PDA

View Full Version : Aruba suspects DAD arrested

Ranger Mom
06-23-2005, 02:32 PM
It just gets deeper and deeper!

An Aruban judge, the father of a 17-year-old suspect in the disappearance of an Alabama teenager, has also been arrested in the case, a prosecution spokesperson said Thursday. Paul Van Der Sloot is being viewed as a suspect in the case of Natalee Holloway, Mariaine Croes said. Holloway, 18, from Birmingham, Alabama, went missing on the island on May 30 at the end of a graduation vacation.

44INAROW
06-23-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
It just gets deeper and deeper!

An Aruban judge, the father of a 17-year-old suspect in the disappearance of an Alabama teenager, has also been arrested in the case, a prosecution spokesperson said Thursday. Paul Van Der Sloot is being viewed as a suspect in the case of Natalee Holloway, Mariaine Croes said. Holloway, 18, from Birmingham, Alabama, went missing on the island on May 30 at the end of a graduation vacation.

hhmm wonder if maybe he tried to "cover up" something?

Ranger Mom
06-23-2005, 02:39 PM
I feel bad for the Aruban population....this is gotta be taking a huge hit on their pocketbooks. I can't imagine there are too many tourist booking trips for Aruba.

Old Tiger
06-23-2005, 02:44 PM
I smell a conspiracy...

spiveyrat
06-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Maybe this was posted on here... I can't remember. I heard either yesterday that the name Van der Sloot was the Danish name for Kennedy. :eek: I'm not sure if that's a joke or not.

KTJ
06-23-2005, 02:53 PM
Aruba is really screwing up this case and I bet it's hell for the family of this girl (who was a hottie.)

Aruba just needs to let the US Government come in and take over this case. I bet it would be solved in no time.

Bandera YaYa
06-23-2005, 02:54 PM
I feel bad for the Aruban population....this is gotta be taking a huge hit on their pocketbooks. I can't imagine there are too many tourist booking trips for Aruba. ....or they are finding a hell of a deal to there, right now! :thinking: :(

ej2525
06-23-2005, 03:46 PM
I feel bad for the Aruban population....this is gotta be taking a huge hit on their pocketbooks. I can't imagine there are too many tourist booking trips for Aruba.

I heard tourism is up this time of the year from last year down there!!

kaorder1999
06-23-2005, 04:16 PM
it keeps getting sadder and sadder....i cant imagine what her family is going through

mwynn05
06-23-2005, 04:29 PM
nottohijack that thread but did you ever think you would have a sig like that?

LH Panther Mom
06-23-2005, 04:33 PM
I knew a couple of days ago that they had brought him in for questioning. The whole things sounds awfully fishy to me. Hopefully, her family will soon know the truth and be able to deal with the news, whatever it may be.

AP Panther Fan
06-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I knew a couple of days ago that they had brought him in for questioning. The whole things sounds awfully fishy to me. Hopefully, her family will soon know the truth and be able to deal with the news, whatever it may be.

true, I am thinking like 44INAROW, wondering if Dad was trying to possibly cover for the son...hmmm:thinking:

I feel pretty sorry for the Van der Sloot mom/wife. I truly don't think she know's what the heck is going on...:confused: ....but, I may be wrong....

LH Panther Mom
06-24-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I feel pretty sorry for the Van der Sloot mom/wife. I truly don't think she know's what the heck is going on...:confused: ....but, I may be wrong....

I feel sorry for her in a way, but watching her behavior on tv early this morning aggravated me for some reason. I can understand her being upset, it was more what she said that got to me. I can't remember her exact words, but she basically accused the Aruban authorities of making them scapegoats.

AP Panther Fan
06-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I feel sorry for her in a way, but watching her behavior on tv early this morning aggravated me for some reason. I can understand her being upset, it was more what she said that got to me. I can't remember her exact words, but she basically accused the Aruban authorities of making them scapegoats.

Scary thing is, she could be right. They certainly have a strange way of doing things down there.

Saw on the news this morning that a group of search and rescue folks were on their way to Aruba from Texas. They are taking about 3 dogs, diving equipment and I don't know what all...will be interesting to learn more about them and their areas of expertise. :thinking: