PDA

View Full Version : The Mighty 7!!

Phil C
06-14-2005, 04:46 PM
These are our seven UT ladies that won the 2005 NCAA Outdoor Track and Field National Championship. Everyone of the 7 ladies that went there contributed to our championship. UT got first with 55 points while UCLA and South Carolina tied for second with 48 points each.
Scoring for UT were the following:
Marshevet Hooker first in 100m 10 points
Marshevet Hooker second in long jump 8 points
Michelle Carter second in shot put 8 points
Melanie Walker 5th in 400 m hurdles 5 points
Ashley Williams 6th in 100 m hurdles 3 points
Jerrika Chapple 8th in 400 meters 1 point
4X100 relay first 10 points (LaTashia Kerr, Melane Walker, Jerrika Chapple and Marshevet Hooker)
4X400 relay first 10 points (Sheretta Jones, Melaine Walker, LaTashia Kerr and Jackie Chapple)

Individual points (2 1/2 for each relay member) are as follows:

Marshevet Hooker 20 1/2
Melaine Walker 10
Michelle Carter 8
Jerrika Chapple 6
LaTashia Kerr 5
Ashlee Williams 3
Sheretta Jones 2 1/2

All are juniors except for Hooker, Carter and Chapple who are sophomores. :)

Great Job Ladies both individually and team wise! The mighty 7!!
National Champions!!

AP Panther Fan
06-14-2005, 04:51 PM
LOL...I thought this thread was going to be about an old movie.:D

Guess that would have been "The Magnificent Seven" not "The Mighty 7" :rolleyes: Oh well :D

Phil C
06-15-2005, 09:27 AM
I did do a little checkup and The Magnificien Seven which stars Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Eli Wallach and James Coborn is on tv this month. You can catch it this coming Sunday at 1 AM on TNT or on Saturday June 25 at 4:30 P.M. on TCM. If you can't watch it at those times you can set your vcrs. It is also available at public libraries and movie rental stores. It is a great western and a magnificient movie indeed.

AP Panther Fan
06-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
I did do a little checkup and The Magnificien Seven which stars Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Eli Wallach and James Coborn is on tv this month. You can catch it this coming Sunday at 1 AM on TNT or on Saturday June 25 at 4:30 P.M. on TCM. If you can't watch it at those times you can set your vcrs. It is also available at public libraries and movie rental stores. It is a great western and a magnificient movie indeed.

Now LOOK at what I have gone and started! :D :D :D

Phil C
06-15-2005, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Now LOOK at what I have gone and started! :D :D :D

;) :D

Phil C
06-15-2005, 11:33 AM
For those that want to see the Mighty 7 in action the track meet will be shown this Saturday (June18) on a tape delayed basis on CBS starting at 1:30 P.M. Good news indeed! :)

Phil C
06-15-2005, 02:02 PM
The Magnificient Seven is a great western made in 1960 and if you haven't seen it get ready to be entertained. It is in color and has beautiful scenery and the musical score by Elmer Berstein is great and won him an oscar nomination. All of the acting is great. This movie established Steve McQueen as a hollywood leading man and helped the careers of James Coborn and Charles Bronson and Robert Vaughn. Eli Wallach is great as the bandit leader as is Yul Brynner as the leader of the 7. The movie is 128 minutes long but is so entertaining that the time goes by fast. It has great scenes but two that standout are when Brynner and McQueen drive a hearse up a hill after about 15 minutes into the movie and then later James Coborn's knife fight against Robert Wilke when Coborn first appears. Much action and entertainment are yours when you see this movie. Don't miss it!

Phil C
06-16-2005, 09:05 AM
UT had also won the 1999 and 1999 National Championship in Women's Outdoor Track and Field.

Last year Sanya Richards a great sprinter on the UT forgoed two years of eligibility to turn pro for money and to the next level. She had the well wishes of her teammates and coaches.
I hope the money was worth it for her. She could have been a member of this year's national championship team.