PDA

View Full Version : That was a great game, Spurs up 3-2 headed home...

Gobbla2001
06-19-2005, 11:22 PM
YES!!!!

44INAROW
06-19-2005, 11:22 PM
WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an ending :)

PhiI C
06-19-2005, 11:24 PM
A great game and a great win indeed to give Spurs a 3 to 2 edge going home. They played much better and turned it around after the last two games. Only fault is it wouldn't have been that close if Tim hadn't missed so many free throws so let's hope he improves that at home. A good win and a nice Father's Day present.

big daddy russ
06-19-2005, 11:30 PM
I'm so glad we got Horry. I can't stand the Lakers but I've always liked Rob. I guess that's just me being nostalgic from the Clutch City days.

Gobbla2001
06-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I'm so glad we got Horry. I can't stand the Lakers but I've always liked Rob. I guess that's just me being nostalgic from the Clutch City days.

I've always liked Horry as a person, just not as a player until he came to the Spurs...

And BTW, the replay on T.V. showed Wallace calling the empty time-out at :00, which means it would be a good no-call...

HOWEVER, the clock is not what you must go by, it is the red-light on the backboard and the buzzer...

Thank God for DVR, cuz he called it before the red-light...

Wouldn't that be something? Chris Webber did it when Michigan lost to North Carolina back in the day... Chris Webber was IN the building tonight and Rasheed is a former Tar-Heel... that would have been an insane connection...

donjuan
06-19-2005, 11:36 PM
Spurs have their confidence now and have to just win one of two games at home!!! They have only lost 3 games all season at home. Spurs will take the trophy!!!!

JHS_c/o_06'
06-19-2005, 11:37 PM
im not going to lie to yall....i almost pissed my pants watching that...

Gobbla2001
06-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
im not going to lie to yall....i almost pissed my pants watching that...

Well, uhhhh, I actually did... I'll post the pics tomorrow...

jk

Maroon87
06-19-2005, 11:40 PM
I'm not an expert on this type of stuff, but I think Larry Brown just threw 'Sheed under the bus in the postgame press conference for leaving Horry open on that game winning 3 pointer. That's one thing I don't like about him. He said "it's all on me" but you could tell it was insincere.

Gobbla2001
06-19-2005, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I'm not an expert on this type of stuff, but I think Larry Brown just threw 'Sheed under the bus in the postgame press conference for leaving Horry open on that game winning 3 pointer. That's one thing I don't like about him. He said "it's all on me" but you could tell it was insincere.

Well in R. Wallace's defense, he did do well against Horry, but Horry was draining them with or without a hand in his face...

Maroon87
06-19-2005, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Well in R. Wallace's defense, he did do well against Horry, but Horry was draining them with or without a hand in his face...

I second that. Of course Sheed did run to the corner to trap Manu which left Bob wide open. But I think maybe Larry could've dismissed the question a little better. Anyway, what about Horry's dunk? If you ask me, that was the turning point of the game. The guy does zero for 3 quarters (including numerouos missed layups), then makes every big play in the 4th qtr plus OT. And the legend grows...:clap:

Gobbla2001
06-19-2005, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I second that. Of course Sheed did run to the corner to trap Manu which left Bob wide open. But I think maybe Larry could've dismissed the question a little better. Anyway, what about Horry's dunk? If you ask me, that was the turning point of the game. The guy does zero for 3 quarters (including numerouos missed layups), then makes every big play in the 4th qtr plus OT. And the legend grows...:clap:

Yah, that was a great dunk... facial even...

JHS_c/o_06'
06-19-2005, 11:53 PM
If only there were other people in Jasper to have a Spurs Championship party....lol....i think im the only guy in Jasper who likes the Spurs.....everyone else is a Rockets fan.

big daddy russ
06-20-2005, 12:12 AM
You know what's crazy... everyone will talk about how great the Spurs did and how they pulled it off in the clutch, but I don't buy it. I think they pissed away a golden opportunity to put Detroit away early and that forced them into a clutch situation.

If you were just watching the first half you'd have swore the Spurs were up by 15 or 20, but somehow the Pistons hung in there no matter how badly they played. The Spurs outrebounded and outhustled Detroit, but they wasted too many opportunities and Detroit matched them punch for punch throughout the second half. I remember at one point the momentum was completely in the Spurs' favor, they were up nine, and then all of a sudden the Pistons reeled off six straight points and it was a game again.

cat dog horse
06-20-2005, 12:16 AM
it was a good game..if rasheed wouldnt have left one of the best clutch shooters in the game wide open, detroit had it won

and yall's beloved "TimVP" did all he could to lost that game for the spurs...first of all he cant make a free throw to save his life and then dropped that pass

Diocletian
06-20-2005, 12:29 AM
was a great game......

Someone give Horry a gold medal already,,,,,damn!!!!!

big daddy russ
06-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by cat dog horse
it was a good game..if rasheed wouldnt have left one of the best clutch shooters in the game wide open, detroit had it won

and yall's beloved "TimVP" did all he could to lost that game for the spurs...first of all he cant make a free throw to save his life and then dropped that pass
If there's one hole in his game it's that he has horrible hands. He's always bobbling crisp entry passes.

big daddy russ
06-20-2005, 12:33 AM
If there's one hole in his game it's that he has horrible hands. He's always bobbling crisp entry passes.
...but I'd still take him over ANYONE ELSE in the league if I was starting a team.

pirate4state
06-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by cat dog horse

and yall's beloved "TimVP" did all he could to lost that game for the spurs...first of all he cant make a free throw to save his life and then dropped that pass I'm not a basketball fan, but I have to agree that #21 was stinking up the place! :mad: Lucky for him that "Big Shot Bob" is on his team! ...jeez :rolleyes:

pirate4state
06-20-2005, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm not a basketball fan, but I have to agree that #21 was stinking up the place! :mad: Lucky for him that "Big Shot Bob" is on his team! ...jeez :rolleyes: and let me add that I only "really" watched the last quarter and then only paid real close attention to the last 5 minute or so, but still he was horrible! I mean, what was that expression about when he could've ended the game with authority and instead looked like he was setting a volleyball! :confused: Wake up Timmy boy you are in the NBA FINALS!!! :doh:

:foul: Okay...now I am going to bed! :p

rockdale80
06-20-2005, 01:36 AM

That guy is Mr. Clutch. With the game on the line I want him taking the shot. WOW.....I can't count how many times he has drained it with the game on the line. Glad someone else remembers the good old days when he was playing for Houston.

Vrabird
06-20-2005, 06:35 AM
Horry is the MAN!!!! He left it all on the floor in Detroit. That dunk was awsome, and he hurt his shoulder on the play. Maybe Sheed thought he wouldn't take the 3 pointer since he was injured. What an ending. I like the Spurs chances now that they are going home. Maybe the basket will look like the size of a wash tub for Duncan and the Spurs at home in San Antonio. I hope they blow them out of the building on Tuesday. No need to prolong the series now. GO SPURS GO!!!!

j_dog
06-20-2005, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by JHS_c/o_06'
If only there were other people in Jasper to have a Spurs Championship party....lol....i think im the only guy in Jasper who likes the Spurs.....everyone else is a Rockets fan.
If I were in Jasper, I would help you have a party! ;)

spiveyrat
06-20-2005, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by j_dog
If I were in Jasper, I would help you have a party! ;)

And if I were there, I'd come too! ;)

Raider4ever
06-20-2005, 09:32 PM
According to ESPN.com that 21 points Robert Horry Scored last night was the most he ever scored in 125 playoff games.

j_dog
06-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
And if I were there, I'd come too! ;)
you could send your dad in your place! :D