PDA

View Full Version : Whatever happened to.....

Ranger Mom
06-15-2005, 04:09 PM
motel rooms for $39.99 a night??

I just lucked out and found what may be the last available motel room in Marble Falls for $89.99 a night.....and they cut me a "deal".

This is supposedly the cheapest motel in Marble Falls too!!

Has it been so long since I stayed in one that they are just all that expensive now or am I just a tightwad??

I have until 4:00PM Saturday to cancel and not be charged, so I am still looking at other options.

Any suggestions??

I'm seriously leaning toward a tent!

Phil C
06-15-2005, 04:17 PM
I am showing my age but at one time that was what Motel 6 stood for. It was $6 a night for a room. :(

44INAROW
06-15-2005, 04:19 PM
When we went to Kingsville for the golf tourney, I got rooms for $59.95, maybe they were offering some kind of "school discount". good luck :) is this for the rodeo?

Bandera YaYa
06-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Well......that is prob a decent price for one....i paid more than that just last month.....they are expensive!!!! :(

Ranger Mom
06-15-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
When we went to Kingsville for the golf tourney, I got rooms for $59.95, maybe they were offering some kind of "school discount". good luck :) is this for the rodeo?

Yes! I also found out there is a Harley Bike Rally going on in Marble Falls also! That could get pretty interesting...Bikers and Bullriders in the same town!!:D

They weren't gonna even give me a room til I told them I had 2 of the bullfighters and 2 of the bullriders coming with me...and it would be in their best interest if they gave me a room somewhere in the vicinity of the boys so I could keep an eye on them!:D

BHBrave08
06-15-2005, 04:26 PM
Hey, you just have to give in.:( My family and I just got back from vacation in Disney World. I know the prices are higher there but we just stayed in a big hotel for about $350 a night.:crazy:

Ranger Mom
06-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
Hey, you just have to give in.:( My family and I just got back from vacation in Disney World. I know the prices are higher there but we just stayed in a big hotel for about $350 a night.:crazy:

LOL!!

I gave in but I don't have to like it!!

My boss offered me the use of one of his bedrooms in his lakehouse, which is about 20 miles from Marble Falls. That would be great except he, his wife, his son and wife and 3 kids, and son-in-law and his 2 kids are all gonna be there.

I think I would rather be out the 90 bucks!!:D

Bandera YaYa
06-15-2005, 04:30 PM
Spend the $90 dollars .....cheap price for quiet!! :cool:

Ranger Mom
06-15-2005, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Spend the $90 dollars .....cheap price for quiet!! :cool:

Well............................daughter and her 2 friends are mulling over whether it would be worth their time or not to accompany me!!

BHBrave08
06-15-2005, 04:36 PM
I agree. A little peace and quiet helps sometimes.

Bandera YaYa
06-15-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Well............................daughter and her 2 friends are mulling over whether it would be worth their time or not to accompany me!! Well, that thought is shot to hell in a hand bag, then!!!!! :D

BHBrave08
06-15-2005, 04:38 PM
Ranger Mom.... You gonna play some fantasy football with us?

Ranger Mom
06-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
Ranger Mom.... You gonna play some fantasy football with us?

:( :( I don't know how!!:weeping: :weeping:

big daddy russ
06-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Try looking in Burnet. I know the hotels in most towns spike the prices of their rooms if there's some sort of convention coming through. On game days in College Station, the Motel 6 on Texas Avenue goes from $39.99 to $79.99. I'd say look at places just outside of town. A little farther drive could save you a few bucks.

BHBrave08
06-15-2005, 04:56 PM
Me either but hey i'm still playing. You should join.;)

Ranger Mom
06-15-2005, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Try looking in Burnet. I know the hotels in most towns spike the prices of their rooms if there's some sort of convention coming through. On game days in College Station, the Motel 6 on Texas Avenue goes from $39.99 to $79.99. I'd say look at places just outside of town. A little farther drive could save you a few bucks.

That's all well and good, but I would have a hard time keeping my eye on 4 cowboys (all of who are "of legal age" besides my son) if I stayed in another town.

They wanted me to go because they think I am "cool", what they don't realize is they may force me to put on my "mom hat"!:D

I may lose fans this weekend!:p

AggieJohn
06-15-2005, 08:07 PM

I just lucked out and found what may be the last available motel room in Marble Falls for $89.99 a night.....and they cut me a "deal".

Has it been so long since I stayed in one that they are just all that expensive now or am I just a tightwad??

I have until 4:00PM Saturday to cancel and not be charged, so I am still looking at other options.

