't think that Kennedale has seen as good a passing offense as Bridgeport. I don't know about the speed of Bridgeport but I do know that Kennedale is very fast, but Im gonna go with Bridgeport. I think will be really close.

Old Cardinal
11-04-2002, 01:09 PM
Looking at the big picture, I think Kennedale will walk all over Bridgeport- and a lot of other people!

pighead
11-04-2002, 02:20 PM
bullbacker: how is the kid from I.P. working out? Is he going to make a hand for the bulls in the playoffs?

The One
11-04-2002, 10:27 PM
#1, Repeat what if Bridgeport throws the game this week and loses to Sanger. Then Bridgeport, and Sanger would advance and Decatur would go Div.1. Now there is not much chance of that, but you never know!

Pig, The new kid looks very good! I seen him last week on JV and he is an impact player, now the talent level on varsity is a big difference! This week against Sanger will be his first week on Varsity. If he is as good as he was on JV then its an immediate upgrade on D. This with the return of a couple defensive starters we've been without really should make our D much better then in past weeks, Just in time for the Playoffs!

MASH4077
11-04-2002, 10:40 PM
Decatur is Div.2 no matter what happens Fri. They have already set their Bi-District game with G.L. for Fri./15th at Southlake.

The One
11-04-2002, 10:46 PM
Mash, that is incorrect. There is a scenerio that if Sanger beats Bridgeport then Bridgeport, Sanger and Lake Dallas would all be tied for 2nd place. If this occurs then based on the point system Bridgeport and Sanger would advance. This would make Decatur the D1 school out of the 3. Now Mash dont get me wrong I am not saying Bridgeport would throw the game, would they?

leopards03
11-04-2002, 11:01 PM
Alright i have said somethings bout kennedale that i still think are true...kennedale has a very good offense and as everyone has said there defense has came around...but i still think if they run into a very good defense it will not look good for them...kennedale can play some ball but can there defense keep them in games...

MASH4077
11-04-2002, 11:04 PM
I cant see Henson laying down for anybody,because he is not afraid to play anyone.

The One
11-04-2002, 11:08 PM
I cant either as I am sure they would rather play Kennedale in round 1 rather in the regional final. I am also sure they would not want to see Decatur have to play Everman in round 1 either.

<small>[ November 04, 2002, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: The One ]</small>

footballfan21
11-04-2002, 11:12 PM
I havnt really seen Bridgeport play but I have seen Kennedale so Im going with Kennedale, good luck to both teams,

MASH4077
11-04-2002, 11:27 PM
I am going to ask for some honesty out of you,Do you think B'port would beat Decatur if they played again? I Don't because Decatur has more athletes on the field with more speed,and as in the first game the would shadow Krebs and make somebody else step up for the bulls.

bigbullbacker
11-04-2002, 11:48 PM
hEY onE mAsH sOuNdS lIkE eGrEtBoY.I think B'port would probably win against Decatur and will if both r lucky enough to meet each other down the road.

wildcat834
11-04-2002, 11:51 PM
I personally would love to see Bridgeport throw the game against Sanger. I think it sucks that two of the best teams in the region have to play in the first round.

The One
11-04-2002, 11:53 PM
Truly honest here Mash, without a doubt if they meet again in the playoffs Bridgeport wins that game by 14 barring rain. That is being very honest. There is no way Decatur beats them again. I am going to be honest I was a little impressed with Decatur not so much at how good they are now but how good they will be in two years. Not to take anything away from Decatur they do have atheletes but Bridgeport beat themselves in that game, and it is proving costly now with a tough first round matchup. Decatur needs to take this playoff year to gain experience because it looks as if they are going to have two solid years to make a run!

MASH4077
11-04-2002, 11:58 PM
Not much of an answer,and this is not egret boy. As you may have noticed I have not used any childish namecalling such as egrit boy.

wildcat834
11-05-2002, 12:02 AM
How do you think Daugherity will play, if it is raining and freezing, it makes passing difficult. What happens to Bridgeport then.

The One
11-05-2002, 12:08 AM
I didnt call you Egret Boy and I dont think your Eaglesrules. I also thought I answered your question while paying Decatur respect, after all they are the district champions.

wilcat, Look at the Decatur game, it was a monsoon and we didn't look good. It pretty much shut down the passing game in fact Daughtery rushed for 100 yds in that game if that tells you anything. This past friday night was the coldest game we have played in this year and Daughtery passed for 346yds, also had some rain mixed in there. We will definatley be praying for dry weather not concerned with the temp!

