PDA

View Full Version : 3A Softball Job openings

registered
06-16-2005, 07:09 AM
Just wondering which 3A softball jobs have come open and who has filled their openings. Some that I saw that were listed are below. These are just the ones that have been posted on the THSCA and TGCA websites since the middle of May. Sure seems like a lot of schools on here. Wonder if there will be any more posted between now and the time school starts.

Levelland
Decatur
Gonzales
Crockett
LaGrange
Pearsall
Breckenridge
Monahans
Borger
Wharton
Raymondville
Navasota
Bellville
Hempstead
Huffman
Tyler Chapel Hill
Muleshoe
Trinity
Edna
Cotulla
San Diego

Phil C
06-16-2005, 08:42 AM
I wonder what happened to the Pearsall coach. He led his team into several games into the playoffs.

pirate4state
06-16-2005, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I wonder what happened to the Pearsall coach. He led his team into several games into the playoffs.
He was voted Mayor. :rolleyes:

Phil C
06-16-2005, 08:47 AM
Also Raymondville and Wharton are listed and they had success too. I wonder what is going on. :confused:

18handicap
06-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Wharton coach is going to Marble Falls as head SB coach. I think Wharton is hiring from within. The former head SB coach was also the DC in football and that is more of a priority there right now I would think.

I looked at Raymondville on the THSCA and it said head volleyball and a possibility of head softball.

Chapel Hill's coach was commuting I believe 70 miles each way and found a job closer to her home.

Navasota is open because she took the job at Bellville and Bellville's former head SB coach is going full time administration.

Borger coach took a head SB job in Putnam City, Oklahoma at a 5A school there.

Monahans coach went somewhere near Amarillo I think.

LaGrange coach retired from coaching to be able to watch her children play sports in junior high and high school

KATS
06-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Add Tarkington to the list.
YOung team and returning almost all starters.

Contact wfortune@tarkington.isd.esc4.net

lepfan
06-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by 18handicap

LaGrange coach retired from coaching to be able to watch her children play sports in junior high and high school

Retired? More like resigned. She might not like it if you made her sound older than she was. (She is under 40 :) )

Her son is still in elementary school.

3afan
06-16-2005, 01:06 PM
i heard Kaufman hired cassie blackwood, 2000 grad of forney and 2005 grad of southern ark

GOFOR2
06-16-2005, 06:38 PM
the La Grange job looks pretty sweet!!

KTJ
06-16-2005, 08:28 PM
Someone with knowledge please apply at Gainesville. I don't care if they have a coach....just do it!

GOFOR2
06-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
Someone with knowledge please apply at Gainesville. I don't care if they have a coach....just do it!

LMAO. That is way too funny.

18handicap
06-17-2005, 01:48 PM
Orange Grove is posted as of today.......

Phil C
06-17-2005, 01:55 PM
I wonder why Orange Grove is posted. They did well and got into the playoffs and were at one time ranked 7th in the state.

18handicap
06-18-2005, 09:38 AM
I think that OG coach may have taken job in Houston area. My sources tell me Huffman.

GOFOR2
06-18-2005, 10:13 AM
Huffman might be just a little bit better of a job than the Orange Grove gig.

18handicap
06-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Moneywise for sure......

Old Cardinal
06-19-2005, 12:00 AM
Over at 4A LCM, Coach Tom Wooley retired. Young 25 year old Robin Voss that has turned the 5A West Brook team around has taken the job. She is a bright aggressive skilled Coach and is the daughter of Tommy Voss who is quite instrumental in the phenomenal development of the giant Select Team Tournaments. It is my understanding that the Coach at 6A TAPPS Kelly private school (State Champions this year)has accepted the job at West Brook, Beaumont.

The LaGrange team is stout with returnees led by Kimmy Lee at Pitching and she is only a Junior. That would be an excellent assignment for someone!

There is a giant 16 & U and also 18 & U Select Team Tournament going on in Beaumont this weekend. There are many of the best teams from Oklahoma, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas playing. The college Scouts were really there. Even little Junior Colleges had Scouts there joining the major colleges. It was interesting in that they were scanning the premium prospects that were 14 to 16 years of age because the older girls are mostly scholarship committed. Of course they cannot approach the younger youth with college offers but they want to observe them and take notes for future reference.
Some good games took place today: Orange Crush 16 & U upset the touted New Orleans VooDoo team. Roudy (16 & U) from the Golden Triangle handled a top Mississippi team. Beaumont Blast Red (14 & U) played up in the 16 & U and beat the once National Champ Gulf Coast Breakers 4-0. They also played the touted "best 16 & U composite team from Oklahoma" The young Beaumont Blast Red team lost 2-1 but Emily Kennon was outstanding at pitching against top OK girls 3 years older than her and her team members. Most all of these Blast girls played for various local 3A teams as Freshman this past SB season and many were All District 1st team, 2 team, or Honorable Mention--one even from Vinton Louisiana.

18handicap
06-20-2005, 11:53 AM
ttt

registered
06-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Huffman is filled with the Orange Grove coach.
Wharton filled from within.
Tarkington is open.
Trinity ISD is open.
Hempstead is open.

My sources also tell me that Sweeny is about to open. Maybe 18 can enlighten all of us about that pretty soon.

registered
06-24-2005, 08:53 AM
ttt

Well 18, any news? You've been very quiet on here lately. That's unusual for you!!

GOFOR2
06-24-2005, 08:59 AM
he's prolly been busy packing. Give the guy a break.

18handicap
06-24-2005, 11:00 AM
Looks like a lot of ya'll are probably right. Yes, I am unpacking from working at A&M softball camp, and possibly packing for other trips.........when I know what is exactly going on, I will let everyone know. 18

18handicap
06-25-2005, 12:07 AM
The suspense is building........what will I do?????????