PDA

View Full Version : Tom Cruise Proposes To Katie Holmes

ILS1
06-17-2005, 09:52 AM
PARIS - Tom Cruise popped the question to Katie Holmes at the Eiffel Tower early Friday and then announced the news to the world — they’re getting married.

Cruise turned to Holmes: “What did you say, darling? She said, ‘Yes.’ ... I’ve never actually been to the Eiffel Tower and I just, it’s Paris, you know. It’s beautiful, a beautiful city. It’s very romantic. I’m excited to be here.”

No wedding date has been set, Cruise said. “We haven’t discussed that — one step at a time.”

The couple, who went public with their romance in April, often shared smiles and blushes as Cruise turned to look at Holmes, who was seated nearby. The 26-year-old actress, who was wearing a massive diamond ring on her finger, didn’t speak to reporters.

“Today is a magnificent day for me, I’m engaged to a magnificent woman,” the 42-year-old Cruise said.

“It was early this morning at the Eiffel Tower, so I haven’t slept at all.”

Off to Marseilles
At one point, he whispered to Holmes: “Are you OK?” Afterward, they hurried into a car before leaving for a promotional event in Marseilles, southern France.

Cruise was in Paris to promote the French release of “War of the Worlds” next month. Holmes was in London earlier this week to publicize her new movie, “Batman Begins.”

While in Berlin two days ago, Cruise dismissed speculation by tabloid newspapers and celebrity gossip columns that their relationship is a stunt to promote their new movies.

Holmes was in London earlier this week to promote her new film, “Batman Begins.” She had also dismissed accusations that the couple had staged a relationship for publicity.

“I wish them the happiest marriage that anyone has ever had,” said 11-year-old Dakota Fanning, who sat next to Holmes during the news conference. Fanning is Cruise’s co-star in the Steven Spielberg film.

It would be the third marriage for Cruise and the first for Holmes. He was married to Mimi Rogers and Nicole Kidman; Holmes had been engaged to actor Chris Klein.

Holmes has said she’s embracing the Church of Scientology — Cruise’s religion. The former star of television’s “Dawson’s Creek” has said she grew up wanting to marry Cruise.

© 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Cruise Proposes (www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8251746/)

pirate4state
06-17-2005, 09:56 AM
What a JOKE! :hand: This stinks to high heaven!! :rolleyes:

District303aPastPlayer
06-17-2005, 10:33 AM
After reading this article, its good to know that some people still believe in love... good luck to the both of them

Bellville22
06-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Katie, how could you do this to me?

pirate4state
06-17-2005, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Bellville22
LOL :clap:

I wonder if Tom is :inlove: with Katie or Joey Potter? :thinking:

:evillaugh

ILS1
06-17-2005, 10:52 AM
It's getting ridiculous!!! Tom is acting like an 8th grader in love for the 1st time!!! It's kinda sickening!!! Come on Tom!!! Act like you got a pair!!!! :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rabbit'93
06-17-2005, 12:07 PM
wow....who cares? People worry too much about "celebrities".

CHS_CG
06-17-2005, 12:42 PM

I am still upset with Kenny Chesney gettin married to a no talent actress.:rolleyes:

Bandera YaYa
06-17-2005, 12:58 PM
In my opinion, they deserve one another..........hip hip horray.......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
06-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
It's getting ridiculous!!! Tom is acting like an 8th grader in love for the 1st time!!! It's kinda sickening!!! Come on Tom!!! Act like you got a pair!!!! :D

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Awwww.....I think it's kinda sweet! The only thing that would have made the Oprah show better was if he stripped down to his boxers and socks and danced for us again!:D

Phil C
06-17-2005, 01:32 PM
In thirty years they will probably be celbrating their thirtieth wedding anniversary.

TAMUGRAD
06-17-2005, 01:45 PM
who cares? think it is all just a hollywood stunt to generate interest in their movies

spiveyrat
06-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I am still upset with Kenny Chesney gettin married to a no talent actress.:rolleyes:

Was she a "no talent actress" before or after she said 'I do'? ;)

Maroon87
06-17-2005, 02:40 PM

I've thought she was hot ever since "The Ice Storm" about 10 years ago.:cool:

CHS_CG
06-17-2005, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat
Was she a "no talent actress" before or after she said 'I do'? ;)

both:p

LH Panther Mom
06-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
both:p

She's only "no-talent" to you because you're jealous. :D :p

CHS_CG
06-17-2005, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
She's only "no-talent" to you because you're jealous. :D :p

not like i had a chance.. but i still stick by my first post!:p reguardless of what yall say..

honestly i never really liked her

ILS1
06-17-2005, 03:29 PM
How about this?? I think Kenny Chesney is UGLY as sin!!! Renee is decent looking but she's an even better actress!!! Plus,most importantly she's from TEXAS!!!!

:D :clap:

AggieJohn
06-17-2005, 05:03 PM
remember he's in love