PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Gilmer, Texas...

Gobbla2001
06-15-2005, 09:01 PM
anyone recognize this sign?

http://www.ilovebacon.com/061505/onestop.jpg

ha

44INAROW
06-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

ha

Oh man, my mind is working overtime on smarta$$ replies lol.........:devil:

CHS_CG
06-15-2005, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Oh man, my mind is working overtime on smarta$$ replies lol.........:devil:

lol.. my mind gave up..

i feel old:(

Matthew328
06-15-2005, 09:51 PM
wow

lostaussie
06-16-2005, 08:56 PM

ha dude, that was cold. maybe i should come visit your little town and see what i might find. by the way, it's out of buisness now.

CHS_CG
06-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
dude, that was cold. maybe i should come visit your little town and see what i might find. by the way, it's out of buisness now.

WHOA! somebody needs to chill out some! Its just a lil joke... take ur panties out of a wad!

lostaussie
06-16-2005, 09:23 PM
oh, i'm alright. i forgive but i don't forget.

CHS_CG
06-16-2005, 09:25 PM
oh, i'm alright. i forgive but i don't forget.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

GreenMonster
06-16-2005, 10:03 PM

ha

You'll have to ask LostAussie about rear entries, I heard he was a regular. :D

Ranger Mom
06-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
You'll have to ask LostAussie about rear entries, I heard he was a regular. :D

LOL!! :clap: :clap:

Gobbla2001
06-16-2005, 11:27 PM
dude, that was cold. maybe i should come visit your little town and see what i might find. by the way, it's out of buisness now.

Go complain to these people: www.ilovebacon.com

I look at their pictures all of the time, and if I can find any clean enough to post here I do, and if there are ones posted that mention the picture was taken in Texas, I post them...

Grow up dude, and most importantly, grow a sense of humor...

CHS_CG
06-16-2005, 11:29 PM
:clap: wtg D:clap:

44INAROW
06-17-2005, 07:47 AM

Please do come on down, we'll put some shrimp on the barbie for ya, mate :D I am sure there is a picture or two to be laughed at down here too. Lighten up for heaven's sake

nutcrackin
06-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Cuero... where the men are men and the sheep are scared....baaaaaaa.

When will english officially be instituted as the primary language?

You can always tell a Cueroite... just not much.

District303aPastPlayer
06-17-2005, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by nutcrackin

son, i hate to tell you, but the first line is often associated with CS.
english as a primary language is just not funny... especially since we live in one of the most diverse nations in the world. lastly, thats last line was just not funny... when you step your game up, then we might take notice, other than that, consider this your dismisal

nutcrackin
06-17-2005, 11:30 AM
District 303:
Diverse is right... there is nothing wrong with it.. but english should be the primary language in NORTH AMERICA....this isn't central or south america...
any way... Eu falo portuguese. Eu teno viente y uno anos. what 2 countries in south america speak portuguese since your knowledge on both humor and diversity is so esteemed????

44INAROW
06-17-2005, 11:33 AM

Wow- this is going to be good..... who p***** in your Post Toasties?

District303aPastPlayer
06-17-2005, 11:36 AM
i know for sure brazil, and i want to say Uraguay

District303aPastPlayer
06-17-2005, 11:37 AM
now the question to you is do you knwo why all of south america doesnt speak only spanish, but instead both spanish and portuguese

nutcrackin
06-17-2005, 01:24 PM
of coarse... i lived in Fortaleza, which is 150 km south of where the Amazon empties into the Atlantic... i have been to Rio and Sao Paulo.. The Portuguese where the first and best navigators, explorers and tradesmen. The Spanish, Colombus and company, learned from the Portuguese which settled Brazil and but Paraguay, you are correct, is predominately Brasileros that relocted..

Ranger Mom
06-17-2005, 01:26 PM
:thinking: Wow...for some reason, I could have sworn this thread was about Gilmer....;)

District303aPastPlayer
06-17-2005, 01:29 PM
i was taught that the pope divided south america in half that way the spanish and portuguese wouldnt fight over the land... brazil and paraguay were given to Portugal and the rest of South America was for Spain to have.

nutcrackin
06-17-2005, 01:33 PM
southern Brazil is predominatly white or light skin because of the infiltration of Germans following the WWII fall. They left Europe to flee the sanctions for war crimes. The north is more of the tribal region.

