PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Fans

AP Panther Fan
06-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Great story on the news this morning about "your own" Adrian Alaniz. I think Art Mack is starting to like you guys.:eek: :D

Alaniz to pitch in College World Series
Jun 16, 2005, 12:01 AM

CORPUS CHRISTI - The Longhorns open their College World Series run Saturday night and they'll have the pride of Sinton on the mound. Adrian Alaniz will try to put an end to Baylor's four-game win streak over Texas.

His designation is redshirt freshman, but Alaniz hasn't shown any of the green you expect from a young college pitcher. He's 6-3 this season and his former Pirates pitching coach isn't surprised.

89 strikeouts in 94 innings of work, punctuated by a 91 pitch, no hitter against Oklahoma back in April. Cory Nix has watched all of it with admiration and pride. Alaniz's former pitching coach can't wait to see Adrian take the mound against Baylor Saturday night.

"This will probably be the biggest game he's ever pitched in and I think he'll handle it as he's handled every situation," Nix said. "They better be ready for the slider, slider and curve balls. You'll probably see him set them up with some off speed stuff and come back with his fast ball. They're going to see a focused pitcher who's going to be tough to beat I think."

"This is what we've been working for the whole year is getting to play in the college world series. I think all the hard work is starting to pay off and all the excitement is flowing through us. We're all ready to go out and play some baseball," said Alaniz.

Pitching in pressure situations has always been Alaniz's strong suit, but Nix thinks his ability to concentrate with runners on base has gotten even better.

"There's just something about him. When he gets into these jams there's a little more zip on the fast ball, the curve ball. The sliders break a little more. He gets himself into a zone and he's not going to let runners score," Nix said.

"It's been very exciting for me and my parents and everybody else. It's just good to be playing baseball at UT right now," Alaniz said.

Alaniz has thrown 130 pitches or more in several starts this season but hasn't shown signs of wear. Nix said Adrian just wants the baseball and he'll get it Saturday night at 6:00 PM in Omaha.

All content © Copyright 2002 - 2005 WorldNow and KRIS. All Rights Reserved.

District303aPastPlayer
06-16-2005, 11:32 AM
good article, but isnt Nix no longer with Sinton ISD?

AP Panther Fan
06-16-2005, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
good article, but isnt Nix no longer with Sinton ISD?

that's true, but they still interviewed him as Adrien's former pitching coach.

Is Corey Nix from Ingleside originally? I think he graduated from there anyway...if it is the same Corey Nix, I went to school with his brother, Steven.

pirate4state
06-16-2005, 11:40 AM
Nice article! Art Mack liking us can't be a good sign! :doh: :D

AP Panther Fan
06-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Nice article! Art Mack liking us can't be a good sign! :doh: :D

true...try to watch the 6:00 news, they actually interviewed Adrian outside of Disch-Faulk field.

rhs78
06-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Very good article,this young man is a very good pitcher now, whats he going to be like over the next few years???

Good luck Adrain, GO HORNS

Bandera YaYa
06-16-2005, 01:25 PM
I know I'll be watching him!!! Hook 'EM !!!!! :clap: :D :clap:

Phil C
06-16-2005, 02:05 PM
A lot of people may not know it but he was also an outstanding batter while at Sinton and consistently hit home runs. I think know if they ever found the ball that he hit over at Aviator field against Falfurrias.

sinton66
06-16-2005, 03:04 PM
I'm somewhat surprized they aren't using Adrian as Sinton did. Both of our pitchers also played shortstop, so when one was pitching, the other was at shortstop. Adrian is a good enough batter to be in the lineup somewhere. His senior year he hit .460, and highschool career batting avaerage was over .400 I believe.