PDA

View Full Version : It looks like Terri Schiavo's husband was right...

lepfan
06-15-2005, 11:20 AM
http://www.cnn.com/2005/HEALTH/06/15/schiavo.autopsy.ap/index.html

mwynn05
06-15-2005, 12:06 PM
Good.

Bandera YaYa
06-15-2005, 12:25 PM
Sure does.........so all you who believed he just wanted his "freedom" can take this and put it in your pipe and smoke it!!!!!!! He fought hard for her right to die with dignity, as she requested......we should all hope to have someone that loves us as much......

spiveyrat
06-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Die with dignity = starve to death?

:rolleyes: :(

Ranger Mom
06-15-2005, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by spiveyrat

If I understood the article...she died of dehydration!

Also, if I am understanding correctly, she didn't have any feelings or senses, therefore, she didn't feel any pain, hunger or otherwise!

HighSchool Fan
06-15-2005, 01:54 PM

maybe she didn't want to be a burden on everyone. if it was her last wish, then it is death with dignity.

BHBrave08
06-15-2005, 01:58 PM
I am just glad that the report came back saying she could feel anything. If she could have felt it it would have been awful.

spiveyrat
06-15-2005, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
maybe she didn't want to be a burden on everyone. if it was her last wish, then it is death with dignity.

We don't know that to be the absolute truth, though.

rockdale80
06-15-2005, 02:21 PM

Of course Tom Delay does, and that is why congress intervened. Right? Like there was no truth to her being in a vegetative state, and could have been rehabilitated. It is sad that she passed away, but let us all be honest and think about who would ever want to live like that.

HighSchool Fan
06-15-2005, 02:28 PM

your right, we don't, but maybe he does know the truth, that is all that matters in the end anyway.

rockdale80
06-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
your right, we don't, but maybe he does know the truth, that is all that matters in the end anyway.

scott....what has been going on with you? Anything new with you?

lepfan
06-15-2005, 02:30 PM

I tend to pretty much believe what the experts tell me.

CHS_CG
06-15-2005, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by rockdale80
scott....what has been going on with you? Anything new with you?

i know he goes to bed at 8:30 and doesnt talkto us any more lol

old man:D :p

rockdale80
06-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

Nothing wrong with going to bed early. I am usually there by ten or so.

spiveyrat
06-15-2005, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by lepfan
I tend to pretty much believe what the experts tell me.

Not me. An "expert" could be anyone. It could even be someone with an agenda. I'm a "prove it to me" kind of person.

HighSchool Fan
06-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG

your not preggo anymore, i won't feel so bad givin you a whoopin :D

Ranger Mom
06-15-2005, 02:42 PM
Not me. An "expert" could be anyone. It could even be someone with an agenda. I'm a "prove it to me" kind of person.

I gotcha.....but how would something like that be "proved"??

Brahma73
06-15-2005, 02:50 PM
Why do stories like this make national news?! An article I read said this event "divided the country." Are you kidding me?!?! Another liberal media hype job.:mad:

Thank God this woman is finally resting in peace.

spiveyrat
06-15-2005, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I gotcha.....but how would something like that be "proved"??

Not sure, RM.

That statement of mine you quoted was made more in a general sense though, NOT specific to this case.

In this case, I think there were too many unanswered questions to just let her die. When there are as many questions as there were surrounding this case, for the sake of justice, you have to err on the side of life. The danger here is when we start down the road of euthanasia, it just becomes easier and easier to "do away" with "undesirables".

rockdale80
06-15-2005, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Brahma73
Why do stories like this make national news?! An article I read said this event "divided the country." Are you kidding me?!?! Another liberal media hype job.:mad:

Thank God this woman is finally resting in peace.

Nice way of contradicting yourself. Blaming the liberals, and then saying "Thank God this woman is finally resting in peace." If I am correct it was the liberals who fought for Micheal to have the final say so in this case, and not let congress or any other conservative decide a family's fate when its not their business.

Bandera YaYa
06-15-2005, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by Brahma73

Thank God this woman is finally resting in peace. I'm with you......that poor woman would be sooooooo upset if she knew what had expired....let me correct something i posted earlier.....her husband TRIED to let her die with dignity.....others had different ideas.....May God bless her tortured soul.

mustang04
06-15-2005, 05:57 PM

"a prove it to me" kinda guy huh, hmmm, so if i loaded a 12 gauge shotgun and put it to ur head and said u had a 99.9999% chance of death, would u want me to prove it, of course u would cuz that percentage is a statistic, developed from research of deaths related to that, just like how the doctors explanations were from research of previous cases..u might call this analogy crazy, but so is the fact of trying to keep a woman alive who by numerous doctors had no possible recovery

lepfan
06-15-2005, 11:38 PM

I want it proven to me too....and in this case the "expert" did just that. :)

spiveyrat
06-16-2005, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
but so is the fact of trying to keep a woman alive who by numerous doctors had no possible recovery

Just because someone has, in your words (sort of) no possible hope of recovery... does that mean they have no right to life? Once we find that a baby/child has Downes Syndrome, do we just starve them to death? What about my 8 year old niece who is fed by a feeding tube who will never walk, talk, or ever be able to take care of herself? Should we just let her go too?

spiveyrat
06-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
I want it proven to me too....and in this case the "expert" did just that. :)

I realize that some of ya'll think I'm nuts for not believing this report from the "experts". But I seem to remember that Terry's husband had some sort of relationship with the officials charged with the autopsy. That, along with all the remaining questions around the whole situation still have me highly suspicious of him and his intentions.

With that said, I'm done with this topic.

lepfan
06-16-2005, 09:46 AM
What about my 8 year old niece who is fed by a feeding tube who will never walk, talk, or ever be able to take care of herself? Should we just let her go too?

NO!!!! My nephew was on a feeding tube for years before his death. He was not in a vegetative state like TS....but he could not take care of himself (no motor conrol whatsoever). He used his eyes to talk and answer yes/no questions. He had emotions....he felt joy and pain. We would have never disconnected his feeding tube just because he couldn't take care of himself.

He had cerebral palsy due to oxygen deprivation at birth (doctor and delivery nurse were at fault on this). From what I saw of TS on the television and my personal experience with my nephew they were two totally different cases.

This is like raising your children...what works with one will not work with another...they are individuals and should be dealt with like that. Each case of a brain damaged human is different and should be dealt with accordingly.

LH Panther Mom
06-16-2005, 10:04 AM
We all have differing views on the struggles the entire family went through & the final outcome. Don't let it turn political again or the thread will be locked. :)

AggieJohn
06-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We all have differing views on the struggles the entire family went through & the final outcome. Don't let it turn political again or the thread will be locked. :) just another day on the job huh, LHPM

lepfan
06-16-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
We all have differing views on the struggles the entire family went through & the final outcome. Don't let it turn political again or the thread will be locked. :)

Exactly...we never know what we will do until we are put in that situation. Again, every situation is different! It is easy for us to sit on the outside and look in while making comments on what we would do and what they should have done. Bottom line is you don't know until you live it!!! Political views and statements have no place here. We are all entitled to our opinions --- that is not to say what we think is right. (it is only our opinion) Truthfully, if I were in their shoes I don't know what I would have done! Sometimes I think the right thing was done...and then again, sometimes I think he should have given rights back to her parents...so you might say I am somewhat wishy-washy.