PDA

View Full Version : Several Texans pitching in the CWS!

Bull's-eye
06-22-2005, 05:05 PM
I have noticed several Texans pitching in the CWS. Sinton's Alaniz winning the first game for Texas. Baylor has 2 pitchers from Sugar Land in Clement's Van Allen & LaMotta. Tulane has Clement's Sean Morgan. Texas will start Weimar's Ken Kasparek in tonight's game. Way to go Texas boys!!

Gobbla2001
06-22-2005, 05:12 PM
It's crazy, Cuero's within about 75 miles of Sinton (Alaniz), Weimar (Kasparek), Bay City (Cox) and 15 minutes from Yoakum (Boone)... all UT pitchers...

Gobbla2001
06-22-2005, 05:15 PM
Actually, I think Bay City's around 95 miles away...

IHStangFan
06-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
It's crazy, Cuero's within about 75 miles of Sinton (Alaniz), Weimar (Kasparek), Bay City (Cox) and 15 minutes from Yoakum (Boone)... all UT pitchers... that area of Texas sounds like its become UT recruiting's own little secret pot of gold but when i think about it...there are ALWAYS great atheletes at most of those schools in one sport or another.... Cuero, Yoakum, Shiner, Gonzales, Moulton, Luling, etc. etc. etc.

Gobbla2001
06-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Do not forget Victoria producing Ron Gant and Doug Drabek...

and where have you been? nice to see the cowbell again, cuz I got a fever...

IHStangFan
06-22-2005, 05:31 PM
thanks! yeah, been a busy one for me over the last year....moved to AZ, new job, new house, blah blah blah. ya know....its funny...nomatter where i go, i run into someone thats from close to home. i walked into this bar a few evenings ago....my buddy used to work there and wanted to show me the place....there was a guy sittin at the bar, and i heard him talkin about the Spurs. so i asked him "you from Texas" and he tells me he is...i said "Me too, Corpus Christi area" he laughs and says "oh yeah, i'm from Cuero" LOL....out here in BFE Arizona....too funny.

44INAROW
06-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
thanks! "Me too, Corpus Christi area" he laughs and says "oh yeah, i'm from Cuero" LOL....out here in BFE Arizona....too funny.

did you ask his name?
One time we were in Vegas and took one of those bus trips down to Laughlin for a day trip.. The bus broke down in BFE but there was a small "mom and pop" grocery store there.. We were checking the place out etc and got to talking with the owners and found out they were from Schroeder (which is about 20 miles from Cuero) small world

Gobbla2001
06-22-2005, 06:48 PM
My ex and I were checking out the Statue of Liberty a couple of springs ago... We caught a different ferry ride back to Manhatten and ran into Industrial High School's One-Act Play kids... my ex knew some of them... that was pretty crazy...
they had their Industrial lett's on and I had my Cuero lett on... They were in our district at the time, so two lett jackets from the same district on the same ferry in NYC...

IHStangFan
06-22-2005, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
did you ask his name?
One time we were in Vegas and took one of those bus trips down to Laughlin for a day trip.. The bus broke down in BFE but there was a small "mom and pop" grocery store there.. We were checking the place out etc and got to talking with the owners and found out they were from Schroeder (which is about 20 miles from Cuero) small world i'm horrible w/ names....he told me but i cant remember. i also know exactly where Schroeder is.....Schroeder Hall.....just down past Shady Oaks Speedway a few miles. Used to go to Schroeder all the time. :)

Gobbla2001
06-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
i'm horrible w/ names....he told me but i cant remember. i also know exactly where Schroeder is.....Schroeder Hall.....just down past Shady Oaks Speedway a few miles. Used to go to Schroeder all the time. :)

Second oldest dancehall in Texas...

Poor Shady Oaks, just sits there now, hasn't had a car on it for a couple/few years now...

Old Dog
06-22-2005, 10:28 PM
01, your Gobbler sign is really cool! Quite unique.