PDA

View Full Version : who misses the good ol' days

pirate44
06-17-2005, 06:52 AM
Old TV Commercial (http://www.wimp.com/flinstones/)

jason
06-17-2005, 08:18 AM
ha, i thought this was gonna be a thread about the good ole days of the downlow when it wasnt over-run with crap and morons......

Ranger Mom
06-17-2005, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by jason
ha, i thought this was gonna be a thread about the good ole days of the downlow when it wasnt over-run with crap and morons......

Wow...that must have been before your time!:D :p ;)

CHS_CG
06-17-2005, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

dang it u beat me to it! lol

LH Panther Mom
06-17-2005, 08:26 AM

LOL!!! :D

Ranger Mom
06-17-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
Old TV Commercial (http://www.wimp.com/flinstones/)

I had never seen that before, in fact, I don't recall ever seeing a cigarette commercial that I can think of!

jason
06-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
dang it u beat me to it! lol nm

44INAROW
06-17-2005, 08:41 AM
I had never seen that before, in fact, I don't recall ever seeing a cigarette commercial that I can think of!

I remember the good looking Marlboro Man on the horse :D

AP Panther Fan
06-17-2005, 08:51 AM

hmmmmm:thinking:

HornetMom
06-17-2005, 09:13 AM
I had never seen that before, in fact, I don't recall ever seeing a cigarette commercial that I can think of! Well, I will age myself here, but I remember that one and many other cigarette and liquer commercials too.

Phil C
06-17-2005, 09:14 AM

Don't be so hard on yourself Jason. We are glad you post.

Ranger Mom
06-17-2005, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
I remember the good looking Marlboro Man on the horse :D

I remember him in magazines.....I just wasn't a big TV watcher when I was a kid. I preferred to be outside, and only watched Cartoons on Saturday mornings!

Phil C
06-17-2005, 09:15 AM
I enjoyed the Benson and Hedges commercials about the long cigaretes. Those were funny. La la la la la la la la! :)

44INAROW
06-17-2005, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I enjoyed the Benson and Hedges commercials about the long cigaretes. Those were funny. La la la la la la la la! :)

were those the ones that did the "women's lib" type commercials?

Ranger Mom
06-17-2005, 09:26 AM
Here is an interesting piece of trivia:

The last cigarette commercial (for Virginia Slims) was broadcast on the Johnny Carson Tonight Show at 11:59pm on January 1, 1971. It was expected to be devastating for the networks when tobacco ads were banned - but they did all right without them, in spite of immediately losing $220 million dollars a year in revenues.

Now they make more than that from anti-smoking ads!

Phil C
06-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
were those the ones that did the "women's lib" type commercials?

No those were ones with humor. The cigarets were long and people would get in awkward situations. For example someone would look out of the car window on the side and the cigarete would brush against the glass.

44INAROW
06-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
No those were ones with humor. The cigarets were long and people would get in awkward situations. For example someone would look out of the car window on the side and the cigarete would brush against the glass.

Oh now I remember, one of them had a guy with a cigarette in his mouth and the elevator door closed on it......... Benson and Hedges was the Women's Lib.....

Ranger Mom
06-17-2005, 09:58 AM
I don't know if this link will work or not....but here is that commercial!

Benson and Hedges (http://www.tvparty.com/g2c/bensonhedges00.ram)