District303aPastPlayer
06-17-2005, 01:38 PM
i see that, but i am talking more along the lines of the either the 1500s or the 1800s with the division of the continent.

nutcrackin
06-17-2005, 01:41 PM
History
Prior to discovery and settlement by Europeans, the region was sparsely inhabited by diverse Indian tribes.
1500 - Portuguese Admiral Pedro Alvares Cabral, first European to reach Brazil, initiating Portuguese colonization.
1808 - Portuguese king, fleeing Napoleon's army, transfers seat of gov't. from Lisbon to colony of Brazil.
1815 - Dom Joao VI declares Brazil a kingdom, equal with Portugal.
1822 - Dom Joao returns to Portugal; his son, Pedro, declares Brazil an independent empire and assumes throne as emperor.
1888 - Slavery of black Africans abolished.
1889 - Second emperor, Dom Pedro II, deposed, republic proclaimed.
1930 - Military coup; Getulio Vargas seizes power as dictator.
1954 - Democratic civilian rule restored.
1960 - Capital moved from Rio de Janeiro to new city of Brasilia.
1964 - Military coup; censorship imposed, political opposition quelled.
1967 - Present constitution adopted.
1985 - Civilian rule restored, Jose Sarney assumes presidency.
1989 - Brazil announces large-scale environmental plan for Amazon Basin to control destruction of this globally-important ecosystem.

CHS_CG
06-17-2005, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
:thinking: Wow...for some reason, I could have sworn this thread was about Gilmer....;)

oh you know how offseason is.. cant ever keep a thread on its first topic:rolleyes:

Ranger Mom
06-17-2005, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
oh you know how offseason is.. cant ever keep a thread on its first topic:rolleyes:

Ain't that the truth.......

but MAN...I absolutely HATED History when I was in school.

CHS_CG
06-17-2005, 01:46 PM

but MAN...I absolutely HATED History when U was in school.

I didnt know about history when YOU were in school...

:inlove:

nutcrackin
06-17-2005, 01:46 PM
The discovery of Brazil was preceded by a series of treaties between the kings of Spain and Portugal, the last of them is the Treaty of Tordesilhas, signed in 1494, creating the Tordesilhas Meridian, that divided the world between that two kingdoms. Every land discovered or to be discovered at east of that meridian was property of Portugal, and the land discovered or to be discovered at west of that meridian was property of Spain.
But the Portuguese found it while looking for a shorter passage to India for trade rather than going around Africa.

District303aPastPlayer
06-17-2005, 01:47 PM

but MAN...I absolutely HATED History when I was in school.
i loved it

CHS_CG
06-17-2005, 01:48 PM
hey nut.. what part of...

'THIS IS A GILMER THREAD' are you missing... if you and A wanna go back and forth with the history lessons.. IM or PM each other... stop usin this!

CHS_CG
06-17-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
i loved it

dont correct her.. she might not notice

Ranger Mom
06-17-2005, 04:37 PM
dont correct her.. she might not notice

Ha Ha Talena....I wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't said anything.

The above post made me think "notice what"?

So I had to go back and find my typo and edit!!:D

Gobbla2001
06-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Don't come on a thread and discuss 'proper english' when you spell 'cracking' 'crackin'...

CHS_CG
06-17-2005, 11:16 PM
Don't come on a thread and discuss 'proper english' when you spell 'cracking' 'crackin'...

lol d.. isnt he starting to sound like sic em!

Gobbla2001
06-18-2005, 12:27 AM
lol d.. isnt he starting to sound like sic em!

just a little... cuz he makes me 'sic'k....

nutcrackin
06-19-2005, 08:33 PM
Hey GobbStopper.... i hope you boyz down south get the chance to play Gilmer in the championship game...don't worry... the sign will only motivate...Can i ask you a more serious question? Would the Gobblets be considered Hens or Cocks?

44INAROW
06-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey GobbStopper.... i hope you boyz down south get the chance to play Gilmer in the championship game...don't worry... the sign will only motivate...Can i ask you a more serious question? Would the Gobblets be considered Hens or Cocks?

Nutcrakin

If you're going to try and slam Cuero/Gobblers, at least try to be original :doh:
You are taking the picture Gobbla posted way too personal. It was just a picture for heaven's sake. The majority of the people on this site have a sense of humor, you might try it sometime :weeping:

We're Back
06-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Would the Gobblets be considered Hens or Cocks? [/B]

the GOBBLERS are considered gobblers because a male turkey is a gobbler not a cock, as for hoping to play us, all i can say is grab a ticket and jump in line because you arent the only one ready to play the Gobblers

Gobbla2001
06-19-2005, 09:44 PM

They call them the Lady Gobblers for some reason, I dunno...

As for hoping Gilmer and Cuero play each other, I'd have no problem with that... There'd be two great teams playing each other...

Why make such a big deal about it when someone from your own town is the one who put the dang sign up...