PDA

View Full Version : Lee vs. Southlake

panther power
06-24-2005, 10:59 PM
Southlake Carroll vs. Midland Lee, 2 PM, August 27, Abilene. Pack the sunscreen. The Dragons and Rebels hook-up for the second straight season, with Midland Lee determined to erase the nasty memories of last season's humbling 49-10 loss to Southlake Carroll in the Texas Football Classic at the Alamodome. Greg McElroy (who may be headed to Ole Miss in the coming weeks) takes the reins at quarterback from Missouri-bound Chase Daniel for the Dragons, while Lee running back Trent Hines, who has committed to Texas A&M, is being compared to former Rebel running back Cedric Benson. Lee coach Randy Quisenberry is erasing any ties to former coach John Parchman by installing a spread offense, and not pounding the ball that became all-too familiar in the successful Parchman Era in the 1990s. Southlake Carroll has a massive senior class of 52 players this season, but also a sophomore phenom in running back Trey Newton. You might have heard of his father, Nate. You'll quickly know Trey. Residents in Dallas (UPN 21) as well as in Abilene will be able to watch the game on local television, via Arlington-based Jeff Watts Productions. Until someone knocks off the Dragons, Southlake Carroll should remain No. 1. For more on coach Todd Dodge's success during the 2004 season in leading Southlake Carroll to the USA Today national title and 5A, Div. II state championship,

panther power
06-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Sweetwater vs. Snyder, 7:30 PM, October 14. It's not the Mustang Bowl, but Snyder is still a great atmosphere for high school football.

Gobbla2001
06-24-2005, 11:03 PM
I'll stick with SLC... They may be the Evil Empire, but so are we down here...

HighSchool Fan
06-25-2005, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I'll stick with SLC... They may be the Evil Empire, but so are we down here...

:rolleyes:

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-25-2005, 07:35 AM
thats gonna be tough to replace in 2007...52 seniors?? My God thats almost an entire graduating class at some 3A schools!!

vet93
06-25-2005, 09:17 AM
It is hard to bet against the Dragons...but I think that Lee will be tough with another year under the Quis. Look for this game to be much closer than last year....just a hunch.

Adidas410s
06-25-2005, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by panther power
Sweetwater vs. Snyder, 7:30 PM, October 14. It's not the Mustang Bowl, but Snyder is still a great atmosphere for high school football.

You might as well include Wylie vs Sweetwater @ the Mustang Bowl and Wylie vs Snyder @ Snyder. All 3 of these games are going to be awesome!

BHBrave08
06-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Sothlake Carroll will Win. Plain and simple as that.

SwtwtrMstngs04
06-25-2005, 03:06 PM
I cant wait for any of these games I will get to see them all. Im so happy

Phantom Stang
06-25-2005, 03:37 PM
The score will be much closer than last year, but I've gotta go with S'lake in this one.

Phantom Stang
06-25-2005, 04:38 PM
If you've never seen SLC in person, whatching their pre-game warm up is almost worth the price of admission.:cool:

Z motion 10 out on 2
06-25-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
If you've never seen SLC in person, whatching their pre-game warm up is almost worth the price of admission.:cool:

I second that! Saw them at the state game last year and they looked good!

lostaussie
06-25-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
If you've never seen SLC in person, whatching their pre-game warm up is almost worth the price of admission.:cool: you are correct. when they were still in 3a they bombed us (gilmer) at least twice and maybe more. they were a green machine.

mwynn05
06-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
You might as well include Wylie vs Sweetwater @ the Mustang Bowl and Wylie vs Snyder @ Snyder. All 3 of these games are going to be awesome! Im stil trying to figure out how wylie has anything to do with this..

WTF-82
06-26-2005, 10:19 AM
I agree I think Lee vs. Southlake Carroll will be a great game. If your picking you have to go with Carroll but I think it will be an excellent game if Lee can make Defensive stops it will be an interesting game Lee is a lot better than people think I think they should be a top 10 team. It will be an awesome atmoshere on that Saturday afternoon. I am sure both sides will be jam packed.