MASH4077
11-05-2002, 12:14 AM
apreciate the honesty,but we'll have to agree to disagree on the outcome of a rematch,but I hope it happens just for the pure fun and atmosphere it would create. Good luck and we'll see you in about 3-4 weeks.

wildcat834
11-05-2002, 12:26 AM
If it is raining, and stopping Daughtery from running is all Kennedale has to be worried about, then Bridgeport is in bad shape, cause there is no way that they can slow Kennedale offense.

MASH4077
11-05-2002, 12:30 AM
Hey wildcat834, How did yall lose your first game?

The One
11-05-2002, 12:34 AM
Dont be so sure there wildcat, I agree our defense has been in bad shape but we have had some key injuries. This Friday we should have 4 new starters back on D and it will be a little bit different story. At the beggining of the year our defense was much improved from last year and then week 3 came and we got hit with the injury bug. Well there back now just in time for the playoffs and just in time to stop Kennedale!

repeat2002
11-05-2002, 12:45 PM
Mr One
I am a little miffed as to why you feel that a dry field would make a 26 point difference v Decatur? I understand that B'port is a passing team and the rain is not good for that. However, I have seen Decatur play and they look to be a passing team also. They just seem to have a running game to go with it. Why would a dry field make 26 points difference? Is not Decatur pretty good? Could it be that the defensive game plan to stop the Bulls was pretty good? I know that both teams had turnovers in the game, but that is part of the game. Usually the team that makes the least mistakes, wins. No matter the conditions. I also understand that everyone has his loyalties and ideas about predicting games, but give me a break. Bridgeport is not going to beat Decatur by 26 points on any field this year. Both teams have wonderful offenses and they are a lot of fun to watch for the fans. A whole lot more fun thatn three yards and a cloud of dust. Good luck to both teams in the play-offs. Maybe we will get to see them play again. however there are some teams out there that might have something to say about that (Kennedale, Perryton, Canyon, Sweetwater, Greenwood, just to name a few)

The One
11-05-2002, 01:14 PM
Repeat, if you were at that game and sit there and say that rain didnt play in that loss then you may need to watch a few more Bridgeport games. I am the first to point out that Decatur has a good team and that Bridgeport got outcoached. If you think a seasoned playoff coaching staff and playoff team would allow that to happen again in a regional final then Deactur better try to learn some stuff in this playoff run of theirs or it might be shortend. Truth is if these two teams played played 10 times Bridgeport would win 6 or 7 times. Decatur had a good game plan and the Bulls didn't. Trust me if someone has to end yalls streak their is not a team that wants that opportunity worse then Bridgeport. Guess we will have to see how the brackets fall.

Texas11
11-05-2002, 01:51 PM
Kennedale has some really good defensive backs. They also will be looking to revenge the loss they suffered last year. No matter what happens it is still going to be one hell of a game.

repeat2002
11-05-2002, 03:19 PM
Mr One
I did not say that the rain was not a factor. Why would Decatur not have played better in the dry? Maybe Bridgeport does beat Decatur 6 or 7 out of 10 times. We'll never know the answer to that question will we. I just don't see a 26 point turn around. I think if both teams are fortunate enough to return to a rematch in the Regional Final, it would create a tremendous game. How do you feel that Bridgeport's game plan will be changed? How was a"play-off seasoned coaching staff" outcoached? They just got outplayed offensively and defensively. I don't see their game plan changing. It had rained all week. How can you not prepare for it? They prepared for it, thay just didn't have the horses that night.

repeat2002
11-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Mr One
I don't think I ever said the rain wasn't a factor in the first meeting. I just don't see a 26 point turn around in a second meeting if both schools should be so fortunate. I don't understand why Bridgeport is going to play so much better a second time. What's to say that Decatur will not play a lot better the second time. Why do you feel that your "play-off seasoned coaching staff" was outcoached? Didn't it rain all week prior to the game or at least the weather reports I saw were predicting rain for that night. I'm pretty sure that a coaching staff, with all their play-off experience, would have been prepared for the rain. Decatur just outplayed Bridgeport offensively and defensively. Rain or shine, if they play again, it will be another good game. Bridgeport may win 6 or 7 out 10. The only problem with that theory is that they will only play one more of those ten and I'll take my chances with Decatur to win the second of their 2 or 3 before Bridgeport gets their first out of 6 or 7. Good Luck with Kennedale!

