PDA

View Full Version : just heard Traylor on the radio

lostaussie
06-14-2005, 08:31 PM
On my way home from work today, heard Gilmer's coach Jeff Traylor on the radio with David Smoak. Looks like the Buckeyes are throwing in the towel on 2005 season. Not being ranked by DCTF has demoralized the entire team and they are giving up. Seriously, anyone who thinks the Buckeyes are not one of the 25 best teams in the state needs to get a grip. Am I promising a state championship. By no means. Too much luck involved. Going by who we loose means that homework was not done. Gilmer could have beaten a number of teams worse if not for the coaching staff giving a whole lot of younger players ample playing time. Every week the coaches had a game plan based on how many scores it would take to win the game. Only Spring Hill, Pittsburg, and Jasper even stayed close to us. The number chosen in the championship game was 56. Pretty prophetic huh? Except for some extra points we would have needed them all. My point is that even though the rankings are fun too talk about, they don't mean a heck of alot. In the end we will be around, maybe not the lead dog this time, but I believe we will have something to say about who is.

DawgFan91
06-14-2005, 10:53 PM
What do you mean by the number chosen in the championship game was 56?

Gobbla2001
06-14-2005, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by DawgFan91
What do you mean by the number chosen in the championship game was 56?

I'm guessing, after 'reading' the post, that the coaches figured they'd have to score 56 points to win the game, so that was the goal (AKA: The number chosen) for their offense...

Hupernikomen
06-15-2005, 12:12 AM
Gilmer was so loaded last year and lost a whole lot of talent, but to not rank them in the top 25 is certainly a slap in the face to the Buckeyes. They certainly have the respect of this Jasper fan.

lostaussie
06-15-2005, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by DawgFan91
What do you mean by the number chosen in the championship game was 56? coaches thought it would take 56 to win the game. they new jasper would put points on the board. they had plenty of respect for your offense before game ever started. i'm assuming they had much more when it was over.

spiveyrat
06-15-2005, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by Hupernikomen
Gilmer was so loaded last year and lost a whole lot of talent, but to not rank them in the top 25 is certainly a slap in the face to the Buckeyes. They certainly have the respect of this Jasper fan.

Indeed!

HighSchool Fan
06-15-2005, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by lostaussie
coaches thought it would take 56 to win the game. they new jasper would put points on the board. they had plenty of respect for your offense before game ever started. i'm assuming they had much more when it was over.

sounds like the coaches didn't help put confidence in his defense if he said his offense had to score 56. as good as an opponet is, you shouldn't tell your team that your defence is probably gonna give up 55 points.

Gobbla2001
06-15-2005, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
sounds like the coaches didn't help put confidence in his defense if he said his offense had to score 56. as good as an opponet is, you shouldn't tell your team that your defence is probably gonna give up 55 points.

I was kind of thinking the same thing...

Then again, 16-0 say enough...

Txbroadcaster
06-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan

Or maybe he was motivating the defense..Or maybe he was just being honest with both sides of the ball.

lostaussie
06-15-2005, 08:10 PM
maybe they not tell defense. i not privy to that info.