PDA

View Full Version : Property Rights Take Hit

Old Dog
06-23-2005, 11:46 AM
The Supreme Court on Thursday ruled that local governments may seize people’s homes and businesses — even against their will — for private economic development.

THIS IS HUGE FOLKS...............

In this country property rights have always been one of the centerpieces for our way of life.

Hell, whats next......can't pray in public or display the ten commandments............LOL

BullFrog Dad
06-23-2005, 11:59 AM
The government has always had the power of eminent domain. It hasn't just been exercised for the public good either.

Old Dog
06-23-2005, 12:04 PM
The key to this is allowing PRIVATE development. Of course there has always been governmental use of the power.

Do you want city councils taking homes so a mall can be put in it's place.......and the mall funded by private money?

I do agree that it has not always been for the true greater good.

spiveyrat
06-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
The Supreme Court on Thursday ruled that local governments may seize people’s homes and businesses — even against their will — for private economic development.

THIS IS HUGE FOLKS...............

In this country property rights have always been one of the centerpieces for our way of life.

Hell, whats next......can't pray in public or display the ten commandments............LOL

:rolleyes: Sounds like communism to me! Gheez! Just another example of judges in this country being out of control.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-23-2005, 01:28 PM
I wish that I could reply to this....Let's just say I told you so a long time ago.

rockdale80
06-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I wish that I could reply to this....Let's just say I told you so a long time ago.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

rockdale80
06-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by Old Dog
The key to this is allowing PRIVATE development. Of course there has always been governmental use of the power.

Do you want city councils taking homes so a mall can be put in it's place.......and the mall funded by private money?

I do agree that it has not always been for the true greater good.

On a serious note though...This is a shame.

Ranger Mom
06-23-2005, 01:36 PM

I never said you were ALWAYS wrong!!:inlove: :kiss:

big daddy russ
06-23-2005, 02:43 PM
We need to go back to making laws in Congress again. Last I checked the judicial branch of the government was just supposed to enforce the laws.

spiveyrat
06-23-2005, 02:50 PM

You told who what?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-23-2005, 02:58 PM
I'm editing this because it may be considered too political.

big daddy russ
06-23-2005, 03:00 PM
I said a while back that the "conservative" led government we have is slowly taking away people's rights and creating an even bigger gap between the rich and the poor. This is an example of what I was talking about....
Alright, guys. Back on track... don't want to lose any fine citizens of the DL.