PDA

View Full Version : i wonder if this is the same girl who sued Hooters

pirate44
06-23-2005, 12:06 PM
remember that waitress at Hooters that sued because she recieved a toy Yoda instead of the Toyota she thought she had won in a sales contest? i wonder if this is the same girl.

100 Grand winner (http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0623051grand1.html)

spiveyrat
06-23-2005, 12:52 PM
Everybody wants something for nothing. :rolleyes:

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-23-2005, 12:59 PM
wow. some people just cant take a joke these days. what has come over us today? so many law suits, so much coruption, so much of "give me this because i deserve it" wonder what happened to the days when our fore fathers sacrificed there everything so the future generations could have it better off than they did. its literal obsurdity to live like we do and expect to remain a united people. IMHO, of course.

spiveyrat
06-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
wow. some people just cant take a joke these days. what has come over us today? so many law suits, so much coruption, so much of "give me this because i deserve it" wonder what happened to the days when our fore fathers sacrificed there everything so the future generations could have it better off than they did. its literal obsurdity to live like we do and expect to remain a united people. IMHO, of course.

I call it our "welfare soicety". A society where many think they are owed something whether it be free healthcare or a free hot dog.

crabman
06-23-2005, 01:12 PM
Kind of like the lady who won a dime and bracelet.

44INAROW
06-23-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by crabman
Kind of like the lady who won a dime and bracelet.

:D :D :D

well, while we are on this subject of "winning free stuff".. Yesterday I received in the mail my 2 free tickets to Astroworld and a Free Night at the Marriott on Spanish Trail Road In Houston

Thanks to TXBroadcaster and the fellows at the radio station in Shreveport KRPP :clap:

kaorder1999
06-23-2005, 03:33 PM
i would have sued.

Manck
06-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
:D :D :D

well, while we are on this subject of "winning free stuff".. Yesterday I received in the mail my 2 free tickets to Astroworld and a Free Night at the Marriott on Spanish Trail Road In Houston

Thanks to TXBroadcaster and the fellows at the radio station in Shreveport KRPP :clap:

That's KRRP. Two R's. :D Have fun at Astroworld!

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-23-2005, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
i would have sued. what would the point of suing be? the lady won a hundred grand fair and square. for instance, if i told you i was giving away a computer, you wouldnt expect me to be giving away a brand new top of the line dell or gateway, would you? well i would sure as heck hope not. if i were giving away a free tv, it would probably be some 1985 pre-historic piece of junk that no one had ever heard of. she was in no way fooled at being giving a hundred grand, she lead herself on to believe it was money.

Phantom Stang
06-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Had the guy told her at the moment she made the tenth call, "Congratulations! you've just won a 100 Grand candy bar!" it could have been considered a joke.:thinking:
It's when she was told to come down to the station the next day to claim her prize, that it became fraud.:nerd:
Of course, this is JMHO.;)

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-23-2005, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Had the guy told her at the moment she made the tenth call, "Congratulations! you've just won a 100 Grand candy bar!" it could have been considered a joke.:thinking:
It's when she was told to come down to the station the next day to claim her prize, that it became fraud.:nerd:
Of course, this is JMHO.;) istill dont see how it was fraud, she was awarded a hundred grand. bottom line. if they had said she won a million dollars then handed her 10 candy bars i could understand it. no she was given what she was told she won.