PDA

View Full Version : The Tank and Terry Show...LIVE tomorrow

Manck
06-16-2005, 09:22 PM
Hey y'all,

As some of you might know, I recently graduated college with my communications degree and got hired by an ESPN Radio affiliate in Shreveport. Terry was working with LST, and the bottom fell out of that. We haven't been on the air together since the Gilmer/Jasper game. Until tomorrow.

Tomorrow from 3-6pm, we will be co-hosting the "TNT Show" (Manck the Tank and Terry), a sports talk show with guests and everything. Like a real show. However, our station is struggling, and our boss needs some convincing, since he thinks that this 24-hour sports format might not work in Shreveport, and I would like to ask you guys to help.

We broadcast the show live on the internet at http://www.KRRPradio.com, and of course, we track our listenership during each broadcast. If a bunch of y'all could just go to the website and click on the "Listen" button and let it play for a minute or two, that would be great.

If you want to be more involved with the show, and give me a hard time in the process, we also have a live chatroom, a toll-free call-in line, and AIM in the studio. We'd love to hear from you about any sports topic you'd like.

So, please go to http://www.KRRPradio.com tomorrow (Friday June 17th) between 3-6pm Central and give us a listen. If you like it, stick around for other weekdays (even though it won't always be me). Tell your friends, and join the chat. It'll be like the championship all over again. The more the merrier...and we want to still have a job.

Ranger Mom
06-16-2005, 09:39 PM
I click in and help out!

But only cause I like yall so much!:p

LH Panther Mom
06-16-2005, 09:41 PM
Thanks for letting us know....I'll be sure to tune in.

PurpleFreddy
06-16-2005, 11:07 PM
I would imagine that the key to your success in the Shreveport market as a 24-hour sports station is to have local programming and be able to wrangle away broadcasting the local minor league teams and some high school football.

big daddy russ
06-17-2005, 12:28 PM
ttt...

Keep us reminded, I'll forget before the day's over.

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
Thanks for letting us know....I'll be sure to tune in.

There is no real key to success for Sports radio in Shreveport, other than convincing companies that it can work. They have tried it twice before and failed..So hopefully third time is a charm!!!

www.krrpradio.com

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2005, 02:47 PM
Hey we are on now...show starts at 3:05

big daddy russ
06-17-2005, 02:51 PM
How do you listen? I can't find a link.

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2005, 02:55 PM
It is in the middle of the page and it is called the Great Big Sports Show ...but we are filling in..ALSO make sure your clock on computer is set to central time..because our listen link is time sensitive

44INAROW
06-17-2005, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
How do you listen? I can't find a link.

click on the radio station link..... I am listening right now

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2005, 02:59 PM
Your hearing pre show music right?

44INAROW
06-17-2005, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Your hearing pre show music right?

It just said.. STay Tuned and thanks for listening to KRRP and there is music - now it said the Great Big Sports Show will be right back,, stay tuned

big daddy russ
06-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Same thing here.

CHS_CG
06-17-2005, 03:05 PM
i wanna listen but my computer keeps buffering it every like 10 seconds and its just too annoyin.. is thre a way to fix that?

44INAROW
06-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Now it's TNT by AC/DC :) m the music is too loud,, I can hardly hear the guys talking

CHS_CG
06-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Now it's TNT by AC/DC :) m the music is too loud,, I can hardly hear the guys talking

Dail up sux.. just to let everybody know! lol I am gettin bits and pieces of it:(

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2005, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Dail up sux.. just to let everybody know! lol I am gettin bits and pieces of it:(

sorry about that..we have set so dial-up should work ok...hope it gets better

Ranger Mom
06-17-2005, 04:22 PM

LOL!! I couldn't figure out if I had TNT playing somewhere else or what.

I finally went into the chat room with a few people I didn't know and asked them.

LH Panther Mom
06-17-2005, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
LOL!! I couldn't figure out if I had TNT playing somewhere else or what.

I finally went into the chat room with a few people I didn't know and asked them.

:weeping: :weeping: I was in the chat room right as the show was about to start. I'm sure they thought I was rude for leaving the way I did, but I somehow managed to have several programs (which I did NOT want) to automatically install, including a virus. Of course, while trying to uninstall the stuff & do a virus scan, I noticed a full scan has not been run in 1009 days. :hairpunk: :hairpunk:

The virus scan is slowing down everything so much, I won't be able to listen to the show. :(

rockdale80
06-17-2005, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
:weeping: :weeping: I was in the chat room right as the show was about to start. I'm sure they thought I was rude for leaving the way I did, but I somehow managed to have several programs (which I did NOT want) to automatically install, including some a virus. Of course, while trying to uninstall the stuff & do a virus scan, I noticed a full scan has not been run in 1009 days. :hairpunk: :hairpunk:

The virus scan is slowing down everything so much, I won't be able to listen to the show. :(

anyone else going into the chatroom?

Txbroadcaster
06-17-2005, 05:00 PM
FIRST CALLER TO OUR SHOW WHENS FREE ASTROWORD TIX(2) A FREE STAY IN HOUSTON...AND BOSSIER BATTLEWINGS ARENA FOOTBALL TICKETS..

CALL 318-424-6506 or 866.364.ESPN(3776)

44INAROW
06-17-2005, 05:03 PM
FIRST CALLER TO OUR SHOW WHENS FREE ASTROWORD TIX(2) A FREE STAY IN HOUSTON...AND BOSSIER BATTLEWINGS ARENA FOOTBALL TICKETS..

CALL 318-424-6506 or 866.364.ESPN(3776)

I am on the line with them now - I had to decline the Battlewings tickets for tomorrow but they are mailing me the free night info and Astroworld tickets :0 THANKS KRRP ESPN950 Radio :)

rockdale80
06-17-2005, 05:20 PM
I am on the line with them now - I had to decline the Battlewings tickets for tomorrow but they are mailing me the free night info and Astroworld tickets :0 THANKS KRRP ESPN950 Radio :)

I missed the number....darnit.

Txbroadcaster
06-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Thanks to all that listened..BTW KRRP will be starting a new HS football website that will do weekly shows about La and Texas hs football..plus doing a game of the week as well!

LH Panther Mom
06-18-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks to all that listened..BTW KRRP will be starting a new HS football website that will do weekly shows about La and Texas hs football..plus doing a game of the week as well!

:( I was really looking forward to yesterday's show. I'll be tuning in next week for sure.