PDA

View Full Version : Pink Floyd Reuniting For Live 8 Concert

ILS1
06-12-2005, 02:02 PM
LONDON, England (Reuters) -- Four members of seminal British rock band Pink Floyd will play together for the first time in 24 years at London's Live 8 charity concert for Africa on July 2, publicists for the event said on Sunday.

Guitarist David Gilmour, drummer Nick Mason and keyboard player Richard Wright will be on stage with bassist Roger Waters for their first public performance since they played at London's Earls Court in 1981.

The rock legends will join a star-studded line-up including Coldplay, Elton John and Paul McCartney at the Live 8 concert in Hyde Park, organized by activist rocker Bob Geldof to pressure rich nations to ease African poverty.

"Like most people I want to do everything I can to persuade the G8 leaders to make huge commitments to the relief of poverty and increased aid to the third world," said Gilmour.

"Any squabbles Roger and the band have had in the past are so petty in this context, and if reforming for this concert will help focus attention then it's got to be worthwhile."

The band released their first album "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" in 1967 and broke records with 1973's "The Dark Side Of The Moon", which remained in the American album charts for more than a decade.

In the 1980s relations between Waters and the rest of the group soured, with Waters suing over the rights to the Pink Floyd name.

Gilmore, Mason and Wright continued to record and tour as Pink Floyd, releasing their last studio album "The Division Bell" in 1994.

Pink Floyd (www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/06/12/pink.floyd.reut/index.html)

JHS_c/o_06'
06-12-2005, 05:08 PM
:weeping::weeping::weeping::weeping:.....thats the greatest news ive heard all year

.....and i don't get to see it.

slpybear the bullfan
06-12-2005, 10:05 PM
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!

I hope they at least do a pay per view on DirectTV

JHS_c/o_06'
06-13-2005, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

I hope they at least do a pay per view on DirectTV

....then i still wouldnt get to see it......i guess God just doesnt want me to see Pink Floyd.

pirate44
06-13-2005, 07:29 AM
has anyone seen The Wizard of Oz while playing Dark Side of the Moon? i havent but here is supposedly what happens
Dark Side of Oz (http://www.everwonder.com/david/wizardofoz/)

LH Panther Mom
06-13-2005, 07:56 AM
Originally posted by pirate44
has anyone seen The Wizard of Oz while playing Dark Side of the Moon? i havent but here is supposedly what happens
Dark Side of Oz (http://www.everwonder.com/david/wizardofoz/)

I have...it's great! :cool:

44INAROW
06-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I have...it's great! :cool:

me too - and the fun part was we did it with my oldest and a bunch of his friends......... :D