PDA

View Full Version : Stupid woman

LH Panther Mom
06-22-2005, 07:07 AM
Wife of ex-Red Raider gets year's probation
ASSOCIATED PRESS

ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. (AP) - The wife of Detroit Pistons reserve and former Red Raider Darvin Ham was sentenced Monday to a year's probation for hitting him on the head with a wine bottle in March.

Deneitra Ham also was sentenced to 30 hours of community service and an anger management program. She must stay away from drugs and alcohol during probation and pay a fine, deputy court administrator Lorna Skipworth said. Ham had pleaded guilty to domestic violence.

Deneitra Ham was arrested March 18 after authorities were called to the couple's Rochester Hills home in suburban Detroit and told she had struck her husband on the head with a bottle during a dispute. Darvin Ham was bleeding but refused medical treatment. Darvin Ham said he did not wish to press charges, but Oakland County sheriffs' deputies took her into custody under a Michigan law allowing police to make an arrest if the officer has reasonable cause to believe an assault has taken place.

Ham plays forward for the Pistons, who trail the San Antonio Spurs 3-2 in the NBA Finals.

LH Panther Mom
06-22-2005, 07:10 AM
I obviously need to pay more attention to the series, since I didn't remember he was playing for the Pistons. I have to say, he's one of my favorite ex-Raiders. I'm sure if I looked hard enough, we still have the recording of the NCAA tourney game where he broke the backboard. :)