BportFan
11-05-2002, 10:15 PM
My gut feeling is that Bridgeport will struggle to stop Kennedale's running game. The Bridgeport defense has not proved that they can make critical stops in games. I have seen them give up big yaradge on too many critical 3rd & 4th down conversions. I think Bridgeport will be able to score some points and move the ball. Bridgeport's offense has done the big flop against two good teams. Will they do against another good team? I think they will come out and play up to their potential and I am sure Kennedale will do the same. How many close games has Kennedale played in this year? I think one. Their big win over Everman. I am going to go with Bridgeport but by a very small margin.

Bridgeport 32
Kennedale 30

MASH4077
11-05-2002, 10:36 PM
Bportfan, I agree that the bulls can win this game,but they will have to play flawlessly.If the play their best game of the year they can do it! good luck and dont drop any passes!

BportFan
11-05-2002, 10:41 PM
You said it MASH! The key for Bridgeport is execution. Do they have to play flawlessly? I do not think so. Their defense will have to step up though.

slpybear the bullfan
11-05-2002, 10:48 PM
Hi all,

I am enjoying the talk about Bulls vs. Kennedale. I will join in some after this Friday's game and we get everything finalized for our meeting.

I know it is a really long shot that it won't work out, but first we have to take care of business and make sure the Bport Kennedale matchup is set up.

Looking forward to talking this up, it should be a great matchup!

Get 'em Bulls!!!

wildcat834
11-05-2002, 11:19 PM
I disagree with all of you, Kennedale should be able to win this game. They have three good running backs that can take it the distance. They have one of the best receivers in 3A, and An All State Tight End. There line however is a little weak!! Bridgeport does have a great passing game, but Kennedales defense is much better than last year. The secondary has some of the best atheletes on the team. Kennedale does have a hard time pressuring the quarterback though, so the secondary will have to be on top of their game. It will be a great game, but I expect the outcome to be different this year.

Kennedale: 41
Bridgeport: 28

KennedaleWildcat
11-06-2002, 07:45 PM
Ok I recorded that game last year in the endzone. I saw some bad ref calls ( i know there is always a lot of those in EVERY game) im talkin the refs mmissed big clips etc.. The game was soooooo close 1 yard wouldve changed the outcome... My guess is 35 K. -8 B. Go WILDCATS

Texas11
11-06-2002, 07:47 PM
Well I believe Bridgeport is going to lose. Lately Ive seen Kennedale's defensive backfield and I believe they can hold brigeports passing game. But whatever happens it will be a great game.

this is the way we ball
11-07-2002, 03:33 PM
I played for Iowa Park last year as an 8th grader, and I don't remember a stud that moved to Bridgeport. What is this guys name?

The One
11-08-2002, 11:10 AM
We are still awaiting his first varsity appearance tonite before we call him a stud but he looked very good on JV. His name is Corey Bosely, not sure if the spelling is correct. Have you ever heard of him?

fwisd
11-08-2002, 12:08 PM
Bridgeport defensive players back should make a difference. And, new player may have an impact, too. I think Bridgeport will win, but it may be close. Cubs.

bigbullbacker
11-08-2002, 05:48 PM
KennedaleWildcat:
Ok I recorded that game last year in the endzone. I saw some bad ref calls ( i know there is always a lot of those in EVERY game) im talkin the refs mmissed big clips etc.. The game was soooooo close 1 yard wouldve changed the outcome... My guess is 35 K. -8 B. Go WILDCATSI agree the ref's did let yall get away with a few but hey thats football. All kidding aside both sides had about the same amount of calls go against them...I will wait till after week ten to comment on round one!

KTownBalla
11-08-2002, 11:53 PM
Kennedale has some of the fastest and strongest DB. Rex is very quick, and so is Jason. Our defense can come up big in tight situations, just like against Everman. We stopped them on a couple crucial 4th and 1 possesions. Even though our secondary may get burned, B'Port has no chance against out run game. If anyone remembers last year, KENNEDALE WAS UP 21-7 at half-time. Then we got lazy, and basically gave the game away. B'Port didn't make a run until the 4th quarter, where we totally just gave up.

