PDA

View Full Version : Frisco ISD

KTJ
06-23-2005, 07:30 PM
Has the thrid high school in Frisco opened up yet?

I know I read somewhere that they would have 10 high schools in Frisco by 2012 or something like that.

Matthew328
06-23-2005, 07:35 PM
I believe it will be opening and they'll be playing varsity next realignment

VWG
06-23-2005, 10:29 PM
Frisco and McKinney are both trying to keep their high schools in 4A enrollment. They don't want to be like Allen (1 high school) and Plano (3 high schools) with over 2,750 enrollments.
Both cities are trying to keep up with student population by building more schools.... be it middle schools and high schools.

KTJ
06-23-2005, 11:37 PM
Thanks for the info. I knew the 3rd high school was there but I didn't know if it was open yet.

I heard about McKinney's third high school and I'm not shocked. I am shocked that Allen hasn't built another school, unless they are built out??? Denton's new school will be opening this year and there are plans to build a 4th high school in Denton very soon.

Will Little Elm go 4A?

AggieJohn
06-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Frisco just hosted the texas league minor league baseball all star game

HighSchool Fan
06-24-2005, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by VWG
Frisco and McKinney are both trying to keep their high schools in 4A enrollment. They don't want to be like Allen (1 high school) and Plano (3 high schools) with over 2,750 enrollments.
Both cities are trying to keep up with student population by building more schools.... be it middle schools and high schools.

1 good thing Allen has is the basketball gym. don't know if there is a better HS gym out there.

PurpleFreddy
06-24-2005, 08:25 AM
Boy, that's the truth about Allen's HS gym! I love that place.
In regards to Allen growth or second high school, I don't think it will happen anytime soon. Unlike Frisco and McKinney, Allen is more land-locked and, like it's neighbor to the south, Richardson, doesn't have room for new residential development. Plus, the people in Allen know how good they have it with one high school. They are clinging to that as long as possible.

KTJ
06-24-2005, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by PurpleFreddy
Boy, that's the truth about Allen's HS gym! I love that place.
In regards to Allen growth or second high school, I don't think it will happen anytime soon. Unlike Frisco and McKinney, Allen is more land-locked and, like it's neighbor to the south, Richardson, doesn't have room for new residential development. Plus, the people in Allen know how good they have it with one high school. They are clinging to that as long as possible.

Just like Southlake Carroll. I love Austin but I miss the D/FW area. :(

Goldenstick
06-24-2005, 11:17 PM
I saw Frisco ISD's new football stadium and it looks pretty cool!! I think it's called Pizza Hut Park. The primary tenant will be FC Dallas but the high schools are going to be playing there on Friday nights.

http://pizzahutpark.birdsallstudios.com/

Manck
06-24-2005, 11:31 PM
D@mn straight about FC Dallas being the primary tenant.

FC Dallas will take priority over any HS football in PHP's inaugural season since Lamar Hunt is in charge, and with the MLS Cup championship game coming through this season, I don't see as many HS football games happening at the Oven this season as there will be in future years.

HighSchool Fan
06-25-2005, 06:08 AM
Originally posted by Manck
D@mn straight about FC Dallas being the primary tenant.

FC Dallas will take priority over any HS football in PHP's inaugural season since Lamar Hunt is in charge, and with the MLS Cup championship game coming through this season, I don't see as many HS football games happening at the Oven this season as there will be in future years.

is this the same lamar hunt that own's the KC Chiefs??

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-25-2005, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
1 good thing Allen has is the basketball gym. don't know if there is a better HS gym out there. ever seen burleson's high school basketball arena? that thing is HUGE!!!!!! its nice enough and big enough to hold atleast the Div II college finals at.

KTJ
06-25-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
ever seen burleson's high school basketball arena? that thing is HUGE!!!!!! its nice enough and big enough to hold atleast the Div II college finals at.

Haha...when I was a senior, we played at the Whataburger Classic basketball tournament. We requested to play (and we did) in the 4A division which was held at Burleson High. That place is really, really nice. (or it was in 2000.)

Goldenstick
06-25-2005, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
is this the same lamar hunt that own's the KC Chiefs??

Yes, it's the same Lamar Hunt

HighSchool Fan
06-25-2005, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by Goldenstick
Yes, it's the same Lamar Hunt

ya better hope that another soccer team comes to dallas, he'll get mad and move his team

Manck
06-25-2005, 12:22 PM
Lamar won't move FC Dallas. I'm a member of the supporter's group, the Inferno, and our president and VP had a meeting with the general manager who had specific details handed down from Uncle Lamar.

With the money that's been invested to make the PHP the premier soccer facility in America, and the fact that the US Youth Soccer Foundation is moving it's headquarters to Frisco because of it, don't expect to see FC Dallas move anywhere except to the top of the standings.

HOWEVER, the KC Wizards are the most likely candidate to be moved to an expansion city within the next two years. The league is looking at Houston with an ownership group headed by Mexico's Club America. I'm pretty sure that Lamar Hunt sold the KC Wizards to AEG a couple of years back. Arrowhead's just too big for soccer, and the KC area has been dragging it's feet about getting a soccer specific stadium built.

Before some South Texans start asking, the San Antonio deal has fallen through, and will definitely not happen for about 2 years at the earliest, as opposed to next year, which was the hopeful estimate. Blame the city council...MLS was ready to move in like crazy,

Goldenstick
06-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Houston desperately needs a team. That way FCD has a real rivalry, unlike the one with Chitcago

Manck
06-25-2005, 04:40 PM
The Brimstone Cup rivalry with the Fire is probably the most fiercely contested rivalry in MLS, mainly because Dema Kovalenko broke a Dallas Burn player's leg in a game 2 years ago, and now he plays for them.

And Chicago fans are pricks, which makes it easy to stir up the rivalry.

But a Texas derby will be incredible, especially if the ownership group of Houston's team doesn't screw up an expansion franchise like the guys at Chivas. MLS is working on a plan to buy Delmar Stadium from the Houston ISD to develop into a soccer specific stadium. The main obstacle with a franchise playing here is that the stadium's not in the best part of town, which might alienate the suburban fans, but if they choose a different location, it might alienate the Hispanic fans.

But the Texas derby will be incredible whenever it happens. I will be there in full force with the Inferno, trying not to get thrown out.