PDA

View Full Version : If Jasper has to play Burnet

mwisnews
11-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Jasper has no play selection at all. What they do is direct snap to the running back, QB draw, handoff to the running back, and QB option all from the shotgun. When they do pass it is either a long bomb or a designed screen. Waco Conally defense ran a 3-4 so no wonder Jasper got all that running room. They weren't all that big and fast, so Jasper just ran all night. I saw that against Waco Conally. On defense they really can't defend against the pass. Yes, they made an interception, but they got beat almost the whole game and that quarterback didn't throw any long bombs. Jasper got tore up by Waco Conally by the running, but couldn't freakin score when they needed to. If Waco Conally ACTUALLY did a goal line formation instead of being in the shotgun all the time they could of scored, but that was in the PAST.

Jasper: if Burnet does win you better being playing the best game of your life. Those fumbles didn't hurt you, but against Burnet it will. Wharton got a day in advance to prepare and still Burnet just killed them. Yeah, Wharton did score 37 points, but the game was already over at half time 44-17. You know they will be a faster, experienced, stronger, and more disciplined team that you probably faced all year. you better get a better play selection or this game is over at half like last year. I don't care if you do have all that speed it doesn't work against a disciplined team. I am not taking any thing away from you. You have a good school and a great football team. Your town has overcome all that negative media. Having the KKK and the black panthers come during that trial was bad enough, but the town stuck through it all. I am proud of a town like that, but Burnet has the experience and the determination this year. Maybe you can win next year.

Burnet: Just keep doing what your doing. The defense will get a tune up and come out better. Sinton has lost most of their players to graduation and Sinton has lost 4 games. Just don't ever be cocky and keep it up. I bet your mad you didn't get the Alamodome, but you can still take that out to the football field. You showed great poise when McGee threw 3 interceptions and that didn't rattle you and still you played with good tenacity. Burnet if you do play Jasper they have no play selection what so ever like what I said earlier that's all they do. Burnet if you do win these two games you will have either Gainesville if they beat Forney or probably Forney. All I got got say is keep up the good work. If you do have to play Jasper, they will probably being playing in Huntsville. Just be careful of the turf it injured 3 of the Waco Conally players.

JasperDog94
11-23-2003, 11:29 PM
mwisnews, it sure took you a lot of words to say that you don't think much of Jasper's play selection or that you don't think much of Jasper period. We all know what you think of Jasper. No need to keep posting... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Chris Hart
11-23-2003, 11:33 PM
Ditto that JasperDog94!

sinton66
11-23-2003, 11:34 PM
With friends like him (mwisnews), who needs enemas, eh JasperDog94?

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 10:45 PM: Message edited by: sinton66 ]</small>

mwisnews
11-23-2003, 11:35 PM
That's all I saw Friday night. Direct snap, QB draw, QB option, Handoff, a few long passes, a few screen passes and that was it. I was there. Plus, you still had those mistakes. You did the same plays and I actually predicted what happened. In fact, your first pass play that guy was so wide open and the QB just hanged that ball up in there. When you do pass its long balls or screens. On the few completed passes I saw that's what you did.

<small>[ November 23, 2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: mwisnews ]</small>

Hupernikomen
11-23-2003, 11:41 PM
mwisnews:
That's all I saw Friday night. Direct snap, QB draw, QB option, Handoff, a few long passes, a few screen passes and that was it. I was there. Plus, you still had those mistakes. You did the same plays and I actually predicted what happened. In fact, your first pass play that guy was so wide open and the QB just hanged that ball up in there. When you do pass its long balls or screens. On the few completed passes I saw that's what you did.same ole crap from you everytime you post.

98Eagle
11-23-2003, 11:47 PM
mwisnews, what is it that makes you dislike Jasper so much? After the past couple of games that they've won, you come on here and tell them how they will never win in the next round playing like they did the previous game. They keep on winning so they must be doing something right. JMHO

JasperDog94
11-24-2003, 12:03 AM
I was also at the game. I saw what happened. Yes, Jasper does need to eliminate some mistakes. Anyone who knows anything about Burnet this year knows that to beat them, you need to play close to perfect and hope they make some mistakes. BUT, like it was said earlier, all Jasper does is win. It doesn't matter if it's by 1 or 100. They still advance.