Kennedale 42 Bridgeport 21

KTownBalla
11-08-2002, 11:54 PM
Kennedale has some of the fastest and strongest DB. Rex is very quick, and so is Jason. Our defense can come up big in tight situations, just like against Everman. We stopped them on a couple crucial 4th and 1 possesions. Even though our secondary may get burned, B'Port has no chance against out run game. If anyone remembers last year, KENNEDALE WAS UP 21-7 at half-time. Then we got lazy, and basically gave the game away. B'Port didn't make a run until the 4th quarter, where we totally just gave up.

Kennedale 42 Bridgeport 21

The One
11-09-2002, 12:05 AM
I noticed Rex Harper only carried the ball 1 time tonite. Was he injured?

BportFan
11-09-2002, 01:09 AM
At first I thought Bridgeport might have a chance to win this game, but I do not think they have a chance after Bridgeports performance tonight. They will not be able to stop Kennedale's rushing offense. I am not giving up on the Bulls. I am just being realistic.

Kennedale 56
Bridgeport 35

The One
11-09-2002, 10:37 AM
Well I as well will not give up on the Bulls, I will be there when the final tick clicks off the clock.

I can't however predict another team to beat the Bulls. So since I am a realistic man I will not be making a prediction in this game!

Go Bulls!

bleedgreen
11-09-2002, 04:49 PM
I arrived at the Vincent Tucker exhibition game in the 4th quarter. Rex Harper was smiling from the sidelines with ice on his right knee. I don't know what happened but I'm guessing a deep bruise. He should recuperate for Friday. In the meantime Rocky Smith picked up the slack.

For all who question that one loss to Crandall, remember.... that was Bryan Barrett's first game as quarterback. He has since settled in as a player that doesn't make many mistakes.

As for the Sanger game.....what happened? Is Bridgeport sand bagging or what?

<small>[ November 09, 2002, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: bleedgreen ]</small>

BullsFan
11-09-2002, 04:53 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by sand bagging, but basically, we're playing like crap. This year seems like a complete reverse of last year. Last year, we struggled early and got better and better as the year progressed. This year, we came out of the gates strong, and now we're barely limping into the playoffs.

If we can't play better than we did last night, we don't deserve to beat anyone. And we won't beat Kennedale.

eighterman
11-09-2002, 05:20 PM
Did I miss something One, or did Decatur not play in the same monsoon, and if I remember we did not have any trouble passing or running the football. I know i don't remember the moon coming out when we had the ball and it start raining when the Bulls had the ball. That game is over and I wish both teams great success in the playoffs. If they do meet again that would be great for our district. Good luck against Kennedale and good luck to Decatur against Glen Rose

KTownBalla
11-10-2002, 02:42 AM
Kennedale will win...We will not go home early this year. This year we have more talent, skill, speed, and strenght. Last year we should not have lost, it will not happen again this year. We will make it to the State Semi-finals at least...

Kennedale 42
Bridgeport 21

DirtyD05
11-10-2002, 02:19 PM
THIS YEAR WE WE NOTICED THE MISTAKES WE MADE LAST YEAR AND I GARUNTEE WE WILL COME OUT ON TOP. WHEN IT IS ALL AND OVER WITH WE WILL COME OUT WITH THE "W". BRIDGEPORT IS NOT FAST ENOUGH TO KEEP UP WITH US AND WHO EVER SAY OUR DEFENSE IS WEAK YOUR OUT OF YOUR YOUR MIND.AND OUR SECONDARY IS MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS LAST YEAR.ALL I GOT TO SAY IS BRING IT.

DEChildress17
11-10-2002, 03:10 PM
Hey to all you Kennedale fans and players.....I have a question for you. I want to know why you guys didn't BLOW OUT Glen Rose? The stats for Glen Rose look like they didnt do much. I just want to know why ya'll only put up 24 points on them. I play for Castleberry and we put up 41 points on them but we lost, and i figured you guys would have put up 50+.

Wildcat2004
11-10-2002, 06:54 PM
That Friday night it poured the whole game in Glen Rose. Our backs couldnt cut because the ground was soaked. On top of that our starters had not played a full game in 3 weeks.

