PDA

View Full Version : start of a new era.....

surfspike
08-11-2002, 10:45 PM
it seems to me at a glance that the majority of 3a teams have taken more of a hit than additions. i dont know what the heck to think about my team forney this year. they could be the one team that took the hardest hit from last year.

1. dabryan blanton - greatest single offensive weapon

2. ex-head coach max is now at burleson i believe as well as another forney coach, coach hunt.

3. bryson brown- biggest playmaker when forney needed the yards most

4. quite a few in experienced players, should be able to pick up the slack though :/

5. old time tradition will be totally different due to new stadium and HS. Im sure the new stadium will be nice, but the old one has too many good memories.

Forney has their backs to the wall this year and lots of pressure to return as a potent fighter, however there is no possible way for an offense to recover from something like that. The district sch. difficulty may give forney a better image than they actually achieve.

either way, forney has lots of re adjusting to do. who else?

eye of the tiger
08-11-2002, 11:00 PM
surfspike what about that good kicker you guys had last year? He was definately a weapon. Name started with a C I think, but I am suffering from cant remembers right now.

Matthew328
08-11-2002, 11:18 PM
Forney will be fine...they have lots of kids with talent over there....they may be a bit down on offense but look for a ball control team that won't put up points like last years team but stil will move the ball..I think the defense will be stout maybe better than last year's group...trust me Forney will be OK...heck I have a feeling they'll go farther this year than last year..