PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Question

Old Tiger
06-12-2005, 01:58 PM
What is the best brand of laptops to buy?

sinton66
06-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Very hard to beat Dell or IBM.

marlin fan
06-12-2005, 02:08 PM
I have a Dell Laptop. Have had it for 2 years now!! Havent had any problems with it so far!!

ILS1
06-12-2005, 02:11 PM
They are basically all the same,all the parts I mean. But make sure you get one with all bells and whistles you want. ie......processor speed,CD or DVD burner,big enough hard drive and PLENTY of memory. But make sure it comes with a GOOD WARRANTY!!! Most people would say either Dell,HP/Compaq or IBM. Your best bet is to look online. THAT'S where you get your best deals. I recently bought a Gateway laptop,8 months ago. I love it. Plus,it came with more stuff and it was $400 dollars cheaper than Dell. IBM was ridiculously priced!!! Good luck and let us know what you get.

:)

Astrosdawg07
06-12-2005, 02:13 PM
Dell!

Old Tiger
06-12-2005, 02:50 PM
I forgot to mention it will be fo surfing the web, talking on messengers, and school work. Any ideas on specs that I should focus on?

jason
06-12-2005, 05:27 PM
dell makes decent machines, but they are over priced and their customer service (when it comes to getting it fixed) is absolutely horrid...just ask marlin_fan...

your best bet, imo, is to get a sony vaio or an hp from some place like circuit city or best buy that will come with a warranty and you can just take it to them to fix....

crabman
06-12-2005, 05:49 PM
I don't know what you mean about the warranty being bad. I had a Dell laptop that lost a video card. It happened on the Thursday before Good Friday. The guy on the phone walked me through taking the battery and hard drive out of the machine. He then told me to walk up to the front of our office to the receptioninsts desk and there would be a man there with a box. I was to put my computer in it and sign the paper. I walked up front and there was a guy from Airborne Express there. He had a foam lined box that my laptop fit into. I signed and went back to the phone. They guy on the other end said "pretty cool, huh?". I was without my laptop on Good Friday, Saturday, and Easter Sunday. Monday morning at 10:00 A.M. my laptop was back.

mwynn05
06-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by crabman
I don't know what you mean about the warranty being bad. I had a Dell laptop that lost a video card. It happened on the Thursday before Good Friday. The guy on the phone walked me through taking the battery and hard drive out of the machine. He then told me to walk up to the front of our office to the receptioninsts desk and there would be a man there with a box. I was to put my computer in it and sign the paper. I walked up front and there was a guy from Airborne Express there. He had a foam lined box that my laptop fit into. I signed and went back to the phone. They guy on the other end said "pretty cool, huh?". I was without my laptop on Good Friday, Saturday, and Easter Sunday. Monday morning at 10:00 A.M. my laptop was back. He didnt say the warrenty was bad he said their customer service was bad

marlin fan
06-12-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by jason
their customer service (when it comes to getting it fixed) is absolutely horrid...just ask marlin_fan...

Yes when u have a problem DO NOT CALL THEM!!! go online and chat with tech support!!

Old Tiger
06-12-2005, 10:46 PM
lol...