As to your comments about the play selection. Jasper has always had and probably always will have a great running attack. It's their strength. BUT, they are multi-dimensional in their running attack. Would I like to see Jasper pass more? Yes. But, like Coach Royal used to say..."You gotta dance with the one that brung you."

mwisnews
11-24-2003, 12:08 AM
I don't dislike them, but if a good defense knows what same exact plays they will know what to do. I wish Jasper could mix it up a little.

mwisnews
11-24-2003, 12:23 AM
I know Jasper will beat most teams, but since they did that last year, Burnet knew what to expect. Jasper is a good team, but you can't do that against Burnet.

j_dog
11-24-2003, 12:34 AM
mwisnews:
I don't dislike them, but if a good defense knows what same exact plays they will know what to do. I wish Jasper could mix it up a little.mwisnews, the Dogs probably could benefit from your analysis, so thanks. Maybe the Jasper coaches will take your advice. But, seriously, why do you care whether Jasper runs or passes or mixes it up, wins or loses? You are not from Jasper are you? More directly, where ARE you from? :)

bearkatdad
11-24-2003, 10:10 AM
I'm not sure why this mwisnews is so 'anti-Jasper, but he is another one of those 'coulda,shoulda,woulda' people. Sounds as tho he has a BS in coaching/analyzing. football...at least it appears to be BS to me.
Besides, we need to concentrate on Manor.
Jasper 27
Manor 10

mechanic
11-24-2003, 07:33 PM
You get em Bearkatdad, this guy sure spends alot of time bashing our plays but when we are in town playing & winning he is in the stands. Kinda like on TV if you don`t like what`s on the channel turn it off. Get the hint MWISNEWS.

J-town Hustler
11-24-2003, 07:36 PM
Maybe the reason they kept running, was because it worked? If you find something that hurts them, you would keep doing it right?

mwisnews
11-24-2003, 07:44 PM
Well duh they run because it works, but if they have to face Burnet it is going to change. Burnet usually killed running teams. Yeah, they could beat many teams, but not Burnet if they do that play selection.

J-town Hustler
11-24-2003, 07:47 PM
Over the past two weeks, I have seen an addition of plays to the Jasper offense. We have made it far if you look at what we did before the past couple of weeks. I think that we will have a good variety before we play Burnet.

bulldogman
11-24-2003, 07:54 PM
It is never a good coaching move to use more of the playbook than you need, to advance. It may be that your coach would like to surprise Burnet with a different game plan than what they will see on film. Just a thought.

J-town Hustler
11-24-2003, 07:55 PM
That is a very good point bulldogman.

A quote from Enemy of the State comes to mind: "You are either incredibly smart, or incredibly stupid"

We either have yet to reveil our plans, or we haven't any plans to reveil.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 06:56 PM: Message edited by: J-town Hustler ]</small>

whatusay2
11-24-2003, 08:50 PM
It's too early to be talking about Burnet. We still have Manor and Burnet still has Sinton. One week at a time...

Haunta Yo
11-24-2003, 09:22 PM
mwisnews:
Well duh they run because it works, but if they have to face Burnet it is going to change. Burnet usually killed running teams. Yeah, they could beat many teams, but not Burnet if they do that play selection.Everman's play selection was pretty run oriented in last year's final and it worked for them. No offense intended - just an observation.

bevo
11-24-2003, 10:41 PM
mwisnews:
Jasper has no play selection at all. What they do is direct snap to the running back, QB draw, handoff to the running back, and QB option all from the shotgun. When they do pass it is either a long bomb or a designed screen. Waco Conally defense ran a 3-4 so no wonder Jasper got all that running room. They weren't all that big and fast, so Jasper just ran all night. I saw that against Waco Conally. On defense they really can't defend against the pass. Yes, they made an interception, but they got beat almost the whole game and that quarterback didn't throw any long bombs. Jasper got tore up by Waco Conally by the running, but couldn't freakin score when they needed to. If Waco Conally ACTUALLY did a goal line formation instead of being in the shotgun all the time they could of scored, but that was in the PAST.

msnews...though that I would get in on here and spread...say my opinion too. For what ever it's worth, you have to take into consideration that Jasper has lost 30+ lettermen this past year. So in reality, they are in a rebuilding year...to some extent. They are pretty much what you would call a veteran JV ball club. Most schools would give anything to be able to staff a varsity year after year to be as competitive as Jasper has been throughout the years. For the last 26 years they have been competitive in the class 4A ranks...Now 3A ranks.

