PDA

View Full Version : Bad News NBA Fans!

Phil C
06-13-2005, 01:37 PM
I know this is a terrible thing to bring up with the playoffs going on but it is possible there will be a lockout on July 1 and we may have to endure a shortened season like 1998-99. :(

sicem74
06-13-2005, 01:48 PM
yaaaaaaaaa

BullFrog Dad
06-13-2005, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I know this is a terrible thing to bring up with the playoffs going on but it is possible there will be a lockout on July 1 and we may have to endure a shortened season like 1998-99. :( Don't be surprised if it ends up like this year's NHL season. These Pro Sports owners are beginning to realise that they can handle a non-season much better than players in order to get their way.

Phil C
06-13-2005, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by BullFrog Dad
Don't be surprised if it ends up like this year's NHL season. These Pro Sports owners are beginning to realise that they can handle a non-season much better than players in order to get their way.

No NBA for a whole year! Perish the thought Bullfrog Dad!

SwtwtrMstngs04
06-13-2005, 06:20 PM
look on the bright side the last time this happened the Spurs won the Championship.

AggieJohn
06-13-2005, 09:18 PM
i think they have learned their lesson from the NHL

GOFOR2
06-13-2005, 09:21 PM
I know this is a terrible thing to bring up with the playoffs going on but it is possible there will be a lockout on July 1 and we may have to endure a shortened season like 1998-99. :(

Who?.......Cares!!

JettJenkins04
06-13-2005, 09:41 PM
With this type of NBA final, I really don't care anymore.

SintonFan
06-13-2005, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by JettJenkins04
With this type of NBA final, I really don't care anymore.
Sorry, I think the Spurs' type of basketball is more exciting than the Lakers for the last few years.
1st, they can light up an opponent with near-Sun's offense(better than Lakers could do)
AND
2nd, shut down someone like the Pistons can(too bad they're playin' the Pistons).
It's the best of both worlds IMHO.
On top of that just watching Ginobili, Parker, Duncan(duhh), Horry and the rest of the crew makes for better quality basketball to watch.
Look for Detroit to make the rest of the series much more interesting if you're looking for a close game from here on out. :)
I hate when folks buy into what commentators say what we should be excited about. San Antonio has put on a "clinic" these first two games...:cool: They deserve respect regardless of the cities' size.

GreenMonster
06-13-2005, 11:56 PM
No NBA for a whole year!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: That's the best thing I've heard since the day my wife said "I Do."