PDA

View Full Version : Any Football card collectors?

spiveyrat
06-14-2005, 08:11 AM
A friend of mine just emailed me that he has an autographed Drew Pearson (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5208138119&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1) on Ebay.

GreenMonster
06-14-2005, 10:18 AM
I have a Mint Emmitt Smith Rookie, somewhere.

NSUTrumpet08
06-14-2005, 10:26 AM
i probably have a few football cards lying around but i'm a basketball card collector...i'm surprised i still collect.

raider red 2000
06-14-2005, 10:21 PM
i havnt collected cards in a while...some of my football ones that are cool are a bart starr rookie, joe montana rookie, set with troy aikman rookie and barry sanders rookie.

baseball- nolar ryan rookie, jakie robinson rookie, 2nd year mickey mantle.

they just kidna sit there and collect dust.

coolest signatures i got are a set of boxin gloves with muhammad ali's sig, baseball with all 300 game winners prior to 1995 or so.

jason
06-14-2005, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I have a Mint Emmitt Smith Rookie, somewhere. me and my brother got my dad emmit smith and michael irvin rookie cards for fathers day one year....

sicem74
06-15-2005, 12:59 AM
signed ken griffey jr baseball card in his rookie season!

big daddy russ
06-15-2005, 02:05 AM
Dang, raidered, that's a hell of a collection.

sahen
06-15-2005, 03:22 AM
i have over 12,000 baseball/basketball/football cards....i was a serious collector when i was younger....i havent bought cards in forever though....they just sit there now, but every once and a while i look through them...i should go buy a beckett and check on the value of some of them...oh well, i mainly have baseball though....

raider red 2000
06-15-2005, 08:47 AM
sahen- we are kinda in he same boat.

the only time i ever look at them is when i go home. my dad and i sit own on the floor like kids and spread out the good ones. he likes to tell stories about the old players and bringsback good memories about when i was a kid.

i have no idea of what all of this stuff is worth...would be kinda nice to know, but i have no idea what i would do if i found out that my collection was worth more than my yearly salary :)

BHBrave08
06-15-2005, 11:30 AM
I have only one football auto. It is a Hershel Walker card. Don't know who the guy is though?? O yeah:doh: I forgot about the Earl Campbell picture that is autoed.

I have a ton from baseball though. Let's see:thinking:......

On pictures I have a Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Joe DMaggio, Gaylord Perry, Yogi Berra, Ted Williams, and Hank Aaron.

On baseball's I have Mickey & Joe on the same ball, Nolan Ryan, Willie Mays, and a few people who are still playing but they're nothing great.

On cards all I have is Greg Maddux and John Smoltz.

That's about it.

Bandera YaYa
06-15-2005, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by jason
me and my brother got my dad emmit smith and michael irvin rookie cards for fathers day one year.... geeeeeee....a pack of gum....wow....big spender! :p :rolleyes: :D :kiss:

pirate44
06-15-2005, 12:53 PM
i had a Honus Wagner card, but it was printed with a cracked plate, so i threw it away. stupid cracked plate.

big daddy russ
06-15-2005, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by BHBrave08
I have only one football auto. It is a Hershel Walker card. Don't know who the guy is though?? O yeah:doh: I forgot about the Earl Campbell picture that is autoed.

I have a ton from baseball though. Let's see:thinking:......

On pictures I have a Lou Gehrig, Babe Ruth, Mickey Mantle, Joe DMaggio, Gaylord Perry, Yogi Berra, Ted Williams, and Hank Aaron.

On baseball's I have Mickey & Joe on the same ball, Nolan Ryan, Willie Mays, and a few people who are still playing but they're nothing great.

On cards all I have is Greg Maddux and John Smoltz.

That's about it.
Don't know who Herschel Walker is? Google "Heisman Trophy," "Georgia Bulldogs," "Dallas Cowboys greats," or "best college RB ever" and you'll get thousands of hits on Herschel. Drafted into the NFL by the Cowboys in the early- to mid-80's and was an All-Pro RB until Dallas traded him to Minnesota in '89 in the deal that landed them a few key draft picks--- the picks that turned into Michael Irvin and Emmitt Smith.

BTW, that's a nice collection of autographs. The Gehrig and Ruth autographs are worth quite a big. So are the Mantle, DiMaggio and Williams autos.

big daddy russ
06-15-2005, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by raider red 2000
i have no idea of what all of this stuff is worth...would be kinda nice to know, but i have no idea what i would do if i found out that my collection was worth more than my yearly salary :)
I don't know what you make, but if it's more than what your collection is worth it doesn't sound like you're doing all that bad.

BullFrog Dad
06-15-2005, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i had a Honus Wagner card, but it was printed with a cracked plate, so i threw it away. stupid cracked plate. You're killin' me!!!

GWOOD
06-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Not too many football cards in my collection. But I have a few prize baseball cards

'34 Goudey Leo Durocher
'59 Topps Stan Musial
'64 Topps Mickey Mantle

and my favorite...1909 Christy Mathewson Tobacco Card

oh, and my '82 Cal Ripken Rookie is not a bad one itself!