PDA

View Full Version : They are about to announce the Jackson verdict...

KTJ
06-13-2005, 03:50 PM
stay tuned!

mwynn05
06-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Janet is there.

LH Panther Mom
06-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Wow! I got home from the office just in time.

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Someone please post it. My CNN Bulletins seem to take forever to get to me.:(

44INAROW
06-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
Someone please post it. My CNN Bulletins seem to take forever to get to me.:(
I can't get the video file to load.. guess they are overloaded :(

LH Panther Mom
06-13-2005, 04:15 PM
So far, counts 1-6 he has been found not guilty.

44INAROW
06-13-2005, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
So far, counts 1-6 he has been found non guilty.

omg........... of course I have no idea what the counts are

KTJ
06-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Not Guilty in EVERYTHING!

LH Panther Mom
06-13-2005, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
omg........... of course I have no idea what the counts are

1-5 were the felony charges; not sure about 6, but 7-10 were the alcohol related charges that he could receive felony or misdeanor penalties. He is not guilty on all counts.

LH Panther Mom
06-13-2005, 04:20 PM
My honest opinion is that the next parent who lets their child visit him needs to be shot. :mad:

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Looks like Michael's physical health just improved...:rolleyes:

now, as to his mental well-being, guess we can all continue to question that....

this burns me up:foul: :foul: :foul:

Phil C
06-13-2005, 04:27 PM
Be calm and civilized everyone. Please do not riot or do anything foolish. We must accept the Jury's verdict as determined by our infailable judicial system.

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2005, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
Be calm and civilized everyone. Please do not riot or do anything foolish. We must accept the Jury's verdict as determined by our infailable judicial system.

:foul: :foul: :foul:

I got your sarcasm.;)

44INAROW
06-13-2005, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Phil C

thank you for calming me down before I did something stupid :D

I think they need to have everyone of the jurors pick one of their children or grandchildren under the age of 12 and let them spend a weekend with monkeyman ALONE OK I won't say anything else aboaut it

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2005, 04:33 PM
Well....he still doesn't win. I seriously doubt his already suffering career will ever recover and what goes around will eventually come around.:mad:

Bulldog_12
06-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Oh my gosh! I can't believe this. Wait, yes I can. As long as you are a celebrity, you can get away with murder, child molestation, giving alcohol to minors, but at least they cant get away with embezzlement! Oh our wonderful judicial system.:rolleyes:

KTJ
06-13-2005, 04:44 PM
His career isn't suffering--it's just over. Suffering means you have no money and no big house to run to. He still has all of that.

And I'm not so sure that he was totally guilty. It was proven that the mother of the little boy lied while on the stand several times. Then again, I would never let my child go to his house....ever.

vet93
06-13-2005, 04:45 PM
This case came down to the credibility of the victim and his family. Had this family had a clean reputation...then Jackson was toast. I think that it is obvious that Jackson's actions were criminal, however, the antics of this young man's family cost him vindication in court....I guess the civil trial will be the next courtroom circus.

Bulldog_12
06-13-2005, 05:02 PM
I didn't think they would get him on child molestation charges, but I was almost certain that he would be caught on the alcohol thing. There were too many testimonies against that count to just say that there was no alcohol given to minors at ALL.

HighSchool Fan
06-13-2005, 05:05 PM
I don't understand, why can't this case come down to just Michael Jackson being innocent, maybe being set up. Isn't everyone innocent until proven guilty?? People had him guilty the day the charges were made public, way before any evidence was even presented. If people want to talk about our judicial system, tell me what country has a better one. Listen to some of the talk shows on foxnews, court tv, cnn or msnbc, 95% of their lawyers they had watching the trial all said that there wasn't enough evidence to convict him.

LH Panther Mom
06-13-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by HighSchool Fan
I don't understand, why can't this case come down to just Michael Jackson being innocent, maybe being set up. Isn't everyone innocent until proven guilty?? People had him guilty the day the charges were made public, way before any evidence was even presented. If people want to talk about our judicial system, tell me what country has a better one. Listen to some of the talk shows on foxnews, court tv, cnn or msnbc, 95% of their lawyers they had watching the trial all said that there wasn't enough evidence to convict him.

Oh, I completely agree. Without enough evidence, not guilty was the only option. Obviously, the jurors thought long and hard, as they asked for testimony to be reread several times. I'm not upset at the way our judicial system works. What irks me is the parents who continue to allow their children to spend unsupervised time with him with the questionable history there.

