PDA

View Full Version : Jasper 45 Newton 20

Reveille
10-18-2002, 10:40 PM
What a ball game

Bulldog92
10-18-2002, 10:46 PM
Don't hold out on me, man. What happened? I'll be honest and tell you that I'm shocked. I thought we would win it close...but never like that....

j_dog
10-18-2002, 11:13 PM
I am very pleased for Jasper, but frankly I expected a wider margin than this. I have believed for a year that only the rain and Jasper's QB injury gave Newton the opportunity to keep it close last year.

Best of luck to Newton for the remainder of the year. Newton does have a very good team and a very good defense. No question about that. May there be two state champions from 20-3a!!

Old Dog
10-19-2002, 12:13 AM
Congrats to Jasper! No doubt you guys are in a fine district and will make the grade in the playoffs. Who is likely to take the No.3 spot?

Reveille
10-19-2002, 09:47 AM
I drove by the stadium around 6:10 and the traffic was jammed. By game time there wer over 6,000 in attendance. Both towns were represented well. There were several head games going on between the teams before kickoff. You could tell something special was about to happen.
Newton's first possession ended in a punt. Japer's first possession ended in a 60 yard ren for a score. Strange thing about this was that a Newton DB was trying to call time several seconds before the play ever started. Jasper ended up going for 2 and made it. 8-0 Jasper. Newton's following possession ended in a score. They also went for two and missed. 8-6. Jasper came back and scored on a long pass play to Bass. extra point was blocked. 14-6. Jasper's following possession was a score also. 20-6. At this point a lot of people thought the blowout was on. Newton promptly ran an option and Ty rook it to the house, 65 yards. 20-13. Half.
To open the second half, Jasper had a long kickoff return. They scored on their second play from scrimmage. 26-13. Newton then got the ball on their thirty. They fumbled on their secon play. Jasper ended up scoring. 32-13. Still at this point, I felt with a break or two Newton would come storming back. It almost happened. Newton broke a long pass play, but was chased down and fumbled on the Jasper 5 yard line. At this point, Jasper drove the ball 95 yard to score and break Newton's back. 38-13. Newwton ended their third possession with an int around their on thirty. Jasper punched it in again. 45-13. Newton scored before the end of the game to make it 45-20 final,

To the Newton folks, you have a hell of a team. The ball just didn't bounce your way tonite. Look out D-2 Newton is coming.

The Jasper team looked great excluding kicking and punting. There is only one way to put it. It sucked. If Jasper does not get the kicking game ironed out, it will bite them in the butt in the playoffs. Mark my words.

98Eagle
10-19-2002, 10:04 AM
WOW... Jasper has some athletes,their players are huge, and they can make big plays. It was a great game last night with about 6000 people attending. Jasper made huge plays and Newton made turnovers. If Jasper plays the way they did last night they have a great chance at a Div. I title. Hopefully it was a wake up call for Newton. I think they were starting to believe the sportswriters a little too much. Newton still has a good chance at a Div. II title, but the won't do it turning the ball over like they did last night. Congragulations to Jasper on the win and I for one will be cheering for yall in the playoffs, especially since we won't have to face yall again. Hopefully we'll take the loss in stride and won't have another one on the way to a state title.

BWK/LBP
10-19-2002, 10:11 AM
To Jasper people. Yall whipped us fair and square. We couldn't make as many mistakes as we did and still expect to play with Jasper. I'm just glad that we wont see a team equipt with the size and speed that Jasper had. Jasper did a good job taking advantage of every mistake we made. If yalls offense plays like that there is no one in 3a that can stop you. Good luck to yall.

Jason1725
10-19-2002, 10:26 AM
You guys should hold your heads up, because you have a heck of a football team. I wish you the best of luck the rest of the way. Heck I am sure I will cover some of your playoff games before it is all said and done.

Chris Hart
10-19-2002, 10:27 AM
Congratulations to the Jasper Bulldogs for a HUGE win. I heard my bro #40 had an int., a fumble rec., 12 tackles and 3 sacks. Can anyone verify that, or is he pulling my leg? If it's true, he had a outstanding night.

Reveille
10-19-2002, 10:35 AM
Chris Hart:
Congratulations to the Jasper Bulldogs for a HUGE win. I heard my bro #40 had an int., a fumble rec., 12 tackles and 3 sacks. Can anyone verify that, or is he pulling my leg? If it's true, he had a outstanding night.He did have and int and fumble recovery. Can't remember on the sacks.

Chris Hart
10-19-2002, 10:59 AM
COOL, way to go Will!

ThaRealBulldog
10-19-2002, 12:32 PM
Jasper is the best team in 3a in my mind, besides Carthage.

<small>[ October 19, 2002, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: ThaRealBulldog ]</small>

mojjo_1
10-19-2002, 01:10 PM
When Mitchell plays Jasper is hard to stop.The offense was turned loose last night. Jasper showed they have speed, size and depth.The team had a good game plan,thanks to the coaching.Big Red played a little offense last night and looked real good.With McQueen sitting out the 1st quarter, Walter Limbrick started and show alot of speed and skill. Special teams need help! This may be Jasper's only weekness. Jasper needs to use most of next weeks practices on special teams. Let's get it together before the playoffs. GO DOGS!!!!

3ABirdMan
10-19-2002, 01:35 PM
Congrats, Jasper, on a big win (background sound of spitting feathers - crow feathers). I knew you guys had talent, but not that much, to pile it on Newton.

I understand Newton did not play great, turning the ball over, and that is not their typical style of play. To my Newton friends, I say keep your heads up. Last night sounds like a bad football night, and sooner or later all teams have them. Hopefully you guys drew your bad night before playoffs!