KTownBalla
11-10-2002, 07:03 PM
Exactly what Wildcat 2004 said. In a soaked field, how r you supposed to cut. I could barely walk out there much less run. Rex can't run and cut at full speed, if he did, he would busted his butt. Yes, we will beat Bridgeport. As stated, our defensive backs our much improved over last year. They were slow last year, we have speed now. Barrett should be throwing the ball this week too...hopefully. Hope u can catch 27!!!

Kennedale-42
Bridgeport-21

DEChildress17
11-10-2002, 08:49 PM
Bridgeport:44
Kennedale:20

bigbullbacker
11-10-2002, 09:32 PM
I think I like u DE. LOL

Texas11
11-12-2002, 12:04 AM
Kennedale has what it takes to beat bridgeport. A talented backfield and a motive. Alot of points will be scored. Expect Kennedale to start early and not stop until the end. However, Brigeport is capable of coming back, if down in the game, as they did last year. If kennedale stops the pass bridgeport doesnt stand a chance. If bridgport stops the run, expect a long night for kennedale.

phoenix
11-13-2002, 12:06 AM
Some of you are writing off Bridgeport too soon. Kennedale just may have to dust off their basketball shoes sooner than they think. I hope not, but my prediction.

Kennedale 48 Bridgeport 42

evebulldog01
11-13-2002, 10:59 AM
You know Kennedale beats Everman and all of a sudden you would think they were gods gift to the world and that eveyone should lay down and kiss their feet. Crap why don't we go ahead and hand you guys the state title rings afterall your so great. I have been holding off on predictions but I'm going to say Kennedlae is out of the playoffs by the end of round three at the latest. your far to cocky, arrogant, and showy. Exactly how Everman came into the Kennedale game. We know what the ressult of that one was.

Kennedale Wildcats
11-13-2002, 11:17 AM
It's just confidence Eve, don't be such a prick.

I can guarantee that Kennedale is not even thinking about round 3 or state.. They are thinking about Bridgeport.

Bridgeport has the ability to beat anybody in the state... and yes eve that includes Everman.

Wildcat2004
11-13-2002, 11:31 AM
considering you dont even know the Kennedale Football team

evebulldog01
11-13-2002, 05:28 PM
Look I was just trying to state my opinion. Several of the posters on here seem to think that Kenedale already has the state championship sown up. I would disagree with this idea. You don't think I don't know anyone can loose on any given night i think I found that one out in week four. Unfortunately I have been reminded about that on a constant basis. It's gotten to the point now where several faculty members from Everman can't even go out in public without having someone from Kennedale rub in the fact that they beat us. The game happened almost seven weeks ago now. I think its time to move on. It appears that your coaches and players have moved on and for that I'm very grateful. I know your football team a little better than you might think.

evebulldog01
11-13-2002, 05:32 PM
By the way to all kennedale players I hope you prove me wrong about being out by round three I would like to see you guys win a state title. Believe me when I say this we can hate each other all we want during the regular season but now its playoff time and we should be supporting each other. It would be great to have a sweep by District 8-3A but like you have said its time to start thinking one game at a time.

KTownBalla
11-13-2002, 07:29 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself bulldog. Good luck friday night.

Kennedale over Bridgeport
42 21

CHS_LB_38
11-13-2002, 09:43 PM
i pick kennedale by 14, they have won alot of games this year very decisevely and i think it will continue into the playoffs.

CHS_LB_38
11-13-2002, 09:46 PM
o yeah good luck kennedale and go get the sweep for 8-3A

K-TOWN FOOZBALLA
11-13-2002, 10:28 PM
KENNEDALE 41
BRIDGEPORT 28

PPHSfan
11-13-2002, 10:48 PM
I still like Bridgeport. Just hope they can find the game they had early in the year.

Bridgeport 28
K-Town 21

KTownBalla
11-13-2002, 11:05 PM
I know we will win. This year we have improved our secondary dramatically with better corners, and much better play at safety by Rocky. Trust me. You'll be suprised how good of a hold we have on Bridgeport's passing game.

Kennedale 42
Bridgeport 21

The One
11-14-2002, 09:50 AM
K town I have no doubt you guys will be motivated and be much improved from last years team. This game will most likely be determined by turnovers. For Bridgeport to win they will need to play flawless football. If Bridgeport does that then this game will be too close to call if not then it could get out of hand!

I think the game will be decided by 4 pts.
Bridgeport 35
Kennedale 31

If that happens then were all in for a treat on Friday night.