Don't knock Connally for what they did or didn't do either. They play the way as everyone else does...that gets them to that position. Most of the times when teams deviate from what got them there, they get blowed out.

So if you have a problem with the Dogs and their years past, so be it (maybe it was a spanking the dogs put on your team in the past...so what)...get off the these young J-Dogs case!!! Anything is possible with any team. All they need is the opportunity to have a chance. These young dogs have that chance. What they do with that chance remains to be seen...Who knows at this point.

I'm sure the dog fans down home will save you some fresh crow!!!How do you like it, well done or or a little red in the middle?

Go Dogs beat Manor!!!

Hupernikomen
11-24-2003, 11:00 PM
mwisnews:
Well duh they run because it works, but if they have to face Burnet it is going to change. Burnet usually killed running teams. Yeah, they could beat many teams, but not Burnet if they do that play selection.If Jasper is to have a prayer of winning against Burnet (if they get the chance to play Burnet)they had better run the ball, and run the ball, and run the ball. 10-12 play drives that chew up very large chunks of time. Then Jasper has to "catch" some breaks on defense. I have no problem thinking Jasper can score against any team, but I do worry about them stopping the pass. Scoring points on Burnet isn't near the problem that stopping them from scorin 60-70 will be.

<small>[ November 24, 2003, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: Hupernikomen ]</small>

J-town Hustler
11-24-2003, 11:06 PM
The pass really hurt us against WC. Some of the runs also. If Burnet is as good as they were last year, I fear that they will pass all over us. Hopefully the coaches know what they are doing. Before Burnet though, we need to go take care of Manor.

BurnetBandRules
11-24-2003, 11:16 PM
Hupernikomen:

mwisnews:
Well duh they run because it works, but if they have to face Burnet it is going to change. Burnet usually killed running teams. Yeah, they could beat many teams, but not Burnet if they do that play selection.If Jasper is to have a prayer of winning against Burnet (if they get the chance to play Burnet)they had better run the ball, and run the ball, and run the ball. 10-12 play drives that chew up very large chunks of time. Then Jasper has to "catch" some breaks on defense. I have no problem thinking Jasper can score against any team, but I do worry about them stopping the pass. Scoring points on Burnet isn't near the problem that stopping them from scorin 60-70 will be.Unless Burnet is in a close game at half, then don't look for them to be passin' all around. I have notices that mainly the only times that the score runs up is when we need to keep a good distance between points to keep the game which is a good strategy to use if capable, which Burnet is very capable of. Any team can stop the pass, but focusing on TRYING to stop it leave recievers wide open and if a chance opens up then McGee will throw.

J-town Hustler
11-24-2003, 11:19 PM
One game at a time...

BurnetBandRules
11-24-2003, 11:29 PM
AMen!

j_dog
11-25-2003, 01:41 AM
J-town Hustler:
One game at a time...Yes, Manor first. But if Jasper wins, and Burnet wins, it will be that Jasper GETS to play Burnet, not "has to". It would be a privilege to play the number one team in 3a and Jasper will be working their butts off this week to try to earn that privilege. :)

OldSchoolBulldog
11-25-2003, 01:43 AM
If Jasper has to play Burnet:

Hey,I have a suggestion.........

Jasper Coaching staff you might think about scouting Burnet this time. I hear they are good.

Here's another suggestion.......Try developing a game that goes beyond just pushing your players out onto the field and saying "go for it".

One last thing........
Try a blitz, maybe once or twice. Particularly, if the quarterback is hoping around on one leg. You know that just might work

Sorry about the tone. But, as you can tell, I believe the coaching staff really did the Jasper players a dis-service during last year's playoff game against Burnet.

j_dog
11-25-2003, 01:56 AM
OldSchoolBulldog:
If Jasper has to play Burnet:

Hey,I have a suggestion.........

Jasper Coaching staff you might think about scouting Burnet this time. I hear they are good.

....Good point. I wonder how many Jasper games Burnet scouted last year? It wouldn't surprise me if it was several more than Jasper did of them. Burnet sure played like they knew what to expect. :rolleyes: