or

3--triangle

What is your answer?

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-12-2005, 09:10 PM
In a 3-4 defense, you read the guards.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
06-12-2005, 09:12 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what you do at inside linebacker, we run a 4-3, so I'm not positive.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-13-2005, 12:32 AM
well unless im mistaken, it depends on the team, and it can either be the guards, fullback or the tailback.

GreenMonster
06-13-2005, 01:01 PM
unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't really matter, all 3 of these will be used in any one season by a DC in this system. The offense that you are facing will dictate to you where to get your read. DC determine which one they will read that week and will pass that on to the LB's. Wing T read guards because they take you to the football, Bone read fullback to near back playside LB should hit FullBack in the mouth and backside LB bust but across the defense to clean up a cut back, Splitback Veer read near back, Spread read triangle. There is no set in stone read in these defenses. If you were to do that then you would be at a disadvantage to a good offense.

kaorder1999
06-13-2005, 01:36 PM
you can either read guards or backs....im a fan of reading guards because very few times are guards going to give you a misread. SOmetimes its difficult to tell the difference in a down or zone cutoff but a good offensive lineman will give you a good read. Bad offensive lineman will give you horrible reads. There is so much play action and crossing going on in the backfields now a days that i dont like reading backs

i saw read guard to back.