Here are 14 of the 16 teams who punched a ticket to the 7 on 7 state tourney

Abilene SQT: Abilene and Copperas Cove
Grapevine SQT: Weatherford and Tyler John Tyler
Sabine SQT: Troup and Lufkin
Rosenberg Terry SQT: Katy Mayde Creek and Katy Cinco Ranch
Baytown Lee SQT: Baytown Lee and Spring Westfield
A&M Consolidated SQT: Bryan and Pflugerville Connally
McAllen SQT: Brenham and Laredo Nixon

Just need someone from Alamo Heights to come on and let us know who made it from there!

Old Tiger
06-19-2005, 08:21 PM
So that makes it only 5 3A-A teams that have qualified..

Matthew328
06-19-2005, 08:33 PM
well sometimes the small schools can comete but even in 7 on 7 9 times out of 10 the big schools will have the superior athletes

Old Tiger
06-19-2005, 08:37 PM
Yea...it really depends on how you play that day too. If a small school has an awesome day they can compete and even win!

Haunta Yo
06-19-2005, 09:59 PM
McAllen SQT: Brenham and Laredo Nixon

What was Brenham doing in McAllen and who payed for the travel?

Matthew328
06-19-2005, 10:34 PM
Been a lot of traveling this year.....DFW tournaments have had Midland Lee, Odessa, Austin Westlake, Tyler Lee, Tyler John Tyler and Marshall....I am sure Brenham figured they could go down to the valley and qualify since the competition there isnt very strong....Rockwall which is is about 25 miles east of Dallas traveled out to Abilene as well this week so it isn't unusual for a team to travel..

BTW teams have to pay for their own travel so I am sure they did some kind of fund raiser

Haunta Yo
06-20-2005, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
BTW teams have to pay for their own travel so I am sure they did some kind of fund raiser
With gas @ $ 2.05, they need a fundraiser or two.

Start: Brenham, Texas, United States
End: McAllen, Texas, United States
Total Distance: 358.3 Miles
Estimated Total Time: 7 hours, 18 minutes

Is it legal to take a Bluebell truck if all the players have summer jobs with Bluebell and they sopped to make deliveries along the way?

Old Tiger
06-20-2005, 09:53 AM
In Rockdale we pay for our own gas but we don't have to pay the entrance fee because we got people to sponsor us.