PDA

View Full Version : Lady Luck: Lottery Player Wins TWICE!!!!

ILS1
06-14-2005, 04:19 PM
BETHLEHEM, Pennsylvania (AP) -- Some people seem to have all the luck. Just ask Donna Goeppert.

Earlier this year, she won $1 million playing a Pennsylvania Lottery scratch-off ticket, then turned around and won another million-dollar jackpot last week.

"What are the odds of that?" the 55-year-old woman said, calling her good fortune "just unbelievable."

The odds of winning just once are 1.44 million-to-1, according to state lottery officials. The odds of winning twice vary depending on how many tickets are scratched. Lehigh University professor Bob Storer placed the odds of winning twice at 419 million-to-1, if 100 tickets are played.

Goeppert's win in January allowed her to pay off her mortgage and her children's mortgages, buy a new Cadillac and save money for her grandchildren's education. She purchased her most recent winning ticket for $20.

Lottery officials confirmed Goeppert has filed a claim for the jackpot, which will take four to six weeks to verify.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Lady Luck Story (www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/14/lotto.winner.ap/index.html)

pirate4state
06-14-2005, 04:20 PM
I just won a whole DOLLAR!!! :D Anyone need a loan? ;)

AP Panther Fan
06-14-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I just won a whole DOLLAR!!! :D Anyone need a loan? ;)

Sure, my e.t.a. for Sinton would be approximately 6:30, meet me at the corner so I can save some gas.:D

wos fan1
06-14-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I just won a whole DOLLAR!!! :D Anyone need a loan? ;) Hell I seldom win a dollar....:weeping:

CHS_CG
06-14-2005, 08:39 PM
I won 2 dollars the other day. Yea! now i can buy a soda and a candybar:rolleyes:

JHS_c/o_06'
06-14-2005, 11:45 PM
I got my friend to get me one(scratch off).....and it said i owed the texas lottery 20 bucks....guess thats what i get for trying to play a year early......