Any suggestions??

PM me your details for where you want to be, i know some sites i can search around and look for a good deal for you

SintonFan
06-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Try this RM!
Tropical Hideaway (http://www.tropicalhideaway.com/tropical.htm)
We stayed there last year for our 10th anniversary and had a blast. Nothing like drinking margaritas under a tropical grass roof next to your own personal waterfall(remember the pics?).:D
Ask the owner if she'll give you a break since "those nice anniversary" folks sent you...
This is in Granite Shoals, about 5 minutes from Marble Falls.
Good luck RM!

44INAROW
06-15-2005, 09:14 PM
:( :( I don't know how!!:weeping: :weeping:

me either.. that's why I said I'd just be a spectator......

SintonFan
06-15-2005, 09:34 PM

Any suggestions??

I just got off the phone with Dina the owner at Tropical Hideaway and she can get you a much, MUCH nicer room for 10 bucks more!
There is a grill onsite and the beers were cheap...:D
She said call by the end of the morning.

Ranger Mom
06-16-2005, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I just got off the phone with Dina the owner at Tropical Hideaway and she can get you a much, MUCH nicer room for 10 bucks more!
There is a grill onsite and the beers were cheap...:D
She said call by the end of the morning.

Thanks SF...but this isn't a "vacation" for me. The rodeo won't be over til late, we are getting up early and heading back home. I just wanted a bed (preferably under $50.00).:)

20dawgs05 said if her parents weren't in town, I could stay with her. They might not like her bringing a 41 year old woman she met on the internet home with her to spend the night!:p

AP Panther Fan
06-16-2005, 08:34 AM
20dawgs05 said if her parents weren't in town, I could stay with her. They might not like her bringing a 41 year old woman she met on the internet home with her to spend the night!:p

You, Stalker You!:D :D :D

Thanks for the giggle this morning!

Ranger Mom
06-16-2005, 08:42 AM
LOL!!

If LHPantherMom lived closer, I would stay with her. She had said something to her son about it, and he was shocked she would even consider it.

She and I talked about how you would explain something like that to your kid......because we couldn't even begin to guage our reaction if we thought our kids were gonna do something like that!

:D

AP Panther Fan
06-16-2005, 09:22 AM
LOL!!

If LHPantherMom lived closer, I would stay with her. She had said something to her son about it, and he was shocked she would even consider it.

She and I talked about how you would explain something like that to your kid......because we couldn't even begin to guage our reaction if we thought our kids were gonna do something like that!

:D

So very true....I am constantly questioning my daughter about whether or not she is giving out ANY personal information over the internet.

You and LHPM have actually met though, right? AND you have been conversing via internet for years...AND you don't normally carry deadly weapons (axes, knives, chainsaws, guns etc) ....SO, I think she would be fairly safe. :D :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
06-16-2005, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
So very true....I am constantly questioning my daughter about whether or not she is giving out ANY personal information over the internet.

You and LHPM have actually met though, right? AND you have been conversing via internet for years...AND you don't normally carry deadly weapons (axes, knives, chainsaws, guns etc) ....SO, I think she would be fairly safe. :D :D :D

who carries an axe now a days anyways. its all about the small hatchet. easy to carry, and dispose of ;) :) :) ;)

Ranger Mom
06-16-2005, 09:31 AM

Actually....NO, we have never met....and we probably didn't start "conversing" much until the chatroom started up.

Although,we do have each others phone numbers and have talked to each other and texted each other on occasion!!:D

AP Panther Fan
06-16-2005, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
who carries an axe now a days anyways. its all about the small hatchet. easy to carry, and dispose of ;) :) :) ;)

Remind me not to hang out in Sinton after dark...especially near the HEB!;) :D :D

pirate4state
06-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Remind me not to hang out in Sinton after dark...especially near the HEB!;) :D :D

:evillaugh :evillaugh

Be very afraid... :eyetwitch :crazy: :evil: :p :D

AP Panther Fan
06-16-2005, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
Be very afraid... :eyetwitch :crazy: :evil: :p :D

hee he hee ... Aaron is just like a "big 'ol" Teddy Bear... until he steps on your feet during a football game!:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

District303aPastPlayer
06-16-2005, 12:00 PM
hee he hee ... Aaron is just like a "big 'ol" Teddy Bear... until he steps on your feet during a football game!:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

it was a very exciting time at the football game..

spiveyrat
06-16-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
the Motel 6 on Texas Avenue goes from $39.99 to $79.99.

...and they'll leave the light on for ya. ;)