PDA

View Full Version : The difference between college Football in the north and in the south!!

AggieJohn
06-19-2005, 09:50 PM
Football in the north and south!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thought you all might like this, found it on Tigernet!

Women's Accessories:

NORTH: ChapStick in back pocket and a $20 bill in the front pocket.

SOUTH: Louis Vuitton duffel with two lipsticks, waterproof mascara, and a fifth of Jim Beam or Crown Royal.
Money is not necessary - that's what dates are for.

Stadium Size:
NORTH: College football stadiums hold 20,000 people.
SOUTH: High school football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

Campus Decor:
NORTH: Statues of founding fathers.
SOUTH: Statues of Heisman trophy winners.

Homecoming Queen:
NORTH: Also a physics major.
SOUTH: Also Miss America.

Cheerleaders:
NORTH: If you are slightly coordinated, you make the varsity squad.
SOUTH: You begin cheer camp at age two, complete with ballet, dance, & gymnastic training.

Getting Tickets:
NORTH: 5 days before the game you walk into the ticket office on campus and purchase tickets.
SOUTH: 5 months before the game you walk into the ticket office on campus & put name on the waiting list.

Friday Classes After a Thursday Night Game:
NORTH: Students and teachers not sure they're going to the game, because they have classes on Friday.
SOUTH: Teachers cancel Friday classes because they don't want to see the few hung-over students that might actually make it to class.

Parking:
NORTH: An hour before game time, the University opens the campus for game parking.
SOUTH: RVs sporting their school flags begin arriving on Wednesday for the weekend festivities. The really faithful arrive on Tuesday.

Game Day:
NORTH: A few students party in the dorm and watch ESPN on TV.
SOUTH: Every student wakes up, has a beer for breakfast, and rushes over to where ESPN is broadcasting "Game Day Live" to get on camera and wave to the idiots up north.

Tailgating:
NORTH: Raw meat on a grill, beer with lime in it, listening to local radio station with truck tailgate down.
SOUTH: 30-foot custom pig-shaped smoker fires up at dawn. Cooking accompanied by live performance by "Dave Matthews' Band," who come over during breaks and ask for a hit off bottle of bourbon.

Getting to the Stadium:
NORTH: You ask "Where's the stadium?" When you find it, you walk right in.
SOUTH: When you're near it, you'll hear it. On game day it becomes the state's third largest city.

Concessions:
NORTH: Drinks served in a paper cup, filled to the top with soda.
SOUTH: Drinks served in a plastic cup with the home team's mascot on it, filled less than halfway with soda, to ensure enough room for Jim Beam or Crown Royal.

When National Anthem is Played:
NORTH: Stands are less than half full, and less than half of them stand up.
SOUTH: 100,000 fans, all standing, sing along in perfect four-part harmony.

The Smell in the Air After the First Score:
NORTH: Nothing changes.
SOUTH: Fireworks, with a touch of Jim Beam / Crown Royal.

Commentary (Male):
NORTH: "Nice play."
SOUTH: "D@mmit, you slow sum***** - tackle him and break his legs."

Commentary (Female):
NORTH: "My, this certainly is a violent sport."
SOUTH: "D@mmit, you slow sum***** - tackle him and break his legs."

Announcers:
NORTH: Neutral and paid.
SOUTH: Announcer harmonizes with the crowd in the fight song, with a tear in his eye because he is so proud of his team.

After the Game:
NORTH: The stadium is empty way before the game ends.
SOUTH: Another rack of ribs goes on the smoker. While somebody goes to the nearest package store for more bourbon; planning begins for next week's game.

Nothing else in the universe comes even halfway close to the glories of Southern football!!

Gobbla2001
06-19-2005, 11:29 PM
I see this post an average of once a week ha...

It's a good one atleast...

sahen
06-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
Stadium Size:
NORTH: College football stadiums hold 20,000 people.
SOUTH: High school football stadiums hold 20,000 people.

I agree w/ all of them but that one....the largest collegest stadiums r in the north....Michigan, Ohio State...etc...

big daddy russ
06-20-2005, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by sahen
I agree w/ all of them but that one....the largest collegest stadiums r in the north....Michigan, Ohio State...etc...
And Syracuse and SUNY and Harvard and Michigan St. and Purdue and Indiana.

sahen
06-20-2005, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
And Syracuse and SUNY and Harvard and Michigan St. and Purdue and Indiana.
yah...that was the etc....i just put the 2 biggest....they have some massive stadiums there....its more like a mob watching a game....esp. the michigan/ohio state game every year

big daddy russ
06-20-2005, 12:20 AM
yah...that was the etc....i just put the 2 biggest....they have some massive stadiums there....its more like a mob watching a game....esp. the michigan/ohio state game every year
True that, but outside of Michigan, Wisconsin, Minny and OSU, what stadiums do that have that hold over 70K? In the south, you could name at least one stadium in just about every state that holds that many. A few (TX, FL, SC) have more than one.

sahen
06-20-2005, 12:22 AM
well....u said syracuse which is in new york....and purdue is in indiana....there is 2 more states....and i imagine illinois stadium is pretty big.....not sure about wisconsin but it is prolly sizable as well...

big daddy russ
06-20-2005, 12:27 AM
well....u said syracuse which is in new york....and purdue is in indiana....there is 2 more states....
Doesn't Syracuse's Carrier Dome only hold like 50K? (I may be wrong.) And I think Purdue's only holds like 65K. Illinois' and Michigan State's stadiums would be the only other two that I can think of off the top of my head that may be in the 60K range. I'll have to look it up sometime.

sahen
06-20-2005, 12:29 AM
i have no idea...i was just making guesses....

big daddy russ
06-20-2005, 12:31 AM
i have no idea...i was just making guesses....
Good guesses. I'm relying on hours upon hours of wasted Saturdays spent hanging out with NBC, ABC, CBS and TNT for my info... and it's probably not all right. I'll have to double check. One of these days...

OOOhhhhhh... Notre Dame Memorial holds 80K.

sahen
06-20-2005, 12:34 AM
i was going on hours and hours of watching college football lol....yah notre dame is big too...

sahen
06-20-2005, 12:34 AM
oh...prolly penn state is big...dunno if it is over 60k

big daddy russ
06-20-2005, 12:35 AM
i was going on hours and hours of watching college football lol....yah notre dame is big too...
I feel you, brother. It's almost like Craig Nessler's family.

AggieJohn
06-20-2005, 01:04 AM
oh...prolly penn state is big...dunno if it is over 60k

penn's is in the 100,000 level