PDA

View Full Version : The Longest Yard

pirate44
06-12-2005, 08:36 AM
i dont know if there has been a review here on the Down Low, but it is a really good movie. i think it would have been alot better if MTV hadnt have made it. there was a bit of a cheese factor, but overall a very good, entertaining movie. i was very impressed. i havent seen the original, and just as well. i dont think i could have enjoyed this one if i had. i think it was worth the money.:clap:

one note:
i never thought id see Brian Bosworth wearing ol #44 again. it was amazing. even being off the steroids all these years he is still built. it brought a tear to my eye.

Old Tiger
06-12-2005, 11:10 AM
Is it better/up to par of the original? I really liked the original

Phil C
06-12-2005, 11:13 AM
I haven't seen the new one but most of the critics say even though it is very good it is NOT as good as the original.

rockdale80
06-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Tiger WR
Is it better/up to par of the original? I really liked the original

They are both good in their own way. It also follows the story line pretty well. I liked the first one and thought the new one was pretty good as well.

pantherpop
06-12-2005, 11:55 AM
I would think that the majority of people who saw the original would prefer it to the new movie. It was a pretty entertaining show though.

Bulldog_12
06-12-2005, 02:54 PM
I dont know, I prefer it to the older one. This new one was hilarious. It was easily one of the greatest movies I've seen in a while. It will definately be one that I buy.

CRHSeagle
06-12-2005, 06:03 PM
this movie is loaded with cameo's!

jason
06-12-2005, 06:11 PM
theres also another remake of that movie, its called 'mean machine' but instead of football, they play soccer....its funnier than the original 'longest yard'....

from Amazon.com

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
British soccer star Vinnie Jones stars as--no big stretch--a former soccer star named Danny "Mean Machine" Meehan who gets arrested for drunken assault and sent to prison for three years. Behind bars he finds himself embroiled in web of prison politics, caught between a governor with a gambling problem, a crime boss who lost a lot of money on a game that Meehan lost, and a motley crew of surly prisoners and guards with grudges. It all culminates in a soccer match between a team of guards, led by a hard-nosed warden, and a team of convicts, led by Meehan. Mean Machine is a remake of the Burt Reynolds movie The Longest Yard and the plot is pretty sure-fire; it's hard not to get caught up in the tensions of the big game. Plus, the comical game commentators give the movie a good jolt of humor. --Bret Fetzer

Mandy
06-12-2005, 07:35 PM
brass knuckles

now THAT's football ;)

pirate44
06-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by CRHSeagle
this movie is loaded with cameo's!
i know. i could have done without a few. but im glad there were some. glad to see the Boz.

ILS1
06-12-2005, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by jason
theres also another remake of that movie, its called 'mean machine' but instead of football, they play soccer....its funnier than the original 'longest yard'....

from Amazon.com

Editorial Reviews
Amazon.com
British soccer star Vinnie Jones stars as--no big stretch--a former soccer star named Danny "Mean Machine" Meehan who gets arrested for drunken assault and sent to prison for three years. Behind bars he finds himself embroiled in web of prison politics, caught between a governor with a gambling problem, a crime boss who lost a lot of money on a game that Meehan lost, and a motley crew of surly prisoners and guards with grudges. It all culminates in a soccer match between a team of guards, led by a hard-nosed warden, and a team of convicts, led by Meehan. Mean Machine is a remake of the Burt Reynolds movie The Longest Yard and the plot is pretty sure-fire; it's hard not to get caught up in the tensions of the big game. Plus, the comical game commentators give the movie a good jolt of humor. --Bret Fetzer

Kinda reminds me of that Sylvester Stallone movie made in the early 80's. I believe it was called Victory. All I remember is,I believe they were POW's and they had to play soccer. Michael Caine was in it,as well as Brazilian soccer super star Pele.

:D :D