PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport Offensive Line

BullBacker
09-17-2002, 09:23 PM
I thought this would be a key to how good the Bulls would be this year. They only returned 2 starters on the O-line and with that many holes to fill I wasnt sure what we would have. I have to say after playing Pilot Point who blitzed alot, I am very impressed with line. They have been excellent at pass blocking and surprisingly good opening up holes for the running game. In three games Daughtery has only went down a handful of times, I know some of credit goes to Daughtery's ability to move around in the pocket but the O-line deserves alot of credit. Slpybear, being a former lineman yourself what is your assesment thus far?

eye of the tiger
09-17-2002, 09:32 PM
The line must be doing something right. Bridgeport is on a roll and as good as Daugherty is, he needs some protection. They seem to be providing that protection.

PPHSfan
09-17-2002, 09:36 PM
If Bridgeport has a weakness at all it would have to be the line on the other side of the ball. But they have the DB's LB's CB's and safety to carry the load. Bridgeport has a good team period.

slpybear the bullfan
09-17-2002, 10:04 PM
Bullbacker,

It is funny because they are playing so well that you don't notice them much... i.e. they keep PD throwing the ball and off the ground.

I was impressed with PPoints DLine and their size. However, the Bulls Oline did a great job of keeping PD upright and tossing the ball.

Yeah PPHSfan, my concern is for the DLine of the Bulls. But I will continue to give them 'til district to see how well they come together as a defensive unit. BTW, Caleb Hurd really is having a tremendous year in the Defensive backfield, kudos to him.

Bullbacker, do you post on the 'pig, (aka allsports.com)?

slpybear

The One
09-19-2002, 10:53 PM
They have played good, but I will hold comment for 4 weeks from now as the Bulls will be tested in the weeks to come!

bigbullbacker
09-20-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by The One:
They have played good, but I will hold comment for 4 weeks from now as the Bulls will be tested in the weeks to come!Hey I dont have to wait LOL
GO HOGGS......Stats dont lie lol.....John Madden once said if your going to build a football team start with O-line.......See ya at the game bye

this is the way we ball
09-20-2002, 02:21 PM
All I ever hear about is Daughtery...Does he call the plays or the coach??? They must have some good coaches or is Daughter so good he doesn't need coaching?

The One
09-20-2002, 02:25 PM
Obviously The Offensive coordinater calls the plays, but Daughtery does read the defenses at the line and regulary calls an audible.

PPHSfan
09-20-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by this is the way we ball:
All I ever hear about is Daughtery...Does he call the plays or the coach??? They must have some good coaches or is Daughter so good he doesn't need coaching?

Call the plays? Are you kidding? They only have one play...shotgun to Daugherty..Daugherty throw to the open reciever. :-)

slpybear the bullfan
09-20-2002, 11:33 PM
Heh Heh, well PPHSfan, sometimes it does seem like that, but Coach Henson is slipping a little something new in each week. You can start to see him getting all the cylinders tuned for the district run.

BTW, the Bulls ran the ball well tonight, although they should have since they outmatched Boyd by a lot.

slpybear

The One
09-20-2002, 11:36 PM
Slpybear did the pressure on the QB in the second half scare you tonite? By the way shout out to Turbo P tonite, good game. Seen you taking some leadership out their tonite, good job!