BullBacker
11-14-2002, 10:32 AM
K Town how do you know your secondary is better than last year. Have you played anybody this year who throws the ball like Bport. Just because you have speed doesnt mean they can cover anybody. I think we saw that last year.

KennedaleWildcat
11-14-2002, 09:54 PM
Hey someone needs to cut out the badmouthing because some people have a similar name and dont want hate mail for their trash talk!!!!! AHUM AHUM THAT MEANS YOU KENNEDALE_WILDCATS!!!!!

<small>[ November 14, 2002, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: KennedaleWildcat ]</small>

TwoBRockin
11-14-2002, 10:28 PM
Well I have been just sitting back and reading all the post about Bridgeport. I have finally decided it was time to post.

Bridgeport 38
Kennedale 27

Bridgeport's coach has most likely worked on several things this week to help us win the game and if #16 does what he is capable of doing the game should lean towards Bridgeport. Newest member of the defense should keep Kennedale busy along with our good LB.

BullBacker
11-14-2002, 11:08 PM
TwoB I agree 100%. Lets hope #16 has a good game.

The One
11-14-2002, 11:13 PM
AWWWWW, the tension builds! T-21 hours

bigbullbacker
11-15-2002, 12:35 AM
I agree two b , were still going to have to play our best brand of bull football,and I believe these Bulls still have it in them,I'm looking for a upset,Coaching will be a key in this one! I would like too think B'port would be favored in that part of the game....................GO BULLS

K & K Pop
11-15-2002, 11:42 AM
How can you people decide who has the coaching edge if you don't really know the coaches. Kennedale's head coach used to be the OC at Everman, then the head coach at Godley where they went to the playoffs at least three of the seven years he was there. Last year, in his first year at K-town they went four deep. Of course, being the type of man he is, he'll tell you the kids are the reason for the successes. I agree but, I also feel he played a major role. K-town's DC is a very experienced coach and was also a part of K-town's season last season and some of those playoff years at Godley. There are at least three assistants on that staff with at least ten years experience. I don't really know about B-port's staff cuz I'm not from that area but, I'm sure they have some good coaches. So, unless you know both staffs and the inner workings, I don't feel you can give an edge to one staff over the other.

BullBacker
11-15-2002, 12:01 PM
KK Pop
Bridgeports head coach came from Flower Mound Marcus where he was a Off Cor.
As for as coaching edge you would probably have to go with Bport simply because of last year. Like I said in another post anytime you give up a big lead in a playoff game some of the blame has to go to coaching.

Thats why I say Bport has the coaching edge.

K & K Pop
11-15-2002, 02:26 PM
You can't blame the comeback solely on the coaches. A coach's job is to prepare the kids and get them where they need to be; once they are there, the kids have get the job done. I did not see the game last year but I heard that the K-town kids quit playing as hard. Maybe B-port's kids played harder in the 2nd half which is a credit to their kids. I know part of coaching is motivating kids but a coach can only motivate so much.

BullBacker
11-15-2002, 03:05 PM
KK Pop,
I agree that a coach can only do so much. Guess we will see tonight who does the better job. Goodluck to both sides tonight and lets hope that both teams bring their A games.

PS
Everyone have a safe drive home.

The One
11-15-2002, 03:38 PM
K & K Pop:
You can't blame the comeback solely on the coaches. A coach's job is to prepare the kids and get them where they need to be; once they are there, the kids have get the job done. I did not see the game last year but I heard that the K-town kids quit playing as hard. Maybe B-port's kids played harder in the 2nd half which is a credit to their kids. I know part of coaching is motivating kids but a coach can only motivate so much.I believe you've got the answer in your quote KK. Kennedale's kids didnt play as hard in the second half, I guess there coaching staff didnt do as good of a job motivating them in the second half. There's your answer and that is why I agree with bull backer that if their is an edge in coaching it would probably go to Bridgeport for their victory last year.

KTownBalla
11-15-2002, 04:23 PM
Well...we are gonna win anywazs...watch...your gonna be struggling all day to get ur passing game going...with our new cornerbacks...we'll take ya'll head on...!!! Good Luck to everyone...

KTownBalla
11-16-2002, 01:13 AM
The score settled it. These two teams could develope an interesting rivalry. we'll see what takes place...