To me, "settling" a civil trial is pretty much an admission of guilt without criminal punishment. Should this mother sue him in civil court as the last set of parents did AND there is a settlement, if there are parents in the future that allow their children time with him and a problem occurs, they should have their children removed from their care. (I said they should be shot, but that won't happen.)

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2005, 05:21 PM
Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. It isn't like it is the first time he has been accused of the same type of behaviour.

I think Vet93 is absolutely right in his above post.

TAMUGRAD
06-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Only in California! The jury found him not guilty but I hope that no one allows their child to spend any unsupervised time with him. I don't understand how they could find him not guilty on the alcohol charges.

No matter, he has a major cash flow problem, not to mention outrageous attorney's fees and oh did I mention that his career is pretty much over. He better hope those Beatles and Elvis libraries he controls are enough to support his outlandish lifestyle.

TAMUGRAD
06-13-2005, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by vet93
This case came down to the credibility of the victim and his family. Had this family had a clean reputation...then Jackson was toast. I think that it is obvious that Jackson's actions were criminal, however, the antics of this young man's family cost him vindication in court....I guess the civil trial will be the next courtroom circus.

I agree, vet93, you hit it right on the nose.

HighSchool Fan
06-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Where there is smoke, there is usually fire. It isn't like it is the first time he has been accused of the same type of behaviour.

I think Vet93 is absolutely right in his above post.

there was alot of smoke about the WMD's. how many have we found??

the fact of the matter is, all the legal experts, except Gloria Allread, said the evidence wasn't there to convict him. it doesn't matter about the individual's reputation, if there isn't any solid evidence then you go free. even the boys brother said nothing happened. if you, as a juror, have any reasonable doubt at all, them you must find him not guilty, and there was plenty of reasonable doubt in this trial.

Ranger Mom
06-13-2005, 05:46 PM

the fact of the matter is, all the legal experts, except Gloria Allread, said the evidence wasn't there to convict him. it doesn't matter about the individual's reputation, if there isn't any solid evidence then you go free. even the boys brother said nothing happened. if you, as a juror, have any reasonable doubt at all, them you must find him not guilty, and there was plenty of reasonable doubt in this trial.

I have to agree with HSF....personally, I think he's guilty as sin, but if they couldn't find him guilty "beyond a reasonable doubt" then they have no choice but to acquit.

I knew Geraldo wouldn't have to shave off his mustache!!

jason
06-13-2005, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by TAMUGRAD
He better hope those Beatles and Elvis libraries he controls are enough to support his outlandish lifestyle. hes not gonna be able to afford to pay the guy that always holds that umbrella over him...

AP Panther Fan
06-13-2005, 06:07 PM

I absolutely understand all of the above, it does not mean that I have to like the verdict or agree that justice is being served.

As for Saddam Hussein and weapons of mass destruction or the lack thereof, the fact still remains that he needed to be removed from power and that he should stand trial for the crimes against those in his own country.

I really don't want to argue with you, I just happen to think differently.;)

vet93
06-13-2005, 06:11 PM
The evidence is there if you believe your victim. The circumstantial evidence found at the scene of the crime was not enough evidence to convict....unless you have a witness or victim whose direct testimony validates the circumstantial evidence. The defense attacked the credibility of the victim and his family which gave the jury enough reasonable doubt to acquit. If the victim's repuation had been solid....Jackson would have gone down because the prosecutions argument hinged on the victim's testimony.

District303aPastPlayer
06-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by jason
hes not gonna be able to afford to pay the guy that always holds that umbrella over him...

He could hire Puffys Man-servant for a lot less im sure :)

CHS_CG
06-13-2005, 07:36 PM
I think the reason they didnt believe the little boy was bc of the mother. I am watching Nancy Grace, and the foreman of the jury is on, lol and Nancy is tryin to get some since into him. lol I have to say shes being a lil pushy. I was watchin CNN b4 this and they jury was on and one women said "i didnt like when the mother was snappin her fingers while she was on the stand." I am sorry.. i thought it was jacksons trail and it was between her son and jackson.. I am sorry but I believe he was guilty. I dont care if they thought he was makin it up.. if you looked at the police video they showed at the end... EVERYBODY said it looked and sounded like he was tellin the truth. I think the mother that let her son sleep with him for 365 days needs to be shot.. stabbed.. ran over.. SOMETHING! That is just plain S..T..U..P..I..D!

spiveyrat
06-14-2005, 07:23 AM

As for Saddam Hussein and weapons of mass destruction or the lack thereof...

There were some found. A couple of artillery shells with Sarin gas in them come to mind. However, there were no warehouses full found...