PDA

View Full Version : Breaking News: ESPN Stinks

kepdawg
06-21-2005, 09:49 PM
The Yankees and their out of this world payroll have put up 20 runs against the lowly Devil Rays while allowing 11 and ESPN feels the need to put this as "breaking news" on the website. ESPN has gone way down hill the past few years!

Gobbla2001
06-21-2005, 09:52 PM
It's even funnier how they try and market 'big news'...

I remember the All-Star game earlier this year, Kobe started for the West and Shaq started for the East... I remember it was a big deal before the game as to whether or not Kobe and Shaq would shake hands before the game... they didn't...

Then a month later Miami and L.A. were hooking up for their first game of the year and the night before the game Sportscenter did this big deal on 'How will Kobe and Shaq act before, during and after their first match-up since being teammates' or something to that effect... it was also a big deal about 'will they shake hands' etc... month old news...

That was just about lame...

kepdawg
06-21-2005, 09:57 PM
Well, they've removed the "breaking news" header now. Maybe somebody from Bristol saw my post and decided to change it.

Gobbla2001
06-21-2005, 10:56 PM
kepdawg - making changes...

Txbroadcaster
06-21-2005, 11:34 PM
The game was not just a 20-11 romp..the Yanks came back from a 7-0 deficit, score 13 runs in the 8th,,TO me that is breaking news of sorts.

kepdawg
06-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
The game was not just a 20-11 romp..the Yanks came back from a 7-0 deficit, score 13 runs in the 8th,,TO me that is breaking news of sorts.

The Yankees scoring a bunch of runs in one inning of a regular season game isn't breaking news unless it was done by means of rare or historical events. The only problem I had was the "breaking news" header. When I see that I expect to see just that, breaking news, not an normal MLB offensive explosion. Since the header was only in place for a shirt time, I would assume someone in Bristol came to their senses and agreed with me.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-22-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
It's even funnier how they try and market 'big news'...

I remember the All-Star game earlier this year, Kobe started for the West and Shaq started for the East... I remember it was a big deal before the game as to whether or not Kobe and Shaq would shake hands before the game... they didn't...

Then a month later Miami and L.A. were hooking up for their first game of the year and the night before the game Sportscenter did this big deal on 'How will Kobe and Shaq act before, during and after their first match-up since being teammates' or something to that effect... it was also a big deal about 'will they shake hands' etc... month old news...

That was just about lame... ironically neither players team managed to make it to the nba championship...:thinking:

Txbroadcaster
06-22-2005, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by kepdawg
The Yankees scoring a bunch of runs in one inning of a regular season game isn't breaking news unless it was done by means of rare or historical events. The only problem I had was the "breaking news" header. When I see that I expect to see just that, breaking news, not an normal MLB offensive explosion. Since the header was only in place for a shirt time, I would assume someone in Bristol came to their senses and agreed with me.

The 17-run turnaround matched the largest victory after trailing by eight runs in major league history..kinda